Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
1662769792151.jpeg

I really hope my zagg stand has the one without the cutout. I feel that the cutout would be so annoying when interacting with the island.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
I see that as one way that they will get you. I already set my eSim up and hopefully it’ll transfer to the new phone and I won’t have to use Customer service. Hopefully I don’t see the fee because I already have to pay it for the S8 Ultra.
I don't know if this is helpful as I have AT&T. But, when I switched from my iPhone 12 (on eSim) to my iPhone 13 Pro, the eSim transferred over with no problem. I didn't have to do anything special. Or anything at all, really, other than the usual transfer during phone setup.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Oooo what do you think? I’m considering that very model. How’s the grip/slip feel? Do the sides seem weak like they won’t hug tightly? How’s the bulky/thin vibe? Feel encouraged to answer or not answer any of those questions :)

I haven’t picked it up from the Amazon locker yet. I don’t feel like leaving out the house right now. I’ll know tomorrow for sure

ZacKaffeine

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
For me, the citizens one email comes a couple of days before delivery. Not to make you feel bad, but I have now moved to “preparing for shipment”. Some folks get that quickly, others much later. But I hope it gives you some confidence that these things tend to work out. 🤞
Well both of mine are at "processing" which is all they will get to because I am picking mine up.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
" data-source="post: 31433742" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Shessssh, it took you all day man. Don’t leave us behind.

Yes it really did. Right after the keynote the pages started flying and I was desperately trying to keep up. With my work it’s hard until go on break or an off. Sunday will be just packages, so I can catch up some more.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
I found a couple options still available for release day delivery or pick up so far. Problem is, she won’t tell me if she wants the pro or pro max 🤣 I thinks I might end up camping out at the Apple Store this year even though mine is being delivered on launch day. Oh well. At least I get to take the day off of work.
I‘m safe for another year at least. He still loves his 12 Pro. 😂

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I don't know if this is helpful as I have AT&T. But, when I switched from my iPhone 12 (on eSim) to my iPhone 13 Pro, the eSim transferred over with no problem. I didn't have to do anything special. Or anything at all, really, other than the usual transfer during phone setup.

I hope it’s the same way for Verizon. I don’t want to pay $35 twice. I understand for the watch because I don’t have a watch line which is only costing me $5 by the way.

David Knowles

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2020
I was also going to order the clear case from Apple, however then I remembered when I got it for my iPhone 12. That was the worst apple product I’ve ever bought it was so slippery it was even hard to hold.

Are they still that way?

Reactions: wingennis

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I hope it’s the same way for Verizon. I don’t want to pay $35 twice. I understand for the watch because I don’t have a watch line which is only costing me $5 by the way.
When you switched to esim on Verizon, did they do it over the phone and did they charge you? I wonder if they’ll also charge to switch esim to the 14…

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
This was theeeee absolute most difficult pre-ordering experience I’ve had…and I upgrade every year. The TL;DR is that I still managed to get what I wanted, a Dark Purple 128gb 14 Pro with release day pickup. The too long version is that it took forever, and I currently have 2 orders for it. I did the pre-pre order through the app so I could speed through my worst-case scenario order if needed, and it turns out I did. I had 1) military discount, which you can’t get through the app (nor can you use it with Apple Card financing, but I’ll come back to that), and 2) a $354 Apple Account balance that I wanted to use. Well, my first attempts were through the website, which I couldn’t even access until ~8:15EST. While waiting for that, I tried several times to complete the “Get Ready” I’d done through the app. Kept getting to payment and it failed authorization…for all 3 methods I attempted. One I could understand (my Discover tends to err on the side of caution and send a text asking if I attempted a transaction), but the other 2 should have had no problems. One was my Apple Card that has a zero balance (but is still active)! Apple Pay wouldn’t work. Credit cards wouldn’t work. When I finally got in through the app…same thing. Finally about 8:50 I was able to get it through in the app; not ideal as it was the monthly financing which I didn’t want to do because I couldn’t get the $100 mil disc nor use my Apple Account balance. But I’d rather do that than nothing. Even after placing that order, I tried several more times to place an order through the military storefront and that FINALLY went through about 10:50. And still for Sept 16 pickup. That was my ideal situation as I was able to get the $899 price and use my $354 balance. The other piece is that we will be traveling; we check out of our hotel in Orlando that day to head to TN. The earliest I was able to get for pickup by that point was 2:45pm but I did order a watch yesterday with an 11:00 time slot so hopefully they’ll take pity on me and give me both then or my husband is gonna be PISSED that we’re not at least 3 hours down the road by then 😂
The struggle continues!

Reactions: Brad7

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
Which case should I get for my iPhone 14 Pro Max Space Black this coming Friday or before?

I want something thin but protects it. Not heavy though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.