Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

dturner123

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I think it's better to order through your carrier. Less people ordering, less problems. Year after year Apples website has issues, and year after year people still order there. Yes alot of people have a smooth process, but why take the chance you are one of the ones who do not?
I was on ATTs site at 7:55, and done by 8:01. Every year for the last five years. Got my phone on launch day every time.
I actually choose Apple because Verizon adds 99 cents to the cost of the phone. Apple: $1099 vs. Verizon $1099.99 for the 256GB Pro. I know it's only 99 cents but still lol

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX

kuietstorm

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2015
Chicago, IL
So a thing just happened… just got off the phone with another  rep…he was able to change my shipping option to Expedited and it moved my delivery date from 9/23 to 9/16. So now, I am part of the 9/16 club. Once it ships, it will be updated to UPS.

This morning at 7:03a
BBCA57DF-89EA-42BE-95A4-1FA235FC4827.jpeg

**Updated 10:58a**
5C3108DA-32FB-4B0C-919B-55C19C55F203.jpeg

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
So I spoke to a  rep. She told me that if you are seeing "Postal Service", it is possible it will come by USPS. She is checking to see if we can upgrade it to "Express".

OAN, here in the states, I do remember seeing on the news two days ago, that UPS "may" be embarking upon a strike so, this may be the reason,  has the "Postal Service" as an option.

I've never seen an iPhone be delivered by USPS, that'd be a new one! I imagine that it's just a mistake though and it'll come UPS.

There is a potential UPS strike on the horizon but it won't be until spring or summer of next year, before their contract expires.

I just saw that you were able to join the 9/16, congrats!! The next few days will be fun, tracking the planes.

You know Apple only did purple bc of BTS. They know sales will 📈📈📈📈 bc of ARMY 😀

I thought BTS was Team Samsung. You always see them on commercials rocking Samsung phones. Bruhhhhhhh, Purple is mine and mine only. Sorry! You snooooze, you looooooose. Did you eat a donut yet?

I've never seen an iPhone be delivered by USPS, that'd be a new one! I imagine that it's just a mistake though and it'll come UPS.

There is a potential UPS strike on the horizon but it won't be until spring or summer of next year, before their contract expires.
Fingers are crossed it's the major fight carrier UPS.

So a thing just happened… just got off the phone with another  rep…he was able to change my shipping option to Expedited and it moved my delivery date from 9/23 to 9/16. So now, I am part of the 9/16 club. Once it ships, it will be updated to UPS.

This morning at 7:03a
View attachment 2055241

**Updated 10:58a**
View attachment 2055242
Congratulations! Woo hoo! Hopefully, it all goes well. Let's goooo!

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011
I've gone earlier than my time slot (or later) on the same day and it was not an issue. Not sure if you go a day earlier if that'll be a problem. Maybe try to call your local store on Thursday to check if you can come early?
I feel like it’s impossible to talk to someone at a local store anymore. It’s all call centers now. I remember trying to call Apple, Verizon, and Best Buy last year, just for a simple question about the local store launch event hours, yet every single one routed to a national call center. And every single one was useless.

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
I feel like it’s impossible to talk to someone at a local store anymore. It’s all call centers now. I remember trying to call Apple, Verizon, and Best Buy last year, just for a simple question about the local store launch event hours, yet every single one routed to a national call center. And every single one was useless.
For me, I get through to the actual apple store by calling that store's number and then asking the apple robot guy to speak to a manager. Works every time. You just have to shake your Karen wig at the robot.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
What’s up everyone! So excited for 48MP camera! Good to see the familiar peeps up in here. Looking forward to spending the next week with everyone! Cheers!
In the past 2 years, UPS has never had me sign anything.
They just drop it and go.
It's a pandemic thing - the driver does not want you to touch their scanner or pen.
They still don’t now for me. Even with wine deliveries!

ha ha I beat you got in right at opening, had order in less than 30 seconds and email minute past but of course I paid for that luck by having the payment limbo for 3 hours LOL
When it was 5:03AM PST. I was freaking out and totally scared. Hoping I get in. Finally, the Apple App store opened up just fine, and ordered 2 brand new iPhones. God is great!

sorgo †

Cancelled
Feb 16, 2016
Cancelled my order. Made the executive decision to stick with my trusty 13 mini and save a bit of cash. I did, however, place an order for AirPods Pro 2 (set to arrive 9/23) and a Watch Ultra (arriving the first week in October). :) Hope everyone enjoys their Dynamic Island babies.

Last edited:

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Hi. Longtime lurker in these threads... I had my preorder set up yesterday. This morning I woke up at 4:50 am, got into the store on the phone app at 5:01 am, ordered my purple 14 Pro 256 with in-store pickup on launch day. I waited until the email came through at 5:08 am, and went back to sleep.

This morning my order is in processing and shows as "standard delivery." I really don't want it delivered to my house. I'm much happier with store pickup.

Should I be worried?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.