Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Asiatic Black Hebrew

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2022
Ordered a 256GB Space Black for 9/16. The weird thing is that in-store pickup was an option for the phone, which I prefer, but wasn't an option for the Ultra watch. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense for in-store pickup not to be an option for one item due to "COVID protocol" but then is an option for the phone.

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
I think it's better to order through your carrier. Less people ordering, less problems. Year after year Apples website has issues, and year after year people still order there. Yes alot of people have a smooth process, but why take the chance you are one of the ones who do not?
I was on ATTs site at 7:55, and done by 8:01. Every year for the last five years. Got my phone on launch day every time.

Reactions: batristain
Apple is being dumb!

6B562AC0-29A2-415F-8EA1-82F75D311194.jpeg

Reactions: Brad7

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
So I spoke to a  rep. She told me that if you are seeing "Postal Service", it is possible it will come by USPS. She is checking to see if we can upgrade it to "Express".

OAN, here in the states, I do remember seeing on the news two days ago, that UPS "may" be embarking upon a strike so, this may be the reason,  has the "Postal Service" as an option.
Oh man, so if the strike happens, Postal Service will be the better option?? 🤯

You have a lot of free time at work!
There is a reason why I said this is my dream job. When you are not required to do much anymore and do what you are passionate about. It's no longer a job. It's no sleep and no work for me until my iPhone 14 Pro Max arrives. Unstoppable!

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
Servers are probably overloaded, all around the world.
It's so funny because I watched it disappear. I had the Apple Store app open on my iPad and all the tabs for orders and saved items disappeared and then it auto reloaded to "You have no recent orders".

So I spoke to a  rep. She told me that if you are seeing "Postal Service", it is possible it will come by USPS. She is checking to see if we can upgrade it to "Express".

OAN, here in the states, I do remember seeing on the news two days ago, that UPS "may" be embarking upon a strike so, this may be the reason,  has the "Postal Service" as an option.
The strike appears to be next year - contract expires in July '23. https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphi...strike-us-history-could-happen-next-year-ups/

ilifecomputer

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
CA
I wish it was actually Barney or Koolaid purple. It’s more like grape cough syrup mixed with murky water or the color of a dress shirt purposely muted so that you can wear a spunky purple tie with.

Team silver this year.

Reactions: Cyberguycpt

PieTunes

Contributor
May 6, 2016
San Diego, CA
Perhaps ones ZIP code is playing a part in how delivery is done in certain areas to ensure delivery on release day? Something with labor or logistic issues in certain markets, etc. Just a somewhat educated guess.

SML404

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Are you in the US? "Delivery by Postal Service" is very odd.....someone else said that but I was like, no, it will come from UPS...but now I'm wondering!
I'm in this boat too. I'm in the US (near a major city). Website still shows 16th for the model i chose (256 pro purple), but my confirmation email says 23rd and delivery by postal service. I thought about cancelling and reordering but my order "can't be changed at this time". Will give it some time and see what happens....

Reactions: Foobus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.