Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Did anyone get to the Apple store at 5:00PST or 5:01????

My confirmation email says 5:01am, so I was in and finished by then. It took another minute or two for the store to come up for my husband, who was sitting right beside me, getting irritated. :). He ended up getting launch day too, so all's well that ends well.

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX
Yeahhhh. I'm not giving you the Deep Purple one... sorry! That's mine!
but you know how much I love purple!

sad-pikachu.gif

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Ordered at 5:04, delivery date is a week late. 512gb Purple. And delivery by Postal Service? What!? This launch was a disaster.. I opted for the new color because I took a risk. Guess it came with a consequence.. sigh.

It will come by UPS, not USPS.

Editing to add that it seems many are seeing the "Postal Service", which is weird and has never been a thing in prior pre-orders!

Last edited:

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Certainly did not happen to "anyone using the iPhone Upgrade Program", as it did not happen to me. I had everything saved from the pre-pre-order, and completed my preorder in two taps. I'm sorry that happened to you - did you get launch day?
I just had the 2 small things to verify and it was done. Overall seamless process
i did and ended up paying off two phones. i’m still feeling some type of way about it.
Always get a physical receipt when you return
I’m so sorry for your loss. My condolences to your family.
Hugs to you, @Laryl

Off Topic: As trippy as it is to hear King Charles, its even more trippy to hear Queen Camilla! Trying to explain to my kids that 20 years ago nobody would have believed you if you told them Camilla would one day be queen.

Reactions: wingennis and Laryl

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
9/23 Postal Service update:

I finally got Apple on the phone and she said the 'system is so overloaded' and all of the orders are still processing. She said she had never heard of postal service delivery and it's always been UPS or FedEx in the past. She said she nor I can make any changes to the order now, and that it will take hours (up to 24 hours) to allow changes to be made to the order. I suppose I'm going to keep stalking my order for an update and then consider changing to in store pickup if spots remain available at my local store.

It just doesn't add up since 9/16 delivery was still readily available for my 256GB Black Pro up to an hour after my order where I got 9/23 postal service. Either the 9/23 thing won't be true and it will come by 9/16 or Apple is introducing the postal service option and randomly assigning orders to it since a lot of you folks in here ordered immediately and got 9/23 postal service.

Something was weird. I couldn't even get delivery. I had to pick store pick up since delivery was oddly not available. It's not like I live out in the middle of nowhere here in Virginia 😆.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Has anyone been able to change their order from Postal Service (week shipping) to standard shipping (ups). Said I would have the phone on the 16th during checkout. Once checked out it said the 23rd by postal delivery Thanks in Advance!
I think some that got their orders in early but still got the 9/23 date...might see it change to 9/16 as these systems get caught up and logistics get sorted.....

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Has anyone been able to change their order from Postal Service (week shipping) to standard shipping (ups). Said I would have the phone on the 16th during checkout. Once checked out it said the 23rd by postal delivery Thanks in Advance!

I had the exact same happen to me. Hoping this changes in the system some time today. Really strange.

SML404

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Same here, I'm hoping that changes back to the 16th. Even after I placed the order, the website was still showing the 16th so I don't understand why mine changed to the 23rd.

Reactions: naturalstar

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Wow - I'm surprised you still can get a 256GB or 1TB Pro (not Max) in Deep Purple delivered on the 16th...but I guess the Max is more popular overall, anyway.

I finally decided to upgrade to the Max after all these years of thinking it was "too big." I think I'm ready now. (yeah that's what she said, lol)

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I'm tired of worrying about home deliveries getting stolen too.

I am having mine delivered to my work site and the office is behind a locked fence so the driver has to buzz in.
How can they be stolen if you have to sign for it? Unless you choose that they can leave it, which I agree is way too risky. I've sometimes taken the day off so I can be home to sign. We're in a very rural area and the nearest Apple store is an hour and a half from me, don't feel like making a 3-hour round trip into the city and Apple store madness.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I just called and got through in about 5 minutes. I also used the chat option via text, same wait time. You might try chat, it works pretty well.
For me it took several hours after my issue with order grabbing old card data from somewhere before I could get through and get my order off hold for payment issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.