Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Hey hey hey! How’s everyone doing? Here’s to another year of tracking planes like tweakers! 🎊
When you see the planes moving

200.gif

svnty6rs3

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2010
People still need to go to such lengths these days?

Past few years, preregister on the Apple Store App. Wake up, click like three buttons, scan my face, go back to sleep.
Haha i wish. ATT has a better trade in offer for the 12 pro max and it doesn’t look like apple will let you pre register if you are doing carrier financing, unfortunately.

Reactions: compwiz1202

JonnyBravo

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2007
Glendale, CA
So just watched MKBHD's review and I really liked how the Deep Purple seemed to shift from almost midnight to a deep electric blue-violet to a deep lavender. I'm so IN!

This is similar to the green apple watch i bought last year which I love. At first, it almost looked black, but then once in a while i would glance at it, and it would turn this gorgeous green depending on the light. Just like magic! :) Can't wait for that purple phone as that's my favorite color. Was hoping years ago they would make their top of the line phone with this color. Dreams can come true! lol

jdubigrande

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2018
Toronto
Does anyone know if there are limits this year to how many you can buy? I'm buying for myself and two colleagues (work phones) and am wondering if three will be a problem. I know that in 2020 they had a 2 per person limit...

Reactions: Brad7

cswx

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
People still need to go to such lengths these days?

Past few years, preregister on the Apple Store App. Wake up, click like three buttons, scan my face, go back to sleep.

I’m doing financing to take advantage of the T-mobile $1k off deal which you can’t preconfigure like IUP. Also, I’m going on vacation for two weeks day after release so I don’t want to get a delivery date that slips.

And the Chinese Customs work as part of the phones travel out of Foxconn through UPS. Those can get us those 3 plus days delays depending on how things work. I do worry given the political tensions with US and China if this will slow things down hopefully not (yep already worrying and I have not even done the final click for tomorrow yet LOL)
I agree. Not sure how it's going to pan out this year with the political tensions with the US and China import/export business.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
This is similar to the green apple watch i bought last year which I love. At first, it almost looked black, but then once in a while i would glance at it, and it would turn this gorgeous green depending on the light. Just like magic! :) Can't wait for that purple phone as that's my favorite color. Was hoping years ago they would make their top of the line phone with this color. Dreams can come true! lol

I feel you. I was waiting for years for a blue iPhone and then received 2 years of them! Violet and lavender shades are my next favorite! Happy times!

And me I am a geologist and paleontologist so I like my door open and preferably