Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

ShadowGuardian87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
Virginia
I'd say go with what your wallet tells you but 512 gb storage is a sweet spot for me.

I do plan on holding on to my iPhone 14 pro max for 2-3 years and the 512 GB would be nice to have, but after thinking more, I think 256 would be fine. I had my 11 Pro Max 256 for 3 years now and only use about 88 GB ( I misspoke earlier about 90 GB).

I will probably use the phone for video and photos but I can always offload to my mac if it comes to that. Plus, I plan to buy the Apple Watch Ultra in November, so I have to stay within the budget lol.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I do plan on holding on to my iPhone 14 pro max for 2-3 years and the 512 GB would be nice to have, but after thinking more, I think 256 would be fine. I had my 11 Pro Max 256 for 3 years now and only use about 88 GB ( I misspoke earlier about 90 GB).

I will probably use the phone for video and photos but I can always offload to my mac if it comes to that. Plus, I plan to buy the Apple Watch Ultra in November, so I have to stay within the budget lol.
lol only 2 GB difference but yea if you had 256 GB for 3 years and sstill have plenty, I'd say just stick with 256 GB.

Reactions: julit0 and Wolfs

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
You won't be able to pop the sim out to use with the 14 models. None of them have physical slots and getting an eSim from AT&T is a pain in the ass.
Thatā€™s what I am worried about how to go about getting one from them. Obviously, selecting AT&T initially it will already come ready to go.

max2

macrumors 603
May 31, 2015
AT&T live chat transfered my SIM to a eSIM a long time ago when I really wanted it.

Surprised it even worked.

Though yes it is a pain in the butt sometimes.

Looks like I jeks it.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
AT&T live chat transfered my SIM to a eSIM a long time ago when I really wanted it.

Surprised it even worked.

Though yes it is a pain in the butt sometimes.
I can imagine they will be bombarded with calls and chats for the same thing. I might just avoid the possible headache.

PPAP

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2016
Blaine, Minnesota
So if I trade in my 13PM for 14PM 512GB and go with the $1000 off deal with TMobile, I will be financing $399. I can pay off early and trade in with apple next year correct?

Reactions: Wolfs

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I'm keeping my AW SBTi Series 7 as well as I don't really need a new watch at this moment. Not to mentioned i've banged it to a wall, car door, any hard surface (not on purpose), and my watch is still in pristine condition as if I got it on Day 1.
I hope they add blood glucose monitoring to it in the next models there is nothing new with the series 8. I will upgrade when my apple care plus expires.

Reactions: 5105973 and webbuzz

marchrose2011

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2014
USA
I'm keeping my AW SBTi Series 7 as well as I don't really need a new watch at this moment. Not to mentioned i've banged it to a wall, car door, any hard surface (not on purpose), and my watch is still in pristine condition as if I got it on Day 1.
Iā€™m keeping my series 6 as well. I was considering upgrading to a series 8 before the announcements but Iā€™d much rather upgrade my AirPods to the new Pro 2s and keep my series 6. I donā€™t need the ultra features plus it would just be way to huge on my wrist.

soapropos

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2020
Greensboro, NC
Canā€™t rememberā€¦does the preapproval tonight make a hard credit check or is it just soft/hit when you actually place the order? Iā€™m still undecided on whether Iā€™m going to get the phone this year but would love to get cozy just in case

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Ugh, I just skipped over 10 pages of posts (I'll catch up tonight). I did the IUP pre-approval and this year I'm NOT getting my usual GOLD iPhone (I've only been getting Gold since it was offered - I think since I got the iPhone X). I've been convinced to get Deep Purple as well. I figured it's only for a year and I always have a case on it, so no one but ME will know what color I really have. I like that it's a dark purple vs a pastel purple. Now, I need to order my Speck case. šŸ˜

Screenshot 2022-09-07 at 8.53.43 PM.png

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
Canā€™t rememberā€¦does the preapproval tonight make a hard credit check or is it just soft/hit when you actually place the order? Iā€™m still undecided on whether Iā€™m going to get the phone this year but would love to get cozy just in case
From what I can tell, itā€™s hit or miss. I know that my pre-approval was a soft hit.

Reactions: julit0

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Are you currently enrolled in iUP? If so and you are upgrading, it likely will be a soft hit. IF it's your first time it will be a hard hit. I believe that will show up when you get pre-approved.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.