Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

kitt9000

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
Null is such a funny description. Not to give u bad news but a lot of peoples orders that had in store pick up, slipped to delivery.
Hm thatā€™s strange, never seen anything like that on previous pick up orders. My email after ordering says pick up on 16th, would be strange if they randomly changed it. We are traveling early afternoon next Friday so wanted to pick this up fri morning at the store to get it all setup before we leave.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I"m sure I can but I am not sure what I want to do. I'm still on the 2 gb + 2gb data plan shared. I find it that I don't really need data much as I'm always on wifi everywhere I go so I really find unlimited data useless in my case. And we only pay $80+ per month.

I'm still confused tho as to how the plan works (the unlimited plan) in terms of cost because if you have 2 lines, then the cost goes a lower but that's per line. so say if one line is 65 per line but if you have 2 line, say it's 55 per line. I don't see how cheap that can go.

Yes the more lines you have, the cheaper the plan will be. I have 1 line and pay around $95 including taxes and the $10 autopay and ebill discount. Itā€™s expensive but the service outweighs the price for me.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes the more lines you have, the cheaper the plan will be. I have 1 line and pay around $95 including taxes and the $10 autopay and ebill discount. Itā€™s expensive but the service outweighs the price for me.
Is there a service line fee as well or no? I know with my plan I do have the service line I have to pay monthly.

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Hmmmā€¦maybe I should have gotten the purple to match my main guitar!
1A13C45B-FE23-4E12-B036-14657A49F4FD.jpeg

Woah! Last I read was page 143 šŸ˜† itā€™s 9.05am over here now!

@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— And sure I did! Got myself a silver one on launch date. Same problem like everyone else, only managed to get into the ordering page after 5mins. Opted for a pick up from the apple store. We only have 3 main apple stores over here and tbh, these 3 locations are just 30mins-1hr from me so all good šŸ‘šŸ¼
Congratulations! šŸŽˆšŸŽŠšŸŽ‰šŸ¾ itā€™s going to be a big day next Friday. Woo hoo!!!

I'm looking forward to my Purple for sure. I've wanted a Purple Pro iPhone for some time now LOL

Also looking forward to you tracking them down again this year! šŸ˜‚ @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—
Thank you for being here. It's going to be an amazing year for the iPhone. Happy and safe travels to you.

spiderpumpkin

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2014
I'm upgrading my 256GB iPhone 13 Pro Max Sierra Blue to the 256GB iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple using the Apple Upgrade Program. I did the pre-approval on Wednesday night to get ready for today's preorder.

I set my alarm 5 minutes before preorders started today and Apple Store iOS app said to wait and kept saying that. Unfortunately, I fell asleep and woke up 50 minutes after preorders started. So I quickly went back to the app and finished my preorder but because I was late my delivery window is Oct 3 -Oct 10 Standard Delivery.

In the app and in a desktop browser it says that my order is at the "Processing" stage. I hope this means my order will ship soon and be here by launch day or at least within the first week.

I've never missed the launch day delivery when using the Apple Upgrade Program, but this is my first year not preordering within the first few minutes.

It's interesting that the purple 14 pros models are all available for pickup on 9/17 around Chicago still. Inflation keeping sales down? Apple ramped up supply really well this year? I guess we'll find out later.
I agree but why so many issues when it comes to pre-order a new iPhone?

Reactions: Brad7

meetsam23

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2014
Mine has a very odd message, I reserved a pro for the wife and pro max for myself, reserved within 5 mins this am for Sep 16th pickup at local store, now says processing (which is fine). But the pick up date is gone even when I click the pro max entry. The pro max also say something about ā€œnullā€ instead of the pick up date. Anyone else seeing that?

View attachment 2056068
Poor coding by Apple engineer to throw a null pointer exception which resulted in display of word ā€œnullā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
If they would let me keep my 2TB then I would consider adding it. If not Iā€™ll happily keep paying the $9.99 for 2TB iCloud storage.

The way Verizon does it for the Hulu/Disney+/Espn+ package is that they pay for the standard plan...and then on Hulu, you can get charged separately for upgrading to Hulu (no ads).

I wonder if that'll be the same for Apple One. You pay the standard plan and then you go through Apple to pay the difference. I'm sure there will be an FAQ on it soon.

Reactions: StaceyMJ86
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.