Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Yours said Standard Delivery right? You may still be with UPS.
Both of my orders are saying Standard Delivery. So hoping it is UPS. I donā€™t see apple using both carriers to ship the iPhone in the U.S. they will only use one shipment freight carrier because it's coming from China.

Attachments

• 679B8B55-2C6B-4E0D-854C-D580D6F92A7B.jpeg
    679B8B55-2C6B-4E0D-854C-D580D6F92A7B.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 802C4716-A4C6-41B7-AACE-D7E2E50626B4.jpeg
    802C4716-A4C6-41B7-AACE-D7E2E50626B4.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: Brad7 and Xoterin

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
It's great to finally say something in this thread!

I've been watching the megathreads here for a couple of (consecutive) years now and absolutely love the discussions that go on. They really bring extra life to this time period!

I've pre-ordered a Silver iPhone 14 Pro Max & AirPods Pro (2nd generation) at roughly 8:13AM (ET). Unfortunately, my iPhone delivery date had slipped to Sept. 28th - Oct. 3rd (past experiences suggest this may be moved closer by about 5 days or so in the coming week(s)). I've been getting 503 errors all day so far on each of my order listing pages due to the overload, which is fine, but I'm starting to grow more concerned about the status of my orders. Both my iPhone and AirPods (two separate orders) are still on "Order Placed" with the only change being the banner up top saying "Processing will begin shortly..." Other than that, nothing has happened. I've been seeing more and more people with Sept. 23rd (even a few 28th) dates saying they've been moved to the processing stage. I'm not overly concerned with the iPhone just yet, but since many people are saying that their APP orders are processing (same launch day delivery dates as well), I just wanted to ask around to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Of course, I have PTSD (SUPER long story) from the iPhone 12/12 Pro launch (and similar thing from last years iPhone 13/13 launch as well lol) which is driving my "lack of progress" concern with these orders.

Anyways, great to finally say something here for once!

EricExtreme

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
North Conway, New Hampshire
Purple is a way of life for me. I am happy to live in a state without sales tax (New Hampshire.) The 3% cash back on the Apple Card for paying both items in full ($45.84) isnā€™t shabby either. I will just pay off the card after the purchase posts. Both items delivering on the 16th.

Attachments

• 0688E246-EF80-4019-AEFF-FFD21E484FB8.jpeg
    0688E246-EF80-4019-AEFF-FFD21E484FB8.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Purple is a way of life for me. I am happy to live in a state without sales tax (New Hampshire.) The 3% cash back on the Apple Card for paying in full ($32.97) isnā€™t shabby either. I will just pay off the card after the purchase posts. Both items delivering on the 16th.
Dang! this is a nice combination. Congratulations!

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I posted this earlier but I know the thread moves fast. My chat agent confirmed that USPS is supposedly intentional...my previous post:

Two orders, 14P (256/Black/Vzn) for me and 14PM (256/Purple/Vzn) for my wife. Both said Sept 16 at checkout and both now have the dreaded Sept 23 "Postal Service." Postal Service is a disaster here (had a lost package last week) so I finally got through on chat. The agent first gave the "system is too busy to check" that others got but then I was surprised to see: "I understand your point of view here however the volume of pre-orders right now is really loading up the carriers that's why you suddenly have USPS right now." Surprised me to see this chat agent basically saying that it's possible it will ship USPS.

Yes - but f you are moving to including shipments via USPS due to carriers being "loaded up" why would you ship them all exactly one week later? No one has shown a Postal Service shipping for 9/16. All 9/23 no matter when it was ordered. Even on models that are still listed as shipping 9/16 on the website as of around noon...

I'm guessing it may in fact be indie band "The Postal Service" that is in fact delivering the phones, and the week delay is to allow the band members to get around the country....
1200px-PostalService_cover300dpi.jpg

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

I've been watching the megathreads here for a couple of (consecutive) years now and absolutely love the discussions that go on. They really bring extra life to this time period!

I've pre-ordered a Silver iPhone 14 Pro Max & AirPods Pro (2nd generation) at roughly 8:13AM (ET). Unfortunately, my iPhone delivery date had slipped to Sept. 28th - Oct. 3rd (past experiences suggest this may be moved closer by about 5 days or so in the coming week(s)). I've been getting 503 errors all day so far on each of my order listing pages due to the overload, which is fine, but I'm starting to grow more concerned about the status of my orders. Both my iPhone and AirPods (two separate orders) are still on "Order Placed" with the only change being the banner up top saying "Processing will begin shortly..." Other than that, nothing has happened. I've been seeing more and more people with Sept. 23rd (even a few 28th) dates saying they've been moved to the processing stage. I'm not overly concerned with the iPhone just yet, but since many people are saying that their APP orders are processing (same launch day delivery dates as well), I just wanted to ask around to see if anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

Of course, I have PTSD (SUPER long story) from the iPhone 12/12 Pro launch (and similar thing from last years iPhone 13/13 launch as well lol) which is driving my "lack of progress" concern with these orders.

Welcome, glad to have you on board! Yes that sounds similar to mine, order has been placed. I believe the store app is slowly rolling out changes. Hang in there!

techspin

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2014

You've got bigger problems if you got PTSD from ordering an iPhone lol. In all of those past orders, you got the phone eventually. No need to obsess over it, try to find something else to do.

Stlcheer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2010
Saint Louis, MO
So in the past Apple has quoted an estimated time for delivery and they have usually underpromised and over delivered.

Maybe Apple will use what phones are preordered to ramp up supply of the most in demand phones to get you a phone before the estimated date.
I hope so. And I hope it changes from postal delivery. Iā€™ve never seen that before.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Thank you for re-posting this. Dang! This is wild. There goes our tracking :( Also, some people confirmed its UPS and some are saying USPS. It seems like Apple themselves doesn't even know.
Exactly. I'm assuming this is just some glitchy behavior in the overloaded system, and the Apple Reps have no script yet to explain it. As we've seen at least 30-40 reports of this here in this forum, it has to be effecting many hundreds of orders, and Apple will have to at some time address it (even if that's just quietly updating the shipping info at some point). I highly doubt somewhere in Logistics they made the decision to assign a 7 day delay and use USPS for seemingly random orders in which you had no choice for the shipping at order time, and they "promised" 9/16 at the time of ordering.

IceCool

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2019
United States of America
You've got bigger problems if you got PTSD from ordering an iPhone lol. In all of those past orders, you got the phone eventually. No need to obsess over it, try to find something else to do.
I couldn't be any busier than I am now to be honest. Besides, of course I don't actually have PTSD from an order - just a joke lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.