Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Foobus

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2006
I posted earlier but I had the same thing happen and contacted Apple Support. The model I wanted was (and is) still in tock for the 16th so they told me I should just cancel and re-order. I did, and for the second time it showed me 9/16 at checkout and then 9/23 afterwards so something weird is going on with the orders. I'm getting the 1TB so there's plenty of availability even in-store but it keeps pushing the shipping date back when I order for delivery
Yes. It appears that you either are the unluckiest of us all, or Apple has chosen a random chunk of addresses in the US that just can't have a phone until 9/23, and must be serviced by the nebulous "postal service". Perhaps some of us have made disparaging comments on the forums one too many times...

Your story, and all of the more detailed ones posted here today, again make me think that this is a glitch in the system. Many people have reported order times that should translate easily into 9/16 deliveries, hours before the ship dates slipped for their phone. They also report that they were promised 9/16 during the order process, even to the point that no choice of shipping was offered (which is true of launch day deliveries - it is free and whatever Apple needs to get it to you that day.) The apparent randomness of who was "chosen" to get "Postal Service" delivery, and the fact that all of these are 9/23 - not earlier, not a date range, not later - also would be very strange if Apple was in fact using USPS, as they don't hold packages. And while orders do go into Preparing for shipment days before actually shipping, if these really are from a batch of phones not yet manufactured, why shift over 14 days early? That is completely outside of launch day behavior over the years. If this is actually a new planned and thought out method of delivering phones, then Apple Logistics is being run by a mostly tipsy orangutan.

afallnstar

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Seattle
Once it moves to PFS you cannot cancel the order anymore. It wonā€™t allow it. Due to the fact, a tracking number and label have been assigned. You can only cancel it under the ā€œprocessing stageā€.
It's my second order (selected in store pickup) that I can't cancel. it's still showing as Order Placed.

Honestly with supply chains the way they are you migjt be be able to post it on eBay for like double the price

Fair point...hate to do that to someone that wants the phone for retail on launch day though.

dweb619_2

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Starting to see some movement on day one.

Attachments

• 55CEA63C-821F-4803-AF7B-78C452ED4C9F.jpeg
    55CEA63C-821F-4803-AF7B-78C452ED4C9F.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 67

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
Probably reported by plenty of others already ā€” I'm 20 pages behind and not going to try to catch up ā€” but my ~8:25 am "arrives on 9/23 by postal service" has updated to "preparing to ship," so the date and shipping method appear to be a glitch.

Best of luck to everyone.

If this is actually a new planned and thought out method of delivering phones, then Apple Logistics is being run by a mostly tipsy orangutan.
šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

If Apple does pick USPS as the main carrier Iā€™m so ready to email Tim Cook. He better feature my letter at the Fall Apple Event in 2023.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Went to Verizon store today to question them about the esim situation and they had no idea what I was talking about. They just said to come the 16th and theyā€™ll set up my new iPhone. Is this so they can charge me set up fee?
hmmm..did you had to enter your verizon account detail when you pre-preordered?

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
This was theeeee absolute most difficult pre-ordering experience Iā€™ve hadā€¦and I upgrade every year. The TL;DR is that I still managed to get what I wanted, a Dark Purple 128gb 14 Pro with release day pickup. The too long version is that it took forever, and I currently have 2 orders for it. I did the pre-pre order through the app so I could speed through my worst-case scenario order if needed, and it turns out I did. I had 1) military discount, which you canā€™t get through the app (nor can you use it with Apple Card financing, but Iā€™ll come back to that), and 2) a $354 Apple Account balance that I wanted to use. Well, my first attempts were through the website, which I couldnā€™t even access until ~8:15EST. While waiting for that, I tried several times to complete the ā€œGet Readyā€ Iā€™d done through the app. Kept getting to payment and it failed authorizationā€¦for all 3 methods I attempted. One I could understand (my Discover tends to err on the side of caution and send a text asking if I attempted a transaction), but the other 2 should have had no problems. One was my Apple Card that has a zero balance (but is still active)! Apple Pay wouldnā€™t work. Credit cards wouldnā€™t work. When I finally got in through the appā€¦same thing. Finally about 8:50 I was able to get it through in the app; not ideal as it was the monthly financing which I didnā€™t want to do because I couldnā€™t get the $100 mil disc nor use my Apple Account balance. But Iā€™d rather do that than nothing. Even after placing that order, I tried several more times to place an order through the military storefront and that FINALLY went through about 10:50. And still for Sept 16 pickup. That was my ideal situation as I was able to get the $899 price and use my $354 balance. The other piece is that we will be traveling; we check out of our hotel in Orlando that day to head to TN. The earliest I was able to get for pickup by that point was 2:45pm but I did order a watch yesterday with an 11:00 time slot so hopefully theyā€™ll take pity on me and give me both then or my husband is gonna be PISSED that weā€™re not at least 3 hours down the road by then šŸ˜‚
I think it really blows chunks I can't use my military discount with financing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.