Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
Apple support doesn't know a thing anyway - I asked about what happens if I don't return my wife's old phone on iUP (since only the 24th payment is left) and they were like "oh, you have to trade in a phone." Meanwhile, in the FAQs - it says if you don't return a phone, the payments will just continue on that phone and your new phone. When I showed them that, they were just like ohhh you're right lol

Reactions: CarolG

Kung

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2006
Where do you live? I’ve not known USPS to deliver Apple phones. I work for USPS and I haven’t seen an iPhone for delivery.

Depends on where one lives. I live in BFE Ozarks somewhere in Missouri, and often Fed Ex or UPS or whoever will give packages to the USPS to have them delivered that last mile. Have had previous iPhones delivered the same way.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I did NOT get good sleep last night. Anyone else? Thankful I was able to get 3 more hours of sleep after ordering.

Checked my Apple.com order to see if it was there, and all looks good!

View attachment 2055270
Me either! My kids and I are in 3 different time zones so I was sure I was going to mess my order time up! I woke up every hour/half hour all night long
Ever heard of a Keto Donut?
At that point, why bother
Maybe that is why people seeing "Postal Service" message.
dead! 🤣
Just lurking this thread as I do every year. How are you able to preorder or have preorder ready yesterday? Isn’t that only possible at 5AM today?
Preapproval for preorder this AM

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I think it's better to order through your carrier. Less people ordering, less problems. Year after year Apples website has issues, and year after year people still order there. Yes alot of people have a smooth process, but why take the chance you are one of the ones who do not?
I was on ATTs site at 7:55, and done by 8:01. Every year for the last five years. Got my phone on launch day every time.

Here’s the thing with that. I was a die-hard for ordering through Verizon. Check my history. The order process seems to go great! It’s afterwards when things go so far left from applying credits, Device Dollars, and proper billing. I would have left them by now if their coverage wasn’t the best. So the next best remedy was to pre-order through Apple and keep the Verizon cell service.

johnmarki

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2020
Ordered within 5 minutes of release, and got pushed to Late Sept Shipment.
I'm impatiently waiting! I'm so ready to pop that Magic Pill!!! 📱 🪄 💊

IMG_4241AC372029-1.jpeg

mousekiks

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
The rep I got could with me giving credit card info update my order app payment but make no other changes. That took it off hold and order is in process. What were you trying to update a card or some other order aspect???
Must've been the rep. I called in again and got a different rep who helped me out. Thanks so much for the advice and keeping us updated!

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
I did not pre-order, but I'm here in solidarity for those with you who did and are in pain, and those of you who are experiencing some type of joy. Congratulations.

For those that ordered within first few minutes but are seeing late September delivery dates, fear not... it's very possible your date will be pushed up. It's happened to me a few times before.

2SwiFt29

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2008
Been getting a new iPhone every year since the 3G up until the 11, I have yet to upgrade since. Was up at 5am (not liking that as I'm in California) this morning and man, my worse experience ever ordering. Kept running into loading issues on the store app. I switched to the browser and ordered on there instead with no issues. First time not getting it delivered since dates pushed back to end of September. However, I'll get to experience picking up the phone in person again since the first time I got an iPhone waiting in line. Can't wait till 9/16.

Catchmyvibeee

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
Got mine! Was literally in at 5 am and out by like 502 . And got first hour pick up slot. This my first time buying in full. Usually I finance . But T-Mobile website was not working. Now to sit back and wait till the 16th 🙄. And sorry to everyone who’s dates are pushed back. I’d be mad too 😖.

Attachments

• EECCA83C-2877-4A78-9C4F-43FBD472A6C0.jpeg
    EECCA83C-2877-4A78-9C4F-43FBD472A6C0.jpeg
    136.6 KB · Views: 48

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
Been getting a new iPhone every year since the 7+ up until the 11, I have yet to upgrade since. Was up at 5am (not liking that as I'm in California) this morning and man, my worse experience ever ordering. Kept running into loading issues on the store app. I switched to the browser and ordered on there instead with no issues. First time not getting it delivered since dates pushed back to end of September. However, I'll get to experience picking up the phone in person again since the first time I got an iPhone waiting in line. Can't wait till 9/16.
You are jumping from X to 14? That's a nice upgrade.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.