Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

kozz

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2011
I had pre-pre orders for 2 one fire each line my wifeā€™s 512 purple was available for in store my 512 black only shipping 28Sep to 03Oct. Since it probably wonā€™t charge before the 16th going to just get up and try to order for in store pickup same dayā€¦hoping they put out a notice like the years beforeā€¦

It was actually my hubbyā€™s phone that got hung up in processing. Mine made it for launch day delivery thankfully. I would have freaked out. He took it fine however.
Ahhhh! Thatā€™s good so your iPhone is coming first. All is well. Hopefully next year you can travel with your hubby's iPhone together. Good wishes to you!

EezyE

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I really canā€™t remember. Does Apple require a signature for delivery? Iā€™ve always been home for deliveries but canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve signed ordering from Apple. Iā€™ve gotten most of my phones through Verizon and they did require a signature.

Had issues ordering this morning and ended up with duplicate orders. Trying to contact Apple to cancel one of the orders. The purple 14 Pro Max in 512GB in preparing to ship and scheduled for delivery on the 16th.
Once it moves to PFS you cannot cancel the order anymore. It wonā€™t allow it. Due to the fact, a tracking number and label have been assigned. You can only cancel it under the ā€œprocessing stageā€.

Reactions: Brad7

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
If you ask me today, I'm settled on purple but I'm thinking about keeping both iPhones. By the time my iPhone arrives things may change I don't know. iPhone holds a priceless amount to me. So I don't care about saving money or not. However, purple will be the main flagship phone I will be using until iPhone 15 gets released. šŸ’œ
Sounds like youā€™ll be set with a phone you love either way šŸ‘ Yep itā€™s my single most used device so I def see what you mean. Letā€™s see what you end up with!

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Out of curiosity, I checked the delivery dates for all colors and storage options for the unlocked 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max. Here's what I've found, as of 5 PM (PST) on Friday, September 9th.
  • All the 14 Pro Max configurations are estimated at October 17 - 24 for delivery.
  • The Purple 1 TB and Gold 1 TB 14 Pro models are still available for September 16th delivery.
  • The rest of the iPhone 14 Pro models are estimated at October 10 - 17 for delivery.
This information will definitely change, and probably pretty quickly. Honestly, I won't keep updating this regularly, but I'll check the dates over the next few days and most likely post updates in a new post in this thread. Here's a screenshot of my current findings.

Screenshot 2022-09-09 163945.png

magicschoolbus

macrumors 68030
May 27, 2014
Had issues ordering this morning and ended up with duplicate orders. Trying to contact Apple to cancel one of the orders. The purple 14 Pro Max in 512GB in preparing to ship and scheduled for delivery on the 16th.
Honestly with supply chains the way they are you migjt be be able to post it on eBay for like double the price

Out of curiosity, I checked the delivery dates for all colors and storage options for the unlocked 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max. Here's what I've found, as of 5 PM (PST) on Friday, September 9th.
  • All the 14 Pro Max configurations are estimated at October 17 - 24 for delivery.
  • The Purple 1 TB and Gold 1 TB 14 Pro models are still available for September 16th delivery.
  • The rest of the iPhone 14 Pro models are estimated at October 10 - 17 for delivery.
This information will definitely change, and probably pretty quickly. Honestly, I won't keep updating this regularly, but I'll check the dates over the next few days and most likely post updates in a new post in this thread. Here's a screenshot of my current findings.

View attachment 2055999
Thank you for posting this. This is a total nightmare and a disaster who does not know about this thread. I canā€™t believe itā€™s pushed out to October 24. Almost hitting that November month. Thatā€™s a tough pill to swallow. Dang!

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Iā€™m glad youā€™ve never had a problem. I had a coworker who ordered it from AT&T. The phone got to Louisville and stopped moving. Friday cameā€¦ still no update. He called AT&T, and not surprisingly for launch day, after like 3 hours on hold, hung up. Called back the next morning as soon as they opened, and still sat on hold to two hours, just to be told that it is out of their hands and they have to wait for UPS. By Monday, still no movement so he called up again to get nowhere again. Called again to try and get to another rep, and was told that the only thing they could do was to place a new order (with a six week lead time), and that he could return it when it came (as if it was ever going to come). He ended up deciding to cancel the whole order and going the in store Apple route. But AT&T wouldnā€™t refund unless he returned the original phone, which he obviously never was going to get, or until 14 business days of it not arriving.

Iā€™m glad AT&T has worked out for you and hope you never have to call them during the week following iPhone launch.
As with anything there are exceptions. That is one of them. I had issues with Apple as well. Seems judging by this thread Apple has alot more of them.

For the last five years a ATT employee dropped off the phone personally. They sent a text message with a arrival time. Rang the door bell and offered to set up the phone. It's a concierge service. Not shipping service. No worrying if someone will take the package or it getting delivered to the wrong address. Verizon and T-mobile offer something similar. Seems you missed that fact from my post. Apple offers nothing comparible. You are talking Apples and Oranges here.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Thank you for posting this. This is a total nightmare and a disaster who does not know about this thread. I canā€™t believe itā€™s pushed out to October 24. Almost hitting that November month. Thatā€™s a tough pill to swallow. Dang!
It really is a nightmare! I hope it's better with the carriers, I know a lot of "regular folk" who just go through their carriers rather than Apple.

It really is a nightmare! I hope it's better with the carriers, I know a lot of "regular folk" who just go through their carriers rather than Apple.
Itā€™s been over 10+ years and it has never gotten better with the carriers. Itā€™s sad. Itā€™s honestly a hit or miss with them. Apple.com orders come first. Carriers can only do so much. But there is hope that it gets better.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011

View attachment 2055999
Wow, that's crazy.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31433259" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Hahahah! I wonder if he was irritated by it

Yes he was. He donā€™t understand how stressful iPhone preorder day is. My daughter understand so she wasnā€™t worried. She knew I would still get them to school before 8:30am.

Reactions: julit0
Wow, that's crazy.
Thatā€™s why I stress so much about pre-ordering well in advance because you just never know. Whatā€™s expected to happen? 95 million orders secured by Apple and still back ordered. Itā€™s the worst nightmare. Who wants to wait that long!

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
This Spigen case was delivered today at my nearest Amazon locker. Iā€™m trying something new this year and will only use clear cases.

af4d17abfa3f873384cfeea845fba979.png
The Spigen Ultra Hybrid is a must purchase for all of my phones. Heck, I'm using one on my Z Fold 4 right now! I'm going to grab the MagSafe variant of the Ultra Hybrid, however. I really shouldn't have bought the Apple clear case this morning, but I wasn't sure if I was to grab the Spigen in time.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31433277" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Man, I tried to convince you for weeks and days but you didn't listen to me lol. I told you, you were missing out. Start early and start saying for the iPhone 15 now. Annual upgrades are the best. I don't care what anyone says. No, it's not a waste of time. Life is too short.

What saved me was not participating in the preorder thread. I didnā€™t see not one post

Preparing to Ship, still 9/23 and showing Postal Service again.

At this point, Iā€™m going to sit back and see how this plays out. It will get here when it gets here.

View attachment 2056004
Congrats! What's confusing is for some it is showing "postal service" and for some, it's showing "standard delivery" I really hope it's a stupid glitch šŸœ

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.