Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I am happy I got a pre-order but I wanted to join in the tracking craziness lol. For some reason, delivery was saying unavailable for me on the app but in-store pick-up was open. Was I the only one this happened to? I mean I don't mind going to my local apple store next Friday to pick it up, but delivery would have been better.

patrickpiteo

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
This is weird … preparing to ship now with 9/23 by Postal Service

Arrives Sep 23​

1. Order PlacedCompleted
  2. ProcessingCompleted
  3. Preparing to ShipIn Progress
  4. ShippedIncomplete
  5. DeliveredIncomplete

Reactions: Brad7

Deacon-Blues

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
California
Mine is saying preparing to ship. But I'm not expecting it before September 16th. So I guess they are going to strap it on the back of a turtle and give it a push in the right direction. Or it will be held in a storage location? I dunno, as I recall these have usually been shipped 2-day air from China.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Depends on where one lives. I live in BFE Ozarks somewhere in Missouri, and often Fed Ex or UPS or whoever will give packages to the USPS to have them delivered that last mile. Have had previous iPhones delivered the same way.

I live 20 minutes from USPS headquarters so in the city. We do get a lot UPS Sure Post packages everyday.

Titus

macrumors regular
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't have any trouble except for the 10 minute wait for the store to open online. I paid for expedited delivery and my Apple card was charged instantly (I bought one other item.). Then I got the confirmation email that said DELIVERY BETWEEN OCTOBER 3 and 10. I can wait but I have a trade and the letter doesn't mention the trade. If a trade box doesn't arrive I'll have to call Apple.

Something to look forward to. Last time it arrived two weeks before the date. We shall see.

Reactions: Brad7
I am happy I got a pre-order but I wanted to join in the tracking craziness lol. For some reason, delivery was saying unavailable for me on the app but in-store pick-up was open. Was I the only one this happened to? I mean I don't mind going to my local apple store next Friday to pick it up, but I am also about convenience and delivery would have been better.
Didn't you preferred In-store pickup yesterday instead of delivery?

Reactions: beach bum

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Mine is saying preparing to ship. But I'm not expecting it before September 16th. So I guess they are going to strap it on the back of a turtle and give it a push in the right direction. Or it will be held in a storage location? I dunno, as I recall these have usually been shipped 2-day air from China.
Yeah thats the usual pattern

Reactions: hungryteresa

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
I am happy I got a pre-order but I wanted to join in the tracking craziness lol. For some reason, delivery was saying unavailable for me on the app but in-store pick-up was open. Was I the only one this happened to? I mean I don't mind going to my local apple store next Friday to pick it up, but delivery would have been better 😆.
Wow, so far folks had in-store disabled and only delivery available, you're the first one I'm hearing of the opposite!

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Here’s the thing with that. I was a die-hard for ordering through Verizon. Check my history. The order process seems to go great! It’s afterwards when things go so far left from applying credits, Device Dollars, and proper billing. I would have left them by now if their coverage wasn’t the best. So the next best remedy was to pre-order through Apple and keep the Verizon cell service.

You did exactly what I do. Their service is top notch in my area, but preordering is horrendous sometimes. Ordering through Apple is easier and the customer service is better.

Maverick83

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Missed the boat this time on pre-orders deliveries were showing late sep now Oct. Local store pick up in 50mi radius was Sep 16 but became unavailable in an hour this morning.... Would it really take a month to get more stock in local store or apples website? Any past experiences with ordering after pre-order ?
I don't want to wait a month to get my hands on it lol

dmacrye

macrumors regular
Nov 20, 2016
Los Angeles
UPS will hold them in World Port (Louisville) until night before release day.

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I am happy I got a pre-order but I wanted to join in the tracking craziness lol. For some reason, delivery was saying unavailable for me on the app but in-store pick-up was open. Was I the only one this happened to? I mean I don't mind going to my local apple store next Friday to pick it up, but delivery would have been better.

Wow, so far folks had in-store disabled and only delivery available, you're the first one I'm hearing of the opposite!

Yeah it was when the app had just launched this morning. It was like everyone beat me to do delivery in my area ( Virginia). It was very strange and it's weird I am the only one this happened too.

Reactions: beach bum and Brad7

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
Also joining PTS Club - exciting!
fcec1c2cc3ce135a38c491b6d4aedf0a.jpg

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Nope, the direct opposite for me. I wanted to do an ISPU, but it is being delivered instead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.