Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Is it possible to trade in an iPhone when you join the iPhone upgrade program? Not seeing that option.
Are you currently enrolled and upgrading? IT's a given that you do when you pick it up or delivered. If you do in-store pick up, you do trade in the old one and close out your old loan. If you did it as home delivery, they usually will send you a kit.

Thank you for doing this thread every year. Love it!! Here comes my preorder. Done it every year since 2007!!!!
No Problem! Since 2007? Dang, you are a true legend! Wow! So excited to have you here. Welcome aboard! This is going to be a fun ride.

Last edited:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
They did it for me before but when I needed one two months ago, they said they couldn't do it over the phone. Ended up having to go to the store.

May want to try switching to an eSim now, before you get the new device. If you have an eSim on your current device, you can transfer it to the 14 when you are setting it up.
I am going to convert mine via settings tomorrow. Hopefully I don’t have to go to a store.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Thank goodness I live on central time. Pre-order will be 7 am for me and I do work at 8 am so perfect timing. Thanks APPLE.

I have to do some serious multi-tasking. I’ll be in the drop off line dropping my little people off at 8am. I’ll have the Apple App and Safari on my iPad open at 7:50am. Hopefully I can have my confirmation number before the cars start moving to let the kids out.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Apple Card Installments make it way too easy to upgrade lol. I just paid off my 13 Pro in case I decide to upgrade to the 14 Pro Max in the next 24 hours. Even though I can afford the up front cost of buying outright, it’s so much of a psychological relief to just think, “oh, I could just upgrade for $50/month, no big payment up front.” :p

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I agree, I really like the 7am order time. I'll just order it before heading to work. Easy peasy.

There was something fun about getting up at 2am just to order a phone though. lol. But I'll take this any day.

I’m on the East coast and 3am was fun. It was no fun though having to call T-Mobile and hope I get an agent on the phone and the call wouldn’t disconnect. I’ve been lucky in the past except with the 7 Plus.

Ugh, I just skipped over 10 pages of posts (I'll catch up tonight). I did the IUP pre-approval and this year I'm NOT getting my usual GOLD iPhone (I've only been getting Gold since it was offered - I think since I got the iPhone X). I've been convinced to get Deep Purple as well. I figured it's only for a year and I always have a case on it, so no one but ME will know what color I really have. I like that it's a dark purple vs a pastel purple. Now, I need to order my Speck case. 😍

View attachment 2053093
Ahhh! don't be skipping pages. That's not how will get the full experience. This thread should be the top priority for ya! Congratulations on reserving your iPhone. It's just beautiful.

Reactions: 5105973 and Wolfs

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
So late to this thread - upgrading from ATT iPhone 12 Pro to 14 Pro Max. With esim on the 14 is there anything I will need to do prior to activating the new phone?

My wife is definitely upgrading. I’m on the fence because I really really like my 1TB iPhone 13 Pro Max. The $720 trade in is alright - was hoping the $1000 was Apple not carrier. I got rid of my iPad so may splurge :).

Great phone. The camera and screen upgrade is very tempting.

And thanks for the thread. Look forward to this every year. :)
Ahhh! No problem! Welcome, glad you are here with us.

Treat yourself and order yourself a new iPhone 14 Pro Max. It looks amazing. Don't settle for less. Life is too short... Sounds like you will be placing an order for the 2 brand new iPhone 14 Pro Max's. Have you decided which color?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.