Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
UPS will hold them in World Port (Louisville) until night before release day.
I am also fascinated at how UPS can keep these incredibly expensive and incredibly hyped devices secret and secured in their World Port location.... isn't there a chance that a bad actor at the company who knows the location of these devices just goes in and steals a bunch and no one knows about it?

• Wow
Reactions: max2 and Brad7

TomH TX

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2010
I am happy for those of you who have gone to PTS. This whole thing has been a total **** show for me. "Got ready" yesterday. Had iPad, iPhone and MBP all loaded and on the page at 6:55am Texas time. Reloaded pages. Could NOT get in on any device until iPhone loaded at 7:07. My 14PM SG went right through at 7:08. However, the purple 14 for my wife, also pre-loaded, had multiple errors during the process. Took hours to get my emails. 14PM is showing delivery of 9/28 - 10/3, even 7 minutes after open. Wife's 14 is showing 9/16. Both still "processing". NO PTS. VERY frustrating. I do not dare to call Apple to ask for expedited shipping on mine. I am hoping that maybe it will get bumped up.

I am also fascinated at how UPS can keep these incredibly expensive and incredibly hyped devices secret and secured in their World Port location.... isn't there a chance that a bad actor at the company who knows the location of these devices just goes in and steals a bunch and no one knows about it?
I'm sure everyone/everything is being tracked and watched. No errors for mistakes or messing it up. It's a $3 trillion dollar company you are dealing with. They have eyes everywhere.

Last edited:

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I'm sure some are tempted to. But then they remember Apple will come after them and their family.

EW406

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2017
Montana
Updated to preparing to ship…. But now it just says “Arrives…” 😂
1CFFA585-F558-4A51-B549-6820DDFDA6A3.jpeg

I'm sure some are tempted to. But then they remember Apple will come after them and their family.
Apple can take legal action lawsuit. It's not even worth it. What attorney you are going to hire to fight against Apple? Guys Remember Kang! He got hit with Apple's legal notice. The dude just disappeared. Apple does not play.

JFK1979

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2014
Denver, CO
Has anyone been able to use the UPS Track by Reference without getting an error? No matter what dates I enter, even if I pick them from the calendar, it tells me it's not a valid date range.
You are getting an error cause there is no tracking numbers it the range of dates you use. Meaning its too early for tracking numbers for the phones

Reactions: Brad7
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.