Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
I am preparing to ship!!! Who else??

Attachments

• 5EB17A59-8ABD-4949-B48D-850E3541F6E0.jpeg
    5EB17A59-8ABD-4949-B48D-850E3541F6E0.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 57

Tecban

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2015
Man wtf. When I did the Pre-Approval yesterday it was on the same American Express I have always used for iUP. Then I just checked my invoice from earlier this morning and it was on my Visa card. WTF. Now I'm going to have to return my phone and re-purchase at an Apple Store or some sh**.
They did this to me too - changed the Apple Card on my prepped IUP pre-order to an expired Visa on file? I could barely complete the order.

Eventually that card failed and I had to call Support to get a new card added since the website was overloaded. After a 15 minute wait, the agent connected and changed the card back, and it was charged right away.

Very stressful and I’ll believe it worked when I see it, but it says my purple 14 Pro Max 512 will come Sept 16 and is already being prepped for shipment!

Reactions: julit0

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Something was weird. I couldn't even get delivery. I had to pick store pick up since delivery was oddly not available. It's not like I live out in the middle of nowhere here in Virginia .

I was trying to do in store pick up at the Clarendon location, but I was paranoid with the time since I didn’t get until 8:11am, so I settled on delivery. The same thing happened with the 12 series also. I never get in before 10 minutes.

Does anyone know what warehouse or location provider phones come from ?

China too ?
Last year, We were able to track the Foxconn warehouse in Zhengzhou, China. Mine came from a district name Chengdu. Here is the factory information. Possibly it may come from the same warehouse. Once you receive your UPS Tracking number It will tell you which iPhone assembly plant is coming from exactly.

1740FD4F-588C-4DED-8429-CA7057DDA42F.jpeg

Last edited:

Kk0812

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2022
which models haven’t moved to preparing to ship? are there certain ones that have moved and ones that haven’t?

Reactions: Brad7

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Man wtf. When I did the Pre-Approval yesterday it was on the same American Express I have always used for iUP. Then I just checked my invoice from earlier this morning and it was on my Visa card. WTF. Now I'm going to have to return my phone and re-purchase at an Apple Store or some sh**.

You will be able to change the card used for the payments once you get the loan information from CitizensBank.

Had to put the loan initially on another card last year due to issues with the Apple Card last year. Once I got my loan info, signed in and changed it to the Apple Card.

Reactions: beach bum
Last year, We were able to track the Foxconn warehouse in Zhengzhou, China. Here is the factory information. Possibly it may come from the same warehouse. Once you receive your UPS Tracking number It will tell you which iPhone assembly plant is coming from exactly.

View attachment 2055758
Following up with this post. Here is the map location of the warehouse. Your iPhone may come from this warehouse or around it since there are many semi conductors around it. You will have more info when you get your UPS tracking number. It will tell you what location its coming from.

1662756053424.png

1662756072167.png

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The past few cycles, all iPhone shipments have been managed by UPS. But I'm almost certain Apple tapped FedEx for iPhone shipments in the past. Maybe even that '07 version that started all of this madness. I also want say there was a time when Apple leveraged both UPS and FedEx for iPhone shipments to "meet demand" as I recall some pretty intense debate about which carrier was better. This weird, pro-UPS v Pro-FedEx alliances formed and each side claimed their iPhones were better because of the carrier assignment - which was entertaining.

That said, I could be confabulating the details above. What I'm most certain about is that FedEx has shipped me at least one iPhone in the past. I could be wrong. 🤪
I remember one year my iPhone was shipped via FedEx. It was my iPhone X. I ordered it after the launch date and it shipped via FedEx:
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 4.35.58 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.