Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
āœ‰ļø Once again, you are cordially invited šŸ“Ø
Greetings all,

Just like that Apple just announced the new iPhone and Apple Event is about to be over shortly.

Welcome again! I hope all of you beautiful people are doing well. Itā€™s almost that time of the year again. Itā€™s time to place your orders for the new iPhone 14 this coming Friday. Hopefully you are ready for the madness to begin. I hope all of you have your passports ready and your mindset well prepared to start traveling internationally. The traveling restrictions have eased up so hopefully, our tracking journey will be smoother this time. Fingers are crossed and hopefully, there won't be any hick-ups with the international traveling.

View attachment 2052542

View attachment 2052543

Scheduled Dates for iPhone 14, 2022.

Event date: (Tuesday) September 7, 2022, at 10:00 AM (PST)

Pre-Order date
(Friday) September 9, 2022, at 05:00 AM (PST)

Official Launch date: (Friday) September 16, 2022 (All Day)

Place your order here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/

Current Line iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone Pro Max Line up

View attachment 2052585

The iPhone 14 Movement...

Once our orders move to process we should start seeing some movement to 'Preparing For Shipment' over the weekend. This usually happens Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (PST time).

Once this happens you should be able to get details on your phone and let the tracking begin!

Here are some notes to help track orders:

If your phone status has changed to "Shipped", you can view the invoice on the Apple site.

That invoice has the serial number on it.

Go to Apple.com, then pick the ORDERS page (the little "shopping bag" icon at the far right on the home page... go to your orders page). Now, login, find your iPhone order... and click on Print All Invoices to see your shiny new iPhone serial number.

Link to track your iPhone via UPS:

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/

Tracking | UPS - United States

Track one or multiple packages with UPS Tracking, use your tracking number to track the status of your package.
www.ups.com

Detailed Tracking

Another way to find it, enter your phone number + zip:

Track your UPS shipments here using your reference number

If your phone number isnā€™t working for UPS tracking, use your order number but subtract the last two numbers/letters. For example: Say your order number is: W123456789, you'd put in: W1234567 - make sure to use the tracking by reference feature

āœˆļø Aviation Flight Information āœˆļø

šŸ‡ØšŸ‡³ CGO>>>ANC šŸ‡ŗšŸ‡ø
1662562550026-png.2052231
1632720997841-png.1849585

1655274972601-png.2019359

When you see the time that your flight leaves China (make sure that the UPS or FedEx info is showing it per China time, or do the math), you can usually narrow it down

For those of you that are not familiar with doing this here's how you can check your order.

Go to UPS's website. Go to tracking. Go to track by reference number. Put the cell phone number associated with your order as the reference number. Put your ZIP Code. Put your country. Hit the track package button. If your phone has shipped it'll come up on UPS's website.

Our Main Goal is to hit the "Import Scan" from Louisville Kentucky. This is our last stopping point before we will say our final goodbyes until we all meet again next September 2023.

The story behind the famous "Import Scan" UPS: Long story short, This is a final approval scan that dictates your iPhone will arrive the next day, guaranteed!

According to UPS, The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country.

Be Aware: Common Scans Include The Following:

View attachment 2052084
Example: What our Tracking May Look Like?

This tracking below only applies to Las Vegas, Nevada. However, we will all be traveling together from (Zhengzhou, China to Lousiville, Kentucky, USA) until we see the "Import Scan" in Louisville, Kentucky. Keep in mind some of us may be left behind in China. It happens every year. (It happened to be last year and the year before). Hopefully, this won't be the case this year. After all, goes well, we will be separated to our final destination, and from there expect a final "Departure Scan" to hit your destination airport.

View attachment 2052394

View attachment 2052395

Good Luck and Safe Travels!!!

Please share your thoughts on which iPhone model you plan on pre-ordering...
Which color, size, and storage?

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone this year?

