Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
I'm still processing as well with day 1 delivery. It will all catch up. Last year there were a bunch of phones still awaiting export out of ZZ. A cargo flight (was it Kalitta?) magically popped up and hours later they all had SDF import scans stateside. They overnighted to the various hubs and were delivered on time release day.
I believe it was one of the empty charter flights that picked up batches of the iPhone. It was a very special flight just for the iPhones. The flight made it rounds of waves through China and Korea. I remember tracking it destination by destination.

Radeon962

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2020
Pre-ordered the Pro Max 128gb Purple and Series 8 watch for my mom to replace her 8+ and ended up with 3 orders as the Apple site was not confirming/completing the orders and I kept refreshing and going through the process again.

I had to wait until 2 of them went to Processing later in the day and then I was able to cancel two of them and keep the one that delivers on 9/16.

Should be a nice upgrade for her.

Decided to stick with my 12 Pro Max for another year as I don’t see a big enough jump and the 12 PM still serves my needs.

I used to upgrade every year just to upgrade but found that I really did not notice a significant change in user experience moving from iPhone to iPhone every year.

Guess I’m at the point where I got with building computers in that building a new PC every year became pointless as the marginal improvements/upgrades did not make a significant improvement in my user experience, other than going from mechanical hard drive to SSD a few years back.

I’m looking for something like HDD to SSD type of user experience upgrade that is noticeable in how I use something every day.

There’s always next year….

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31430570" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
I never got a new iPhone from Apple via FedEx. Trust this thread. UPS will be the sole carrier for us this year.

I’m confused on seeing Postal Service, because we don’t hold packages at the station unless a customer specify that they want their package held, held other wise we deliver them, even if it’s before the estimated date of delivery. That would mean if someone was lucky to have a iPhone coming through USPS, and it arrived at the delivery station on 9/15, that phone would be delivered that day, so that we don’t fail our scans for that day. That’s why I think Apple will use UPS and FedEx since they have to hold devices for delivery until the 16th.

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
While the flight tracking is definitely an exciting time, I am not gonna miss 2 years ago when I had to chase down my UPS guy who drove by my house and almost didn't deliver my phone after I'd waited all day.

Granted this was a pandemic release but even still...in-store pickup for me thank you.

Folks. It is almost 6:00 AM in China and workers may have started an early shift or coming in. It would be nice if we get assigned to a tracking number sometime later this evening! There is hope! Otherwise, It may be tomorrow.

1662760413797.png

ideal.dreams

macrumors 68020
Jul 19, 2010
256 GB SG 14 Pro Max…postal service shipment by 9/23. I SWEAR when I preordered this morning it said delivery 9/16.

Hoping this doesn’t end up being the case as I sat and refreshed the Apple Store app for 5 minutes after preorder opened before it would let me in and order. Confirmation email at xx:07 AM.

The delay getting to the store happens every year (presumably because I’m on the east coast?) but this is the first time the delay caused a no-launch-day delivery date. I’m guessing the chip shortages are playing a hand.

I’m confused on seeing Postal Service, because we don’t hold packages at the station unless a customer specify that they want their package held, held other wise we deliver them, even if it’s before the estimated date of delivery. That would mean if someone was lucky to have a iPhone coming through USPS, and it arrived at the delivery station on 9/15, that phone would be delivered that day, so that we don’t fail our scans for that day. That’s why I think Apple will use UPS and FedEx since they have to hold devices for delivery until the 16th.
Spoken by a hard USPS worker! A Master!

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I believe it was one of the empty charter flights that picked up batches of the iPhone. It was a very special flight just for the iPhones. The flight made it rounds of waves through China and Korea. I remember tracking it destination by destination.
LOL, but there were no scans inbound/outbound from ANC-those populated the next day after everyone split up in SDF. That was a stressful time. Thankfully, time zones work with us in this case!

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
Folks. It is almost 6:00 AM in China and workers may have started an early shift or coming in. It would be nice if we get assigned to a tracking number sometime later this evening! There is hope! Otherwise, It may be tomorrow.

View attachment 2055856
It would be the earliest for sure if we started seeing tracking numbers today. Don't we usually start seeing them Mondayish?

acblue94

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2011
New York, NY.
256 GB SG 14 Pro Max…postal service shipment by 9/23. I SWEAR when I preordered this morning it said delivery 9/16.

Hoping this doesn’t end up being the case as I sat and refreshed the Apple Store app for 5 minutes after preorder opened before it would let me in and order. Confirmation email at xx:07 AM.

The delay getting to the store happens every year (presumably because I’m on the east coast?) but this is the first time the delay caused a no-launch-day delivery date. I’m guessing the chip shortages are playing a hand.
You did. It was 9-16. Apple changed it on you. I believe it’s a glitch. Same thing happened to me.

LOL, but there were no scans inbound/outbound from ANC-those populated the next day after everyone split up in SDF. That was a stressful time. Thankfully, time zones work with us in this case!
It really was. I strongly believe it was a charter flight that is authorized to be hidden approved by the FAA. (Federal Aviation Administration).

• Wow
Reactions: Wolfs and Brad7

moyjoy

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2019
New York
I wish Apple would give tracking info for in store pick ups as well. I am pretty sure Apple Stores are also getting their shipment of phones from China as well. But I guess if people knew when apple stores are getting their shipments of phones it could lead to safety concerns or thefts I guess.
Plus it would be an extra effort for them just so we can play along in this thread lol!

It would be the earliest for sure if we started seeing tracking numbers today. Don't we usually start seeing them Mondayish?
Most likely yes. Sunday is a holiday in China. So, no movement. So It will be Sunday evening (USA, PST) when progress will start to be made.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Congrats! I don't understand.. I ordered at 8:08. Woke up an hour early after sleeping 2 hours cause I work nights. Refreshed the sites all morning and the apps. Didn't get through till 8:06 and I have a 9/23 delivery. I don't understand the logic here or what Apple is doing.

Thanks. I don’t get it either. This is the 2nd time I’ve preordered and didn’t get in until after 10 minutes and got a launch day delivery date.

I wish Apple would give tracking info for in store pick ups as well. I am pretty sure Apple Stores are also getting their shipment of phones from China as well. But I guess if people knew when apple stores are getting their shipments of phones it could lead to safety concerns or thefts I guess.
Apple will never allow that. You mentioned it. Safety concerns. This is an agreement between Apple Retail Store and Apple Corporate. The consumer is not involved until Apple Retail Store gets it and signs the waiver away. Once the pallets of iPhone/orders are released to Apple Retail Store they are responsible for it. Thus, they start to contact the consumers. There is alot of liability and process involved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.