Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
When it was 5:03AM PST. I was freaking out and totally scared. Hoping I get in. Finally, the Apple App store opened up just fine, and ordered 2 brand new iPhones. God is great!
Yeah, well as you may remember last year it took me til 10 past even with refreshing and all and I was delayed by two weeks but ended up only a few days late in end. I have never gotten right in before so new experience. At least current card now is good for 4 years so I am good til through iphone 18 iUP LOL

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
I did NOT get good sleep last night. Anyone else? Thankful I was able to get 3 more hours of sleep after ordering.

Checked my Apple.com order to see if it was there, and all looks good!

Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 9.12.28 AM.png

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Hi. Longtime lurker in these threads... I had my preorder set up yesterday. This morning I woke up at 4:50 am, got into the store on the phone app at 5:01 am, ordered my purple 14 Pro 256 with in-store pickup on launch day. I waited until the email came through at 5:08 am, and went back to sleep.

This morning my order is in processing and shows as "standard delivery." I really don't want it delivered to my house. I'm much happier with store pickup.

Should I be worried?
This happened to other people in another thread. People like me pushed the button place order for in store pick up then in confirmation email it got changed to delivery.

So instead of the computer just picking the next available time slot, it slipped to delivery.

• Sad
Reactions: JBinPDX
Yeah, well as you may remember last year it took me til 10 past even with refreshing and all and I was delayed by two weeks but ended up only a few days late in end. I have never gotten right in before so new experience. At least current card now is good for 4 years so I am good til through iphone 18 iUP LOL
Atleast this year you won't be tracking your iPhone all by yourself. We will all be with you, together! It will be a journey.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Ordered at 5:04, delivery date is a week late. 512gb Purple. And delivery by Postal Service? What!? This launch was a disaster.. I opted for the new color because I took a risk. Guess it came with a consequence.. sigh.

Where do you live? Iā€™ve not known USPS to deliver Apple phones. I work for USPS and I havenā€™t seen an iPhone for delivery.

Reactions: svish and Brad7

rman0726

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I think it's better to order through your carrier. Less people ordering, less problems. Year after year Apples website has issues, and year after year people still order there. Yes alot of people have a smooth process, but why take the chance you are one of the ones who do not?
I was on ATTs site at 7:55, and done by 8:01. Every year for the last five years. Got my phone on launch day every time.
I prefer Apple because they are much more likely to take care of you in a prompt fashion than your carrier if something happens. If something happens to your phone during shipping, Apple will have stock to take care of you within a day. Their phone support will actually work with the store to get you taken care of. If something happens during shipping with AT&T, you will get absolutely no support in store. They will tell you that your order was online and that you have to call them up. And then after calling them up, you will just get run around between a bunch of support agents that have no clue how to help.

Plus I havenā€™t had a single issue for years. I pre-fill out the model I want and my information on Wednesday, open up the Apple store app at 8am, and within a minute or two, itā€™s up and I click two buttons to place my order. It literally could not be easier.

boxermansr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2011
El Paso, TX
Sometime in the past half hour or so I was charged (maybe?). I used my Apple Balance (had just under 2k from gift cards amassed all year) and my balance is now less the cost of the 128GB Pro Max and AppleCare (and taxes). šŸ˜†

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I can't complete my order because Apple isn't recognizing my T-Mobile account as active (no clue why). And I don't wan't to go through the T-Mobile site directly because they are asking for a $200 down payment... Might have to brave in store on launch day and hope for the best?

I understand the lower monthly device payments, but T-Mobile should give customers the option to make a down payment, if they want lower monthly payments. I couldnā€™t deal with their device payments, so I switched to Verizon and started paying outright with Apple. Best decision I ever made.

wateroperator1776

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Ohio
When you plan days in advance, have your pre-order ready, get into the store right on time and orderā€¦..and then notice a millisecond later that the shipping address is the house you just moved out ofā€¦.

I know I can update it hopefully at some point later today, but not letting me now.
Just lurking this thread as I do every year. How are you able to preorder or have preorder ready yesterday? Isnā€™t that only possible at 5AM today?

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.