Special invitations: @ksujoel @lazyrighteye @beach bum @ratspg @julit0 @mcvaughan @Sir_Macs_A_Lot @_Spinn_ @Mt44 @Zune55 @naturalstar @Shadowbech @hellojohnny @Flight Plan @naturalstar @SisterBlue22 @Wolfs @heyyitssusan @ksujoel @hungryteresa @ATX_wapiti @svish @LasersGoPewPew @Wxchaser @valleian @Xoterin @DianaMR @GrumpyMom @Novaoblivion @Bobout @CaptMarvel @Stlcheer @anjo10 @rixa001 @chasers @Mr. Awesome @rjjacobson @Reformed @webbuzz @PhillyGuy72 @BreakingKayfabe @Shadowbech @StaceyMJ86 @ShadowGuardian87 @Saladin12 @Jinjin @bradl @bitcloudrzr @DeepIn2U @Whistler Mac @lazyrighteye @imnotthewalrus @sideshowuniqueuser @aes80 @LFC2020 @sorgo @Leon Ze Professional @Saladin12 @UltimateSyn @Dino F @Sal09 @BugeyeSTI @planteater @ivantheipodder @sorgo @Banglazed @Wolfs @DanteHicks79 @DeepIn2U @Mr. Brightsider @allan.nyholm @Appleguy84 @JustinCymbal @asdfjkl; @macsplusmacs @Apple_Robert @Jinjin @Saladin12 @Funny Apple Man man @iDarth_Betar @Appleguy84 @tridley68 @Brad7 @Limeybasturd ... and of course everyone else. All are welcome here.

This thread will update periodically. Stay tuned!
Thank you for doing this thread every year. Love it!! Here comes my preorder. Done it every year since 2007!!!!

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Can I order a iPhone on my Apple account have it shipped to me with AT&T installment plan if the AT&T installment main user is not under my name or address but I have authorized access ?

Or will it be shipped in my family member's name and address ?

Who is better to order from Apple or AT&T as well ?
Apple is always better to order it from!!

Reactions: max2

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Lol its
preorder Apple Watch
PRE preorder iPhone (IUP)
log on to Mac rumors

Lmao, this app sits idle for so long into a pre-order comes around.
Yep. I ordered my Series 8 Hermes before the event was even over. The apple store came back up quick. Next is iPhone promax purple of course and AirPods Pro!!!

Reactions: Wolfs

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Can I order a iPhone on my Apple account have it shipped to me with AT&T installment plan if the AT&T installment main user is not under my name or address but I have authorized access ?

Or will it be shipped in my family member's name and address ?

Who is better to order from Apple or AT&T as well ?
Dont know about ATT but with Apple we were able to ship directly to our kids away at school. Billing and shipping could be different.
Nothing for me yet. I suspect those being charged tax are doing the installment plan, not the IUP.
No charges for me yet on IUP

Yandawg

macrumors regular
Apr 2, 2019
I wish we were able to do the pre-approval with the veterans discount using the app. Unfortunately it only looks like we are able to order Friday morning as far as I can tell. Anyways, happy to be back in the group this year. Looking forward to continuously refreshing my tracking for the next week. šŸ˜³

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
I wish we were able to do the pre-approval with the veterans discount using the app. Unfortunately it only looks like we are able to order Friday morning as far as I can tell. Anyways, happy to be back in the group this year. Looking forward to continuously refreshing my tracking for the next week. šŸ˜³
What happens if you try through the website? would the device appear in the app after?

rainafterthesun

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Hi,

Iā€™m just wondering, Iā€™ve never had any issues upgrading but Iā€™m running into this msg
781D5F52-D2E6-4FDD-B52B-5D0EED5B1942.png

And then thereā€™s this:

56BEA42C-35AB-417D-BE3B-9308F4757B93.jpeg

Am I just being a total space cadet?

Did I do the payment plan vs iPhone upgrade (I swear I chose the latter?) and if so why does it say upgrade eligibility after 12 months (which is 9/24 vs 9/9)?

Any help is appreciated!

Ideally Iā€™d like to get the upgrade so unsure of my options.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.