Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

swandy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2012
Anyone (Ha Ha) order a non-Pro model here? I ordered the 14 Plus Black 128GB and it says pickup at Apple Store 10/7 (which I believe is the original announced launch date for the 14 Plus models). Just curious - thanks.

Reactions: Brad7

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Yeah my iPhone 14 pro max 256gb deep purple is coming via usps from apple it’s financed through T-Mobile I am trading in my 13 pro max but my estimated delivery date is October 10th / 17th it is what is but happy the taxes were only around $42 as opposed to going through T-Mobile app which the taxes were $99 plus and apple gave instant credit to be determined by the condition of my 13 pro max which is in great shape where as T-Mobile does the bill credit over 24 months so I will only owe like $479 after my phone trade in is processed not bad sorry for rambling on have a blessed day
Jesus, dude. Take a breath.

GlennieM

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Wodonga, Victoria, Australia
I’ve told people for years the best way to secure the next generation iPhone at launch is to use the app on the iPhone. I preordered everything yesterday and ordered today right at 7:00am CST with a confirmation email received at the same time. Scheduled delivery 9/16.

It works every year.
I feel that it depends upon where you are in the world. I used iPad Air here in Australia and I couldn’t get on until about 5 minutes after opening at 10pm Friday (we are ahead of the USA) And then going through the order process a “cannot process at this time, please check back later” message came up. I had to then cancel the order process which quite often came up with the same message when trying to cancel. I finally got through the order 50 minutes after starting. I had a shower and went to bed just before midnight feeling absolutely wrung out.On checking for a confirmation email this morning I found out that I had somehow managed to order 2 identical phones (iPhone 14 Pro 512GB purple). I managed to cancel the second order. As a matter of interest (or not) when I was first able to get on the delivery was for the 16th, by the time I finally completed the order the delivery was 26th -28th September. The confirmation email for the inadvertently ordered 2nd iPhone which came 2 minutes after the first was listed the order numbers as 5,110,876 numbers apart so I think that means that they were getting more than 5 million orders a minute. Whew! Perhaps that explains the congestion.

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
I’ve told people for years the best way to secure the next generation iPhone at launch is to use the app on the iPhone. I preordered everything yesterday and ordered today right at 7:00am CST with a confirmation email received at the same time. Scheduled delivery 9/16.

It works every year.

The app was still telling me "just a few more finishing touches" at 8:30 am Eastern time after multiple quits and re-launches.

Aw man. I’m crying right now. Both of my iPhones moved to PFS. Let’s go!!!!

Happy and safe travels everyone. Get your passports ready!!!

13F0F9B0-1F7D-486E-8266-A61E1075EFA0.jpeg
CEEAC492-153A-4CE2-828A-DE3A97DA0E83.jpeg

Last edited:

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
FYI, in case you haven't already, you might want to sign up for UPS My Choice. It's free and allows you to see the tracking all the way from China to your doorstep. I boosted my My Choice to the paid version. Gives me more options.

I don’t know if they’re still doing this, but for the 12 Pro Max, UPS told me they couldn’t honor the 2 hour window, because it was iPhone launch day. That’s when I switched to have my phone held at hub and picked it up then.

I don't live far from my local apple store but it was a complete mess with the iPhone 11 pro max launch that soured me a bit. I was going for delivery this time but it didn't give me the option this morning.
It should have. You have to click into the top bar and it will tell you if you want a pickup option or delivery. It took me a few seconds to figure it out when I was placing an order for the 2nd iPhone.

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
Have we figured out what the “postal service” thing is all about yet? Is apple REALLY using USPS to deliver iPhones now??

I don’t know if they’re still doing this, but for the 12 Pro Max, UPS told me they couldn’t honor the 2 hour window, because it was iPhone launch day. That’s when I switched to have my phone held at hub and picked it up then.
It's not UPS's fault. It's Apple. They are very strict about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.