Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Ok a note to all those who like me found that even with all the preparation and checking for having current card info, and got the pre-pre order set and breezed through only to find somehow the order still found somewhere, in a galaxy far away the old card info which put your order on hold. Please keep trying to get a service rep. I finally after about hour got through and was on hold for up to 10 minutes at least but then got in after minute and the rep got the info updated on order directly for me, and said now order is processing and on track for September 16! I was wrong they can change the payment info for you. At least the person I got who did it quickly and now I have what you see below back on track to join you all here on this journey. I hope others in this old card data limbo can get a person online and correct it like I did Good luck

View attachment 2055158

YAAAAAASSSSS!! 🥳🥳

mousekiks

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Ok a note to all those who like me found that even with all the preparation and checking for having current card info, and got the pre-pre order set and breezed through only to find somehow the order still found somewhere, in a galaxy far away the old card info which put your order on hold. Please keep trying to get a service rep. I finally after about hour got through and was on hold for up to 10 minutes at least but then got in after minute and the rep got the info updated on order directly for me, and said now order is processing and on track for September 16! I was wrong they can change the payment info for you. At least the person I got who did it quickly and now I have what you see below back on track to join you all here on this journey. I hope others in this old card data limbo can get a person online and correct it like I did Good luck

View attachment 2055158
I got through a rep, but they said they couldn't update the order until later today.

• Sad
Reactions: happy orchard

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
I can't imagine Apple using USPS as a fright carrier. USPS charges way more. Do they even have the planes to bring it to the USA?

This is USPS rates.

View attachment 2055150
I used to work at a UPS Store. UPS is different than USPS. but there is a UPS service called UPS Surepost. It means it will be shipped via UPS then it will be switched/transported to a nearest USPS for final leg of delivery. It typically takes a business day longer to deliver a package because of the transport.

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
For those of you that did the iPhone 14 Pro Max in 256GB with Apple Upgrade Program, what was your first payment? On my original receipt, it said about $110 in tax and $58 for first month payment, bringing the total to $161.

But then when my payment had issues going through, the Apple associate said it only tried charging my card $88 for taxes and then $58 for the first month's payment.

He updated my payment info to a new card and it seems to have "cleared", but it is now showing initial tax $88 and first payment $58 for a total of $146.

Worried that I am going to get a email in a few hours saying that the payment isn't right again.

Their advice was to call Citizens One, but as soon as I get to someone, it hangs up.

:(

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA

You can always go on Ebay and get launch date orders.....for $1700-2000+ 🙄
*Happens every year and it boggles my mind.

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 11.07.15 AM.png

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Cool glad you got the issues resolved!
Thanks I see you are a weather chaser. I am a weather nerd at least, and local weather bureau stormspotter ;-). retired geologist and paleontologist but took meteorology as undergrad and wrote papers on tornadoes even chased one above trees in my former Iowa home town on my bike with friend (We stayed behind but probably was stupid LOL)

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I saw this in the Frequently Asked Questions...just wanted to know, you can have two iUPs at the same time? My wife's 12 has one payment left - the 24th - and we want to pay it to keep for my daughter:

• If I upgrade to a new iPhone, what happens to my existing iPhone Upgrade Program monthly payments?​

For shipped orders, the monthly payments for your existing iPhone Upgrade Program will pause once your new iPhone ships. Once you send us your previous iPhone, and if it matches the trade-in criteria, we’ll close the associated loan. If you don’t send your iPhone within 14 days of receiving the Trade-in Kit, the remaining payments will resume — on top of the monthly payments on your new iPhone. For pickup orders, your existing monthly payments will pause once your new iPhone is set aside. If you don’t pick up your new iPhone within the check-in window, your order will be canceled and your monthly payments will resume.

Reactions: Spizike
Just caught up with all the posts from 4:58AM - 5:05AMPST. Right before Apple Pre-orders opened. During that time, you guys are commenting here like it's nothing. Savage! My hands were too busy refreshing. Respect for ya'll for multitasking like a beast. How were you not scared not getting into the Apple Store? Mind-blowing!

Last edited:

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I got through a rep, but they said they couldn't update the order until later today.
The rep I got could with me giving credit card info update my order app payment but make no other changes. That took it off hold and order is in process. What were you trying to update a card or some other order aspect???

I used to work at a UPS Store. UPS is different than USPS. but there is a UPS service called UPS Surepost. It means it will be shipped via UPS then it will be switched/transported to a nearest USPS for final leg of delivery. It typically takes a business day longer to deliver a package because of the transport.
Thank you! UPS it is. Affirmative!

Reactions: Brad7

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Cool. How's the slip-to-grip ratio?

I love the minimalist totallee case but I'm not going out of the house with that thing because one drop and my phone would be shattered and then I would be shattered.

So I don't want clunky and don't want too thin. You know, the Goldilocks of clear cases?

I love the Caudabe Lucid Clear case, but this year it have the MagSafe circle on the back and I don’t like that, so I’m undecided on that case.

Reactions: happy orchard
The rep I got could with me giving credit card info update my order app payment but make no other changes. That took it off hold and order is in process. What were you trying to update a card or some other order aspect???
You should have asked them about changing it to Express Shipping and see if that's available.

wheathin

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Atlanta, GA
woohoo T-Mobile is going all out!!!
I'm in the same boat as you, ordered the same iPhone Pro Max also from T-Mobile. What a mess pre-ordering was/is this year.
- I was online before 8 am EST and couldn't get into the Apple Store app for more than 10-15 mins.
- Once in, Apple couldn't verify my phone line or PIN with T-Mobile.
- I got a reservation ticket # finally from Apple saying T-Mobile was having trouble...
- T-Mobile's website got me to the confirm order step after shipping address & Payment and would just spin and spin.

About 10:40 am I tried Apple Store app again on a whim, this time it took and my order is set for delivery Oct 10 - 17 also by Postal Service (it says).

I guess deliver 3-4 weeks late isn't so bad given all the issues. I'll be traveling on Sept 16 anyway.

I highly doubt Apple is going to ship the new iPhone by Postal Service. If so I'll never get it!😄

I'm sure it will update to UPS at some point. What a mess pre-order was this year! :oops:

Shout out to people I recognize from previous pre-order threads.

Reactions: alexcue

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
For store pickup, are you required to go during your pickup window? What would happen if I chose a Saturday time slot, but showed up on Friday? (All the Friday time slots are taken)
I've gone earlier than my time slot (or later) on the same day and it was not an issue. Not sure if you go a day earlier if that'll be a problem. Maybe try to call your local store on Thursday to check if you can come early?

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
You should have asked them about changing it to Express Shipping and see if that's available.
Ah did not want to mess with it. Some seem to have reps who cannot change anything in order, but this person said he could update my old card info right there and did so. Not wanting to mess with some other aspect. I got September 16 so leaving as is LOL

Ah did not want to mess with it. Some seem to have reps who cannot change anything in order, but this person said he could update my old card info right there and did so. Not wanting to mess with some other aspect. I got September 16 so leaving as is LOL
Don't want to be living on the edge, haha! I'm happy for you tho. Congratz!

chasers

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
I feel like Apple missed up with this color. The blue from last year was so good. The only thing I like purple is grape soda. Lol.

that blue was UGLY!! but i like this color it’s growing on me. plus i can trade it in next year if i wanted. it reminds me of grape soda also Welch’s grape, if you drink any other type of grape soda i’m judging you hard 🤣

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.