Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

advantechnica

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2019
Denver, CO
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) user here, and I can confirm that this issue still exists... currently happening ~5 times per day.

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.15 (19A471t)","os_version":"Bridge OS 4.0 (17P50466r)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"D23EAB1A-B9AE-4678-BB6E-106F27200928","timestamp":"2019-06-14 21:05:30.96 +0000","bug_type":"210"}
What are you doing when it happens? Do you have peripherals plugged in?

taylormills

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2019
There are no peripherals attached, and the machine has minimal software installed (was not setup from a backup image, and the only programs installed are basic dev tools). The panics most often happen when I have left the machine sitting idle for a bit, but have also occurred during regular use.

I recently disabled secure boot, as well as turned off FileVault. While not ideal, this seems to have fixed the panics; however I haven't been using long enough yet to be certain.

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019) user here, and I can confirm that this issue still exists... currently happening ~5 times per day.

{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.15 (19A471t)","os_version":"Bridge OS 4.0 (17P50466r)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"D23EAB1A-B9AE-4678-BB6E-106F27200928","timestamp":"2019-06-14 21:05:30.96 +0000","bug_type":"210"}

While you'd hope future updates provide fixes, it's worth noting to others that you're using the Catalina developer beta so who knows what other bugs factor in to these crashes. One thing we can get from it, though, is that the 2019 models clearly don't have anything different that stops them getting such crashes. Frustrating stuff, huh?

Reactions: drdaz

gorik

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2019
hehe, I tried to reset smc and nvram during crash, and my HD crashed :)) mbp could not boot. So, I decided to go to service. They told me, 1) I'd better reinstall system myself, because if they will make it it my laptop will boot, they will charge me about 40 usd 2) I am the first one who told them mbp have such a problem
Is it really so? I am the one? :))) am I so lucky?
I formated HD, reinstall MacOS and my mbp already crashed again...

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
While this is a 2018 based thread, it would likely apply to the new 2019 MBP, right?

Received my new work computer last week and have set it up. Not one issue. Connected desktop keyboard and mouse by a Startech dock. Am a Java/Spring Boot developer in active development and so far, knock wood, not a crash yet.

My feeling is for people having issues, we need to get detailed information including any changes from the base OS that have been made, items attached and how and anything else note worthy.

My own system is running Mojave, latest patch. IntelliJ (latest), BBEdit (latest), GitHub Desktop, brew, etc.

Sonic

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2006
i've gad 6-7 freezes this week, usually on wakeup. i've had finder crash and fail copies numerous times, i've had severe audio issues persistently for a year. applecare (who i paid for) have stopped replying to me after repeatedly telling me to reinstall my OS. i think i'm done. i'm going to write off the £5k i've spent (which could have fed my family for a couple more months)

i'm going to get a PC because while i can live with most issues, the freezes are making every day full of worry i'd rather be without.

i wouldn't even have the heart to sell it to someone

Reactions: Mendota and solouki

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
No Bridge OS crashes for me on a MacBook Pro 13" 2018 since the Mojave 10.14.5 update. Had it happen a couple of times before that. No stability issues otherwise.

avia_bdg

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2019
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 Core i9 / 32GB / Radeon Pro 560X, purchased in Jan.

Started to have these crashes some months ago, got steadily worse. Contacted Apple Support when I had > 1 in a day. Reinstalled the macOS. Still had a crash. Did a clean install of macOS without TM restore. Had another crash a week or so after that. Apple Store "can't find anything wrong", Apple diagnostics "can't find anything wrong". Now they want to blame the peripherals, most of which worked without problem for years on the previous MacBook Pro from 2014, except for the new USB-C hubs/dongles. I don't think it's the hubs though.

Most recent crash:
{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F203)","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.5 (16P5200)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"30639A57-E0BB-4830-A6B6-F0A93471A9DE","timestamp":"2019-06-10 22:28:54.47 +0000","bug_type":"210"}

Reactions: ColoArtist

markedlymac

macrumors member
May 24, 2018
Since the 10.14.5 Supplemental Update, my rate of T2 crashing on my 2018 MPB has increased over the last week.

See my screenshot of recent crash dates:

i77oSBF.png

When on battery power and I simply plug my iPhone in (with official lightning to USB-C cable no less), my MBP has crashed 3 times in 5 days.

I doubt the update has made things worse. I think it's my user habits that have suddenly changed and it would have always crashed this often with the particular steps that are combining together to cause it right now. I'm doing USB reverse tethering while on holiday and usually I'd have the power plugged in 24/7 back at home, so it's different habits correlating with this more regular crashing since 10th June.

Reactions: ColoArtist

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007

Started to have these crashes some months ago, got steadily worse. Contacted Apple Support when I had > 1 in a day. Reinstalled the macOS. Still had a crash. Did a clean install of macOS without TM restore. Had another crash a week or so after that. Apple Store "can't find anything wrong", Apple diagnostics "can't find anything wrong". Now they want to blame the peripherals, most of which worked without problem for years on the previous MacBook Pro from 2014, except for the new USB-C hubs/dongles. I don't think it's the hubs though.

