Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

iSuzan

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2020
Germany
Hello from Germany! Maybe you are interested how things went here! :-D
Ordering online was a bumpy ride, but I managed to place an order with store pickup on the 17th. Deep Purple 512 GB.

I just looked at the German Apple store and atm ALL of the Pro Max models (every color, every size) switched already to 12th October delivery.
Nearly the same for the Pro models, only the 1 TB versions of Gold and Deep Purple are still available for launch day delivery.

Store pickups are still possible for some cities and sizes/colors on launch day.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
What about Grape Kool-Aid?

81Nlalat5JL._SY679_PIbundle-12,TopRight,0,0_SX414SY679SH20_.jpg
On tap at Cheba Hut
I saw this in the Frequently Asked Questions...just wanted to know, you can have two iUPs at the same time? My wife's 12 has one payment left - the 24th - and we want to pay it to keep for my daughter:

• If I upgrade to a new iPhone, what happens to my existing iPhone Upgrade Program monthly payments?​

For shipped orders, the monthly payments for your existing iPhone Upgrade Program will pause once your new iPhone ships. Once you send us your previous iPhone, and if it matches the trade-in criteria, we’ll close the associated loan. If you don’t send your iPhone within 14 days of receiving the Trade-in Kit, the remaining payments will resume — on top of the monthly payments on your new iPhone. For pickup orders, your existing monthly payments will pause once your new iPhone is set aside. If you don’t pick up your new iPhone within the check-in window, your order will be canceled and your monthly payments will resume.
each one is a separate loan. just start a new IUP

Hello from Germany! Maybe you are interested how things went here! :-D
Ordering online was a bumpy ride, but I managed to place an order with store pickup on the 17th. Deep Purple 512 GB.

I just looked at the German Apple store and atm ALL of the Pro Max models (every color, every size) switched already to 12th October delivery.
Nearly the same for the Pro models, only the 1 TB versions of Gold and Deep Purple are still available for launch day delivery.

Store pickups are still possible for some cities and sizes/colors on launch day.
Hello! Thank you for stopping by and giving us an update. Good stuff! 🇩🇪

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Just caught up with all the posts from 4:58AM - 5:05AMPST. Right before Apple Pre-orders opened. During that time, you guys are commenting here like it's nothing. Savage! My hands were too busy refreshing. Respect for ya'll for multitasking like a beast. How were you not scared not getting into the Apple Store? Mind-blowing!
Hahahaha, me too! I didn't dare jump on here until my order was completed

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Are you all able to see your orders under order status? I placed three orders (two iphones and aipods pro), but when I go to order status none of my orders are showing. I did receive the confirmation emails though.
Yes I see all my orders but their system is so overloaded, don't panic, just give it a little while and they should show up. I just spoke to a rep to cancel my 41mm Apple Watch 8 order so I could order the 45mm. She said people are upset because she can't see their orders yet so there is a delay.

Chele

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2003
Illinois
For those of you that did the iPhone 14 Pro Max in 256GB with Apple Upgrade Program, what was your first payment? On my original receipt, it said about $110 in tax and $58 for first month payment, bringing the total to $161.

But then when my payment had issues going through, the Apple associate said it only tried charging my card $88 for taxes and then $58 for the first month's payment.

He updated my payment info to a new card and it seems to have "cleared", but it is now showing initial tax $88 and first payment $58 for a total of $146.

Worried that I am going to get a email in a few hours saying that the payment isn't right again.

Their advice was to call Citizens One, but as soon as I get to someone, it hangs up.

:(
I notice that some websites overestimate the taxes before actually purchasing and then it evens out after the total goes through. I wonder if it's just that? Do you know what the percentage is for your tax rate? Then you could calculate it. I bet it's just that.

Reactions: MinimeJer05

MiddKid

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Two orders, 14P (256/Black/Vzn) for me and 14PM (256/Purple/Vzn) for my wife. Both said Sept 16 at checkout and both now have the dreaded Sept 23 "Postal Service." Postal Service is a disaster here (had a lost package last week) so I finally got through on chat. The agent first gave the "system is too busy to check" that others got but then I was surprised to see: "I understand your point of view here however the volume of pre-orders right now is really loading up the carriers that's why you suddenly have USPS right now." Surprised me to see this chat agent basically saying that it's possible it will ship USPS.

Really hope this is all a glitch and it will go back to UPS/FedEx...

Reactions: macbookguy

SisterBlue22

macrumors demi-goddess
Apr 29, 2015
Arizona
Once again, anyone using the iPhone Upgrade Program gets screwed on pre-orders by being forced off to a strange screen where you have to manually type in a bunch of information on payment details they already have which could have been done at pre-order, or let us use auto-fill, or allow us to use damn ApplePay!

all this added delay and complexity just to pay tax? And they don’t hold your place in line while doiing it?

Certainly did not happen to "anyone using the iPhone Upgrade Program", as it did not happen to me. I had everything saved from the pre-pre-order, and completed my preorder in two taps. I'm sorry that happened to you - did you get launch day?

Reactions: MinimeJer05

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
Does Apple use UPS or FedEx for IPhone deliveries. I’ve been doing in store pickup the past few years but this year my store wasn’t showing available time slots after 4 try’s so I gave up an ordered delivery.
Yes, either one. Lately my deliveries have been by UPS.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Unless you absolutely have to, I wouldn't mess with it.
I don’t.

I thought about it as soon as I posted, instead I’ll leave this order and grab something at the store if I see it come up and then cancel this order... I really needed this off day 😜

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
My order says “delivers sep 23rd by postal service” I’ve never seen that before and the other iPhone order says it’ll be on launch day with express shipping.

Anyone else have a “postal service” delivery instead of express? They’re going to the same address.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
On tap at Cheba Hut

each one is a separate loan. just start a new IUP
Thanks! So the 24th payment on the old phone will just come out as it's supposed to and then that'll be done, basically? That whole October release date when the 12 came out really messed up that payment schedule, lol

MinimeJer05

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2020
Minnesota
I notice that some websites overestimate the taxes before actually purchasing and then it evens out after the total goes through. I wonder if it's just that? Do you know what the percentage is for your tax rate? Then you could calculate it. I bet it's just that.
I might have to look that up! Thanks for the tip. I don't know off the top of my head what the Minnesota, US taxes are, but I am sure that is it.

Reactions: Chele

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
That could be the case but I don't see UPS doing things unless things have changed or Tension between UPS has caused this. I hope Apple just uses UPS strictly.
While I guess it's possible that they are actually using USPS or SurePost via UPSP - that wouldn't explain why apparently many orders done in the first couple minutes this morning, which were promised 9/16 delivery at the time of order, all got emails with 9/23 Postal Service delivery dates. Can't imagine Apple would sign a contract for launch day deliveries with whomever that had a built in week long delay and/or randomly allowing some percentage of pre-orders to be delayed a week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.