Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Iā€™m picking mine up at Apple store next Friday at 8:15 am. If I let them deliver it to my home, I always get it after 3pm. Besides I donā€™t like to be stuck at home all day waiting.
I did the same thing.

I just looked on the website and shipping dates now for the 13 PM have moved up to October 10th. As I suspected these things are selling quite well. Iā€™m so glad I woke up to pre order.

Olivia23

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2008
around
Good to be back was not sure but the 48 MP camera (details) got me was not sure of just 48 MP and having images that take lots of space but looks to be much I can do with camera. The dynamic island is a good way to put my notifications out of way around the pill opening so I like that. I do not travel internationally so the going to fully esim is a security win for me. Not sure about the satellite SOS though not wanting to have to pay for the emergency feature as I am toning down lots of subscriptions these days.

Now to wait for the note from apple to do my preorder setup.
At least the satellite thing is free for 2 years. After that who knows?

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Oops, I wasnā€™t good at answering.. ok Iā€™ve been a bit out of touch, and brain fogged. I lost my brother and daughter both in June and have had a hard time since. Anyway, Iā€™m set with my preorder, a PM purple 256g. Alarm is set and even though Iā€™ve done this many times, Iā€™m nervous that Iā€™ll mess it up! LOL.
Happy to be back with you all.. I need the friendly exchanges we have here :)

Iā€™m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

Oy vey, I told Tim return-to-office is gonna be a bad idea! šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø šŸ˜‚

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I'm debating...do I need new Airpods? I have the current Airpods Pro. I like them but I don't use them as much as I should for the money. I really want the new charging case though. Mine doesn't charge with the Watch charger and I would like that.
Ditto, doing my very best to resist but the case is so tempting. I don't take mine out of the house, too easy to lose and I refuse to walk around with those things hanging down from my ears. I put my case in a leather case with a lanyard but I'm still paranoid about losing them so I use a cheaper pair that work fine for when I'm out of the house.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
have anyone had tottallee cases for iPhone 12/13? I had a frosted clear for iPhone XS Max and I really loved it. I wonder if itā€™s the same quality for previous iPhone models. Thinking of getting one for 14PM.
I have been using Totallee cases for the past 3-4 cycles. Already ordered my 14 Pro case: frosted black.

I once dropped my device on the driveway where it struck the bottom-left corner, and that thin little case did it's job: displacing the trauma around the device. While it cut the case, my device came away unscathed. As a bonus, Totalee's customer service is a refreshing breath of fresh air. Tops!

If you like thin cases, I can't recommend a company more. Have prob turned maybe 5-10 people onto Totallee.

Last edited:

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Iā€™m picking mine up at Apple store next Friday at 8:15 am. If I let them deliver it to my home, I always get it after 3pm. Besides I donā€™t like to be stuck at home all day waiting.
Exactly! That is why I always choose in store pickup. Might as well go get it rather than sitting around all day waiting for the UPS truck!

Reactions: valinda

Cyberguycpt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2014
" data-source="post: 31428196" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
What about Grape Kool-Aid?

81Nlalat5JL._SY679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX414SY679SH20_.jpg

Lmao, when I was a kid we were bougie ghetto we mixed every flavor with lemon as well. Kool aid with a twist. Lol

Chacocliff

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2014
I'm in the same boat as a lot of people here. I ordered almost immediately (14 Pro, 1TB, Purple) and yet I got the 23rd. That model is still showing delivery on the 16th even now, 3 hours later.
Initially it said "via postal service" but now it just says "Arrives Sep 23" so maybe it'll get pushed forward once they assign it to a carrier?
I had that and my card just got charged. I'm hoping it was something weird with the store this morning, and it will be pushed up to launch day.

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Play with 5 kittens or order the new phone - I have to say that would be a tough decision for me. Tough call. :)
I managed it though, even with them rubbing and licking and swiping at my screen and climbing all over me and my phone. Ordered as soon as Apple store app was ready, launch day delivery.

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
I can't wait for the tracking madness to begin. I have launch day delivery and next week can't come soon enough!!! I just wish they released the Airpods Pro 2 next week and not the 23rd. Oh well!! I still have the original pro's until then.

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Ok a note to all those who like me found that even with all the preparation and checking for having current card info, and got the pre-pre order set and breezed through only to find somehow the order still found somewhere, in a galaxy far away the old card info which put your order on hold. Please keep trying to get a service rep. I finally after about hour got through and was on hold for up to 10 minutes at least but then got in after minute and the rep got the info updated on order directly for me, and said now order is processing and on track for September 16! I was wrong they can change the payment info for you. At least the person I got who did it quickly and now I have what you see below back on track to join you all here on this journey. I hope others in this old card data limbo can get a person online and correct it like I did Good luck

View attachment 2055158

Yep, this just happened to me. I have no clue where the old card info came from because I triple checked that I had the right info when ordering. So weird.

Apple got it sorted after a 10 minute hold for a service rep though, so itā€™s all good. Still on track for the 16th!

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Just caught up with all the posts from 4:58AM - 5:05AMPST. Right before Apple Pre-orders opened. During that time, you guys are commenting here like it's nothing. Savage! My hands were too busy refreshing. Respect for ya'll for multitasking like a beast. How were you not scared not getting into the Apple Store? Mind-blowing!
Yeah as soon as you said youā€™re dipping out to focus on the preorder, I was like ā€œthatā€™s a great idea, Iā€™m doing that, tooā€, and it worked out! šŸ˜Ž

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I had that and my card just got charged. I'm hoping it was something weird with the store this morning, and it will be pushed up to launch day.
Has to be a glitch. Mine still says delivery on 9/16. I bet it will change. If not, call Apple.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
I have been using Totallee cases for the past 3-4 cycles. Already ordered my 14 Pro case: frosted black.

And I can attest... I too have dropped my device, on the driveway, it hit the corner, and that thin little case did it's job - displacing the trauma around the device, cutting the case, but not a mark on my iPhone. As a bonus, their customer service is a refreshing breath of fresh air. Tops.

If you like thin cases, I can't recommend a company more. Have prob turned d~5 people onto Totallee.
I will have to check this out. I ordered a Moos case because itā€™s what I have on my 13 PM. Itā€™s not cheap or super thin but Iā€™ve dropped my 13 PM multiple times with no damage

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone been able to change their order from Postal Service (week shipping) to standard shipping (ups). Said I would have the phone on the 16th during checkout. Once checked out it said the 23rd by postal delivery Thanks in Advance!
Weird. I've never had an iPhone delivered via postal service. I wonder whether that's a mistake. Their systems are so overloaded between people ordering the phone, cases, watches.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.