Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

shr631

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2013
I didn't but the website did not load for me until 5:03 AM PST, by that time I almost had a heart attack. Everything worked out fine tho. It was just total madness. Last night I just had a feeling it was going to be a nightmare. But long story short no real issues for me. Both iPhones promised launched day. 🔥
Nice! Wow interesting that you had an intuition about it. Glad it worked out. Last year I had the card issue and went through a similar experience 😅. Awesome, good for you! Are you deciding on which color to keep or planning to run both phones?

Well I am part of the “Preparing for Shipment” group. Still saying September 23rd by Postal Service. I kinda have a sneaky feeling that I will receive it on Friday the 16th.
At least there is progress being made. Hoping you get it on a launch delivery date. Let’s get it!!!

Nice! Wow interesting that you had an intuition about it. Glad it worked out. Last year I had the card issue and went through a similar experience 😅. Awesome, good for you! Are you deciding on which color to keep or planning to run both phones?
If you ask me today, I'm settled on purple but I'm thinking about keeping both iPhones. By the time my iPhone arrives things may change I don't know. iPhone holds a priceless amount to me. So I don't care about saving money or not. However, purple will be the main flagship phone I will be using until iPhone 15 gets released. 💜

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Since delivery windows got back ordered a lot quicker this year, does that mean more people ordered this year or they had less inventory?

Reactions: Brad7
Since delivery windows got back ordered a lot quicker this year, does that mean more people ordered this year or they had less inventory?
Definitely more people ordered this year. Back in April 2022, it was reported Apple has asked its suppliers to increase the production line and to build 95 million units

We witness that today during pre-order launch time.

AF4278D9-1BEA-4515-8103-F807C43F0846.jpeg

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Definitely more people ordered this year. Back in April 2022, it was reported Apple has asked its suppliers to increase the production line and to build 95 million. We witness that today during pre-order launch time.

Must be because everyone loved the flagship color purple lol

Just outta curiosity, I checked the status of all pro and pro max models. I am sure everyone here already knows but delivery dates are in mid-October now. This is for all colors and storage capacity for both the pro and pro max.
Thanks for checking! Sheeeesh Mid-October. That's insane. That was another thing I mentioned here that they will instantly be back-ordered. Seems to be that case.

DianaMR

macrumors 65816
Sep 12, 2016
" data-source="post: 31433352" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
So sad to see you got left behind this year man. I’m very sorry. Hopefully next year your iPhone order goes well. Sending you good wishes early on. Stay strong and keep us posted!

It was actually my hubby’s phone that got hung up in processing. Mine made it for launch day delivery thankfully. I would have freaked out. He took it fine however.

taynasoldera

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2020
North Brentwood, MD
Nope. And I just called Citizens One, got a clueless rep who told me I have to pay off the entire balance of my loan on my iPhone 13. No, I say, I'm in the IUP and that's not how it works, you forgive the balance of the old loan and then I make payments on the new loan, for which I have already been pre-approved. We argue for a while and then he checks with a supervisor, who verifies what I said. He tells me this (no apology for his argumentative misinformation) and says Apple hasn't initiated the upgrade yet and Citizens One has to wait for that before my old loan balance will show zero and I can add the new loan using the loan # listed in the welcome letter they'll send me. I gave up repeating a few times that I usually get the welcome letter right after I place the upgrade order with Apple, just too exhausting to argue endlessly.
Ugh! Thanks for sharing this info.

My case is a little bit different since I just finished paying my 12Pro so I chose to trade-in and go with a new Loan. Mine is not IUP. Anyway .. some things looks faster than last time (like changing to preparing for shipping) and other looks weird and slow lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.