Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Here is the current situation for all the UPS airborne flights worldwide. Expect UPS flights to be routed to CGO (China) by Sunday evening (USA Time). Notice there are no flights around China, right now reason why because it is way too early.

Expect more UPS flights to populate in the upcoming days. We are still a few days ahead.

1662790702991.png

Here is the current view of Louisville Muhammed Ali International Airport, Kentucky. Come Thursday, the red lines below will be all over the place due to the delivering iPhone's order. Notice how there are over 111 destinations assigned.

1662791184684.png

1662791136584.png

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Did you see the UPS Worldport Facility in Louisville, Kentucky? There is really where the magic happens. You will see "Import Scan" over there.
That was where they pulled my phone from the pallet one year and changed the label on it to reflect the change in shipping from Maryland to Utah after I phoned Apple with the request. I was absolutely amazed.

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I can only imagine how nervous that team gets before pressing the button. I read somewhere that there were 5 million orders happening every minute.
Just when Apple opens the gate, so many us hammering on then refreshing multiple devices (Mac, iPad, iPhone) to get that first response to be able to get a launch day order. Until it smooths out to be just the 5 million orders per minute, it gets real dicey and glitchy at launch. That's our group, we gotta be first in.

Another fun fact about the UPS Priority Service Conditions. Delays normally don't occur with UPS because if they do they lose out on a lot of money. They get fines and penalties. You can review the summary here below. This is a lot of money we are talking about.

1662791692757.png

Pallets of iPhones go through the same regulations below.

1662791751100.png
Priorityshipment.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, thank you. Just checked, nothing so far.
That's normal and it's too early. First step! Assign iPhone and the shipment gets assigned from the factory. Once it scans into the system. It will populate.

Right now, we are all hanging out in some random warehouse waiting to be hand-picked and scanned with a barcode.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Another fun fact about the UPS Priority Service Conditions. Delays normally don't occur with UPS because if they do they lose out on a lot of money. They get fines and penalties. You can review the summary here below. This is a lot of money we are talking about.

View attachment 2056259

Pallets of iPhones go through the same regulations below.

View attachment 2056260
Whew. Basically no wiggle room! Amazing

julit0

macrumors demi-god
Apr 19, 2010
Torrance, CA
As if my Midnight Leather and Storm Blue Si cases aren't enough...the posts and videos got me curious on the Ink Leather case. Gonna pick one up at the local store tomorrow. 😄

I read earlier that the cases aren't on display yet and you have to buy them just to even get access to them, even though online Apple says they're in stock everywhere. I think they do that, where they don't put out the new cases until the launch day of the phones. Eh, maybe I'll get to see some more in hand tomorrow. I'll try to get them to bring out some alternate colors. Of course, you can't get any EPP discounts that way and have to order online, verify thru id.me, and then go back and pick up the items on another trip.

Eh, I have 14 days to return what I don't like, right?!
Screen Shot 2022-09-09 at 23.56.39.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.