Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

maxrest

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2021
I ordered both ink and midnight and put them side by side in sunlight. Ink is definitely a very dark purple (blue?), compared to midnight, which looks black (though technically, it's blue-black, but I don't really see the blue too much).

But without the side-by-side, you would think ink was black. It's only next to each other can you see how the shades are definitely different, with midnight being very black. Ink looks like a deep purple/off-black, depending on your eyes.
So Ink isn't blue?? Haha this seems like something I really need to see IRL bc all of the past descriptions I heard are that it looks navy blue.

Reactions: Wolfs

oldsos

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2011
I ordered a case and it doesn't have the mag safe outline but the description says it can be wirelessly charged with the case on.... does it need the mag safe outline or am I good to go? Thanks
If it's an apple leather case, the outline is on the inside. I would assume the silicone one is the same. Both apple cases are MagSafe ready and you would be good to go.

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Reactions: julit0 and Brad7
I selected store pick up. Usually I do shipping but with the constant errors this morning, the ship date extended.
Yeah, the hick-ups with the pre-order were dumb. I had a feeling that was expected but I just didn’t want to jinx it. Even I got nervous and scared this time. I was really sweating at 5AM.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Some say Ink lookish blue-ish, while some (like me) say its closer to purple.

I wish Apple would just name the colors straight away. Ink? Succulent? Just call it &^%$ing light green. Stop making us guess.
Yea seriously. Like when I hear the word ink I think of a pen black/dark blue but this is Apple we are taking about and their naming conventions. I just put an order in and will see when I get it. Worst case I’ll just return it.

I’m moving back to annual upgrades from here on out. I missed this excitement last year.
Man, I tried to convince you for weeks and days but you didn't listen to me lol. I told you, you were missing out. Start early and start saying for the iPhone 15 now. Annual upgrades are the best. I don't care what anyone says. No, it's not a waste of time. Life is too short.

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
Yeah, the hick-ups with the pre-order were dumb. I had a feeling that was expected but I just didn’t want to jinx it. Even I got nervous and scared this time. I was really sweating at 5AM.
Oh I didn’t know you had an ordering issue. Did you get 9/16 delivery?

Oh I didn’t know you had an ordering issue. Did you get 9/16 delivery?
I didn't but the website did not load for me until 5:03 AM PST, by that time I almost had a heart attack. Everything worked out fine tho. It was just total madness. Last night I just had a feeling it was going to be a nightmare. But long story short no real issues for me. Both iPhones promised launched day. 🔥

Attachments

• 9A5A4381-86C3-4EF6-8393-FF89BA310C61.jpeg
    9A5A4381-86C3-4EF6-8393-FF89BA310C61.jpeg
    484.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 23E3CC11-F562-4EAD-BC88-7444EC761DDB.jpeg
    23E3CC11-F562-4EAD-BC88-7444EC761DDB.jpeg
    488.1 KB · Views: 67

azentropy

macrumors 601
Jul 19, 2002
Surprise
I ordered a Blue iPhone 14 128GB (unlocked no carrier) this AM. Delivery 9/16.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up not liking the bigger form factor and returning it in favor of a 13 mini (or just keeping my 12 mini). I at least wanted to give it a longer tryout. I last purchased a larger iPhone back when the XS was released and really did not like it and returned to my 7 at the time.

I probably would have kept it even if I didn't like it and give it to my mom, but confirmed the carrier/plan she has isn't supporting eSim.

Reactions: Brad7
Same. Feels like the earliest preparing to ship I can recall. I could be misremembering.
It could be because of the Holiday coming up for Harvest Moon. There's an extra day off. So maybe Apple is pushing it through. The logistic team in China has all of this planned out. They go by it accordingly.

I know it will...I was trying to figure out if anyone who shows "Postal Service" shows their iPhone in Informed Delivery.
I don’t think it’s going to show up that early tho. That postal service is a joke and Apple is playing with us hard with that. Why is there have to be some sort of controversies? Even when you call Apple they also don’t know. How can that be? Such a dang mystery.

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
You did. It was 9-16. Apple changed it on you. I believe it’s a glitch. Same thing happened to me.
And several hundred others of us. Even folks that checked out at X:02 am, and both were told 9/16 and certainly should have been in the 9/16. Waiting patiently for the tracking info, which should clear this up....

This was theeeee absolute most difficult pre-ordering experience I’ve had…and I upgrade every year. The TL;DR is that I still managed to get what I wanted, a Dark Purple 128gb 14 Pro with release day pickup. The too long version is that it took forever, and I currently have 2 orders for it. I did the pre-pre order through the app so I could speed through my worst-case scenario order if needed, and it turns out I did. I had 1) military discount, which you can’t get through the app (nor can you use it with Apple Card financing, but I’ll come back to that), and 2) a $354 Apple Account balance that I wanted to use. Well, my first attempts were through the website, which I couldn’t even access until ~8:15EST. While waiting for that, I tried several times to complete the “Get Ready” I’d done through the app. Kept getting to payment and it failed authorization…for all 3 methods I attempted. One I could understand (my Discover tends to err on the side of caution and send a text asking if I attempted a transaction), but the other 2 should have had no problems. One was my Apple Card that has a zero balance (but is still active)! Apple Pay wouldn’t work. Credit cards wouldn’t work. When I finally got in through the app…same thing. Finally about 8:50 I was able to get it through in the app; not ideal as it was the monthly financing which I didn’t want to do because I couldn’t get the $100 mil disc nor use my Apple Account balance. But I’d rather do that than nothing. Even after placing that order, I tried several more times to place an order through the military storefront and that FINALLY went through about 10:50. And still for Sept 16 pickup. That was my ideal situation as I was able to get the $899 price and use my $354 balance. The other piece is that we will be traveling; we check out of our hotel in Orlando that day to head to TN. The earliest I was able to get for pickup by that point was 2:45pm but I did order a watch yesterday with an 11:00 time slot so hopefully they’ll take pity on me and give me both then or my husband is gonna be PISSED that we’re not at least 3 hours down the road by then 😂
Dang! This is a wild story. Hopefully, it all works out for you. The struggle was extra real for you. Sheeeesh! I got goose bumps reading your story.

twinpeaks_sf

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2015
Lamorinda, CA, USA
Have you received the email from citizens one yet? Last year, mine came just a couple hours after ordering. But I don't have anything yet, and my card hasn't been charged :/
For me, the citizens one email comes a couple of days before delivery. Not to make you feel bad, but I have now moved to “preparing for shipment”. Some folks get that quickly, others much later. But I hope it gives you some confidence that these things tend to work out. 🤞

Reactions: DianaMR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.