Most recent crash:
{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.14.5 (18F203)","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.5 (16P5200)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"30639A57-E0BB-4830-A6B6-F0A93471A9DE","timestamp":"2019-06-10 22:28:54.47 +0000","bug_type":"210"}
Since the 10.14.5 Supplemental Update, my rate of T2 crashing on my 2018 MPB has increased over the last week.

See my screenshot of recent crash dates:

i77oSBF.png

When on battery power and I simply plug my iPhone in (with official lightning to USB-C cable no less), my MBP has crashed 3 times in 5 days.

I doubt the update has made things worse. I think it's my user habits that have suddenly changed and it would have always crashed this often with the particular steps that are combining together to cause it right now. I'm doing USB reverse tethering while on holiday and usually I'd have the power plugged in 24/7 back at home, so it's different habits correlating with this more regular crashing since 10th June.

That's pretty frequent... :(
Have you reported it to Apple?

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/welcome

clindsey

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2019
I had the same exact issue. I uninstalled Sophos and updated from 10.14.3 to 10.14.5. This fixed my issue! Two weeks and no crash. Try removing your Anti-Virus.

bgalakazam

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2014
Germany
Seems to be hit and miss. But on a brand new 2018 13" with 7 battery cycles it seems weird. After SMC reset it seems it happens more rarely, about once per 1-2 days. The supplemental update is only for 15"?

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Apple will not admit this is an issue period. They will blame it on anything but the chip. I'm not sure whether the techs really think that, or have been told to stonewall. Either way they dismiss it as user error.

Reactions: g75d3

Hakiroto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2011
No, they don't dismiss it as user error. At least I have never seen this. If you push with support you'll eventually get help. I've been talking with a certain executive at Apple and a bunch of senior engineers. I've been running system diagnostics, sending logs, and answering questions they have. They're not trying to cover this up; they're very involved and they're trying to get to the bottom of it. That doesn't mean it's nice for us consumers – as it's not nice having such expensive computers be so unreliable at times – but I still believe we're in the vast minority of owners here. I know plenty of people with 2018 MacBook Pros who've had no problems. That doesn't make it right but you get my point.

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Yea they use the same T2 chip on that model as well but I am just wondering how come no one started complaining about that model yet lol

Complaining about the kernel panics due to the BridgeOS issue

I think he has issue with his new 2019 MBP. Now I hesitate to place an order.

Does this happen mostly when people use TB3 ports?

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
https://www.pastiebin.com/5d0cfa2ca83d5

Just got mine. Can I get a new computer?

Happens when I use anything else than the charger in the USB/TB3 port like it did with the 2016 and 2017. You simply can't use accessories without hiccups...

The machine is fairly stable if you don't connect anything to it, but I didn't buy a MacBook with a single port.

MBP 15 2018 baseline running macOS 10.14.5

Last edited:

alexballvideos

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2017
I've been good from just after April 2nd (last crash), at that time I reverted to 10.14.3 (no crashes) via a time machine backup as .4 gave me two or three crashes with nothing attached, not even charger. I should mention as soon as I did the time machine backup and booted into recovery dan disk disk repair on all three levels in disk utility, it didn't find anything concerning, but just listing things I have done. I've since went from .3 to .5 as soon as it was up and then to supplemental update for 15" with no issues. I work off two T5 USB-C SSD's in FCPX, photoshop, after effects and some heavy handbrake encodes for HEVC / x265 and some cheaper HDD are connected as clones.

The machine gets flogged.
Mine is a 2018 15-inch Vega 20 i7 16GB/500GB built Early Feb 2019.

avia_bdg

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2019

Most recent crash:

Apple asked me to keep the computer disconnected from the peripherals, and surely it crashed again one night with nothing plugged in. So now want me to run it in Safe Boot and see if it crashes that way. If it crashes or not, either way, the implications are not good – still crashes and nothing left to blame but the design itself, or that some software I installed keeps randomly crashing the system.

solouki

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2017
Apple asked me to keep the computer disconnected from the peripherals, and surely it crashed again one night with nothing plugged in. So now want me to run it in Safe Boot and see if it crashes that way. If it crashes or not, either way, the implications are not good – still crashes and nothing left to blame but the design itself, or that some software I installed keeps randomly crashing the system.

Not to be too discouraging, but I've had KPs when no peripherals were attached and when no additional software had been installed beyond the macOS itself, on a clean install (SSD erased, macOS downloaded and installed from the Internet) no less with no personal files transferred to the 2018 MBP (i.e., no iCloud, no Time Machine, no AirDrop, no rsync, etc.).

dossier15

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2019
Signed up to post here: my brand new 2018 MBP keeps restarting during sleep too. Also the usb c ports on the left hand side don’t work. The MacBook doesn’t charge through them nor does it detect USB devices plugged in on the left hand side.

im facing the same problem did you find any solution ?

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
BinarySkolex said:
Signed up to post here: my brand new 2018 MBP keeps restarting during sleep too. Also the usb c ports on the left hand side don’t work. The MacBook doesn’t charge through them nor does it detect USB devices plugged in on the left hand side.

Do the log files show that the restarts were caused by a bridgeOS kernel panic, often error 210? If the ports don't work then you may have a hardware issue which is likely a different problem. I'd take it to the genius bar.

swissbob

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2019
Got mine back, it was repaired, not replaced.

Anybody else got the Mac Book pro 15 repaired, instead of getting replaced?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.