Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Took me FOREVER to find this thread this year! I was wondering where the hell it was. šŸ˜‚

FTR, I ordered a 1TB PM in silver and am showing preparing to ship already. This is way faster than Iā€™ve ever seen movement before (and I track like a fiend every year. Lol). Itā€™s usually not til after the weekend that statuses start to shift. Yay! This is awesome!
Hahaha! Really? Welcome! It's on the front headline. When did you start looking for it?

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Great points!

It also depends on the area. I have never gotten a brand-new iPhone from FedEx within the last 14 years. Only the refurbished or replacement models. UPS has always been the main go-to. FedEx is only used for returns or sending the damaged iPhone back.

I still strongly believe our iPhones will come from UPS like every year. Makes no sense, Apple would be delivering the phones via postal service by using the post office. Time will tell. My money is on UPS, all the way, LOL.
Same. Its really interesting how it all parses out. New phones, iPads come to me via UPS. Returns of the same/trade ins go back via FedEx. Everything watch for me has been FedEx.

Bizarre update: I saw that the 1TB Purple Pro is still showing the 16th for delivery so at the advice of the Apple Support guy, I cancelled the order I made this morning that said it would deliver on the 23rd and re-ordered. At checkout, it told me 9/16 and then once I checked out it said 9/23 via Postal Service once again.
I'm not sure what's going on here
I don't think they know at this point. Once cargo starts moving they, and we will have clarity

So question for everyone:

Iā€™m a little nervous on this.

I legally change my last name in May of 2021. I had updated everything and noticed that on my preorder for ISPU this morning that it is billing to my old last name. (Same card, same address, etc.) I thought ā€œno big deal, it worked last year just fineā€ which was after my name change in May of 2021. However, when I pulled that order, the iPhone 13 preorder had my new, correct last name on the ā€œBills To:ā€ portion.

Iā€™m not worried about the ISPU contact being my old last name because I still have my ID that matches. However, I am concerned when they try to bill my Apple Card for the preorder that it will fail. Again, same first name, address and card number but the last name is different now. (But was the original last name on the Apple Card, fwiw)

Anyway, I tried chatting with Apple but thatā€™s shut down due to traffic so I tried to call but Iā€™m at work and itā€™s a 40 min hold.

Thoughts? Am I in trouble or will my preorder go thru since everything else is the same?
I think you should be fine-I had to delete half of the name on my card as today they didn't like the hyphen. The important thing is its your card, and tied to your SSN in some way
Just wanted to let everyone know that tapping your iPhone order screen and saying move green bar move does not help the green bar move. ;)
I'm not in a rush for mine to start moving. Last year I was one of the first to move, then I spent a week quarantined in ZZ!

Shh

Suspended
Jul 28, 2022
Scorched Earth, Arizona
WOO my 14 Pro is in PTS too! I thought only the Maxes were changing status. View attachment 2055788
iu

Maverick83

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2016
Missed the boat this time on pre-orders deliveries were showing late sep now Oct. Local store pick up in 50mi radius was Sep 16 but became unavailable in an hour this morning.... Would it really take a month to get more stock in local store or apples website? Any past experiences with ordering after pre-order ?

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami
I don't have one yet. I did notice that Apple says that my phone is Preparing to Ship though! I would still like to get the email from Citizens One though.
I spoke to Citizens today about that and he gave me my loan number so they are processing the loans just delayed on the emails.

Reactions: beach bum and Chele

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31429198" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
@StaceyMJ86 Maybe you can educate us about this Postal Service controversy. What is this?

This is something new, which Iā€™ve never seen. We donā€™t deliver Apple products so I donā€™t know whatā€™s going on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.