Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
I got this one too but after seeing the video I realized that’s it’s more like a blue right? I thought it was purple like the phone 🤦🏻‍♀️
On black mouse pad looks inky black/blue under light.

3C6EE38F-4C31-4D81-85A1-BEF0BD72E5E6.jpeg

absolutazn87

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2007
San Francisco
I guess trying to change it will result in being punished and being put back in line. Haha

Did you happen to select your time at the Apple Store very early AM? Perhaps this is what caused it to change to home delivery instead.
Yep, I tried to pick 8am right after the store opened and then my Apple Pay wouldn't process for a few tries. When it finally went through, it auto-switched to delivery.

jenjen80

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2016
Columbus, OH
This was theeeee absolute most difficult pre-ordering experience I’ve had…and I upgrade every year. The TL;DR is that I still managed to get what I wanted, a Dark Purple 128gb 14 Pro with release day pickup. The too long version is that it took forever, and I currently have 2 orders for it. I did the pre-pre order through the app so I could speed through my worst-case scenario order if needed, and it turns out I did. I had 1) military discount, which you can’t get through the app (nor can you use it with Apple Card financing, but I’ll come back to that), and 2) a $354 Apple Account balance that I wanted to use. Well, my first attempts were through the website, which I couldn’t even access until ~8:15EST. While waiting for that, I tried several times to complete the “Get Ready” I’d done through the app. Kept getting to payment and it failed authorization…for all 3 methods I attempted. One I could understand (my Discover tends to err on the side of caution and send a text asking if I attempted a transaction), but the other 2 should have had no problems. One was my Apple Card that has a zero balance (but is still active)! Apple Pay wouldn’t work. Credit cards wouldn’t work. When I finally got in through the app…same thing. Finally about 8:50 I was able to get it through in the app; not ideal as it was the monthly financing which I didn’t want to do because I couldn’t get the $100 mil disc nor use my Apple Account balance. But I’d rather do that than nothing. Even after placing that order, I tried several more times to place an order through the military storefront and that FINALLY went through about 10:50. And still for Sept 16 pickup. That was my ideal situation as I was able to get the $899 price and use my $354 balance. The other piece is that we will be traveling; we check out of our hotel in Orlando that day to head to TN. The earliest I was able to get for pickup by that point was 2:45pm but I did order a watch yesterday with an 11:00 time slot so hopefully they’ll take pity on me and give me both then or my husband is gonna be PISSED that we’re not at least 3 hours down the road by then 😂

LasersGoPewPew

macrumors 604
Sep 12, 2014
PDX

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
Looks black to me!

I ordered both ink and midnight and put them side by side in sunlight. Ink is definitely a very dark purple (blue?), compared to midnight, which looks black (though technically, it's blue-black, but I don't really see the blue too much).

But without the side-by-side, you would think ink was black. It's only next to each other can you see how the shades are definitely different, with midnight being very black. Ink looks like a deep purple/off-black, depending on your eyes.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Indeed. I used that same pro code. The case I ordered this morning has already shipped from South Pasadena, estimated to arrive 3-6 business days.
I'd be surprised if you did't like the case, but everyone has their own style/needs/etc. Should you wish to return, I can attest their Customer Service is incredible. It has definitely contributed to why I have had their cases on my iPhones the past 3-4 cycles. Anyway I'll be curious to hear what you think.

What config did you pre-order this morning?

512GB Pro Max in Deep Purple. Hopefully I like them better this go around.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I ordered both ink and midnight and put them side by side in sunlight. Ink is definitely a very dark purple, compared to midnight, which looks black (though technically, it's blue-black, but I don't really see the blue too much).

But without the side-by-side, you would think ink was black. It's only next to each other can you see how the shades are definitely different, with midnight being very black. Ink looks like a deep purple/off-black, depending on your eyes.
Like Sharpie ink-purple undertones

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
I ordered both ink and midnight and put them side by side in sunlight. Ink is definitely a very dark purple, compared to midnight, which looks black (though technically, it's blue-black, but I don't really see the blue too much).

I think I am more confused from how you just described it!! 🤣

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
Mine shows USPS. I was promised a 9-16 delivery date. Then the confirmation email came and it showed 9-23 by USPS. Checked right now and it says "preparing for shipment".

Heard this is a glitch with the delivery date changing.
All of us with the same story, and Postal Service 9/23 sure hope that is the truth....

PixelDestructor

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2016
All of us with the same story, and Postal Service 9/23 sure hope that is the truth....
I posted earlier but I had the same thing happen and contacted Apple Support. The model I wanted was (and is) still in tock for the 16th so they told me I should just cancel and re-order. I did, and for the second time it showed me 9/16 at checkout and then 9/23 afterwards so something weird is going on with the orders. I'm getting the 1TB so there's plenty of availability even in-store but it keeps pushing the shipping date back when I order for delivery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.