Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
Anyone have any tips to ensure launch date delivery/in-store pick up? This is my first time pre-ordering an iPhone from apple! I am planning on getting the Space Black 14 PM 128 gb. I am going to do that pre-pre-ordering thing that apple will have ready later today and will be up right before 8 AM EST on Friday to be ready when pre-orders open. Aside from that, any tips??
I would rethink the 128gb. You can't do Cinematic video on that size.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, somedays I wish I had gone for something more traditional, but then I would miss out on this.

View attachment 2053646
So good with the bad. :)
Yes indeed. As I mentioned I got into geosciences because of collecting fossils. Which I did from Kindergarten onward. My parents and high school science teachers supported me and bottom line was I got a 4 year tuition paid geology degree out of it along with other scholarships. But ultimately what was most important for me was that for 34 years while I worked for the Illinois State Geological Survey I was being paid to do my hobby and passion. That is hard to find for many with life long careers I gather (not sure of percentages) but I was blessed. Yeah the views from air are beautiful but I tend to not like the hassle of flying, especially airports, security ect, ect LOL. Plus when I drive to destinations I can collect fossils along way ano see beautiful scenery and geology ;-)

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Great but since this saturday is the full moon and is considered a holiday there may not be many folks working that day. So anyone who misses the pre order could face a short delay? Who knows
On the other hand I'm sure Tim Apple is aware of the holiday and it wouldn't surprise me that it has already been planned for/around.
I live in Bakersfield, and it was 116 degrees here a few days ago, Iā€™m actually escaping the heat! Besides Iā€™m gonna be at pool parties most of the time šŸ˜‚
Its gonna be 100 here in Colorado today-and we could be skiing in a month or so!
Interesting that on the right they say "Four new colors". So the Silver and Gold are indeed new shades this year.
good catch!

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Yes indeed. As I mentioned I got into geosciences because of collecting fossils. Which I did from Kindergarten onward. My parents and high school science teachers supported me and bottom line was I got a 4 year tuition paid geology degree out of it along with other scholarships. But ultimately what was most important for me was that for 34 years while I worked for the Illinois State Geological Survey I was being paid to do my hobby and passion. That is hard to find for many with life long careers I gather (not sure of percentages) but I was blessed. Yeah the views from air are beautiful but I tend to not like the hassle of flying, especially airports, security ect, ect LOL. Plus when I drive to destinations I can collect fossils along way ano see beautiful scenery and geology ;-)
Yeah, this is my second career. In my former life I was an iPhone app developer. Always find your passion, then find a way to make money doing it is my belief. And I don't blame you one bit, airports and security are the worst.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, this is my second career. In my former life I was an iPhone app developer. Always find your passion, then find a way to make money doing it is my belief. And I don't blame you one bit, airports and security are the worst.
Interesting career path you had. I agree find your passion, find way to make money on it (at least a living wage working for state government LOL).

Reactions: pilotpat and Wolfs

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
Some more examples of the colors from MKBHDā€™s video:
AEC9-B3-EE-EF6-C-43-F6-BE58-C8-EA948-B1351.jpg

BE7-A2-BAF-4-F35-4544-81-F9-0-CBAAD3-BB9-B0.jpg

2-FDDB04-A-E3-AD-464-B-B75-E-123-D75321-FE1.jpg
Wait, what?!! Now it looks light purple. This phone is interesting.

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
I still am still on the iPhone 7+. I canā€™t wait to upgrade to the iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple. I will be up at 4:30 to order. Tomorrow is also my birthday so it makes it that much better!!

And I love these threads, I learned how to track all my Apple devices from them and learn so much and get great tips from all of you!!!

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
I still am still on the iPhone 7+. I canā€™t wait to upgrade to the iPhone 14 Pro Max Deep Purple. I will be up at 4:30 to order. Tomorrow is also my birthday so it makes it that much better!!

And I love these threads, I learned how to track all my Apple devices from them and learn so much and get great tips from all of you!!!
7+? That has to be a record. Can anyone top that?
That was my largest and last largest phone. Awesome but I just couldn't make it work. Also happy birthday!

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Does foxconn make iphones on weekends?
Pretty sure they're 24/7 until launch now. Also, Mid-Autumn Festival is normally just a single day holiday, so if anything they might close just on 9/10. I'm sure Apple is paying extra to have all the factories stay open. The biggest holiday is Lunar New Year and that's when factories are closed for multiple days so everyone can go home to their families.

cannono

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2014
I think for the first time in a several years, Iā€™m going back down to a standard size iPhone from having Plus/Max since the XS. I think im ready for a change and the Max doesnā€™t feel like ā€œphone sizeā€ to me right now. Too large to grip.

if anyone else has downsized before, stop me if Iā€™ll regret it.

going for iPhone 14 Pro 256gb in Silver this time...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.