Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I like to go to myVerizon online and do the chat. They may know more.
Yea I usually go to myVerizon and activate esim that way, I don't need to do the chat. It's right there when you log in > Account > My Device > Activate or Switch Device > Activate on an existing line > Enter IMEI2.
Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.05.54 PM.png

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Went to Verizon store today to question them about the esim situation and they had no idea what I was talking about. They just said to come the 16th and theyā€™ll set up my new iPhone. Is this so they can charge me set up fee?

I see that as one way that they will get you. I already set my eSim up and hopefully itā€™ll transfer to the new phone and I wonā€™t have to use Customer service. Hopefully I donā€™t see the fee because I already have to pay it for the S8 Ultra.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I wish. Could change my in store pick up to Friday the 16th instead of the 17th. I had a time in the after of the 16th, by the time I was done I had to choose again and ended up on the 17th
I know during launch day and launch weekends, they will only allow you to get on that time slot you choosen, but it does not hurt to try and go on that Friday to see if you can possibly pick it up that day. As long as you got the ready for pick up e-mail it's there for you to pick up.

Reactions: ck3801

aqapple91

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2014
is it normal for in store pick up to still be stuck at ā€œorder placedā€ - everyone seems to be getting preparing to ship. first time picking up in store

Attachments

• A11B3353-14EB-421B-9CFA-5B2897989629.jpeg
    A11B3353-14EB-421B-9CFA-5B2897989629.jpeg
    340.1 KB · Views: 65

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
is it normal for in store pick up to still be stuck at ā€œorder placedā€ - everyone seems to be getting preparing to ship. first time picking up in store
For in-store pick up, your order status will stay from "Processing" up until Thursday. Sometime thursday, it will change to ready for pick up. So it's normal for In-store pick up.

taynasoldera

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
North Brentwood, MD
Forgive me if this has been answered, but I really canā€™t remember. Does Apple require a signature for delivery? Iā€™ve always been home for deliveries but canā€™t remember if Iā€™ve signed ordering from Apple. Iā€™ve gotten most of my phones through Verizon and they did require a signature.
In my experiences it really depends on the person who is delivering lol
When I ordered my iPhone 12 Pro I wasn't home for the Friday delivery. I saw the guy through the doorbell camera and talked to him, trying to convince him to just hide it on my porch. He said he couldn't bc he needed someone to sign bc it was a cell phone etc. (At the same time this day my friend got her delivered without signature, they just left by the door).

The next day, on the second delivery attempt, I was home the whole Saturday waiting for it, but it was a different guy and he just left on my door, rang the doorbell and left. By the time I got to the door he was gone šŸ˜’ I was SOOOO mad bc I really wanted it delivery on Friday and the guy refused. Anyway.

It was the same for my iPad and MacBook Pro. They just left on my door. No signature. So , who knows šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
Yay, add me to the preparing for shipping list. And in other news, I ordered the silicone case in midnight. I was torn between that and the elderberry color. Iā€™ve had the white case forever so Iā€™m excited to change it up.
Iā€™m struggling with this. Always have had white. Trying to embrace the (forced) change now. Thinking midnight? Just went to the Apple Store nearbyā€”first off what a freaking show that is when employees know so littleā€”anyway, they had them but they wouldnā€™t let me look at them. Only if I order on my phone (while Iā€™m standing there in the store) will they give me one. So I made some frustrated remark about buying all the colors and then just returning a half dozen open boxes.

Hope we find something to make us happy like white has.

Gsxr750

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2022
So the old lady decides to tell me 12 hours after the preorder that she wants a purple 12 pro, or pro max. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø she did this to me with the iPhone X too. Tells me the day after release she wants it. Managed to find her one that day maybe I can do it with this one too šŸ¤£

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Went to Verizon store today to question them about the esim situation and they had no idea what I was talking about. They just said to come the 16th and theyā€™ll set up my new iPhone. Is this so they can charge me set up fee?

No, donā€™t do that. Call in and have them switch you to eSIM now on the current phone so you can do the switch online later. They will charge you that $30-$40 happily when you walk into the store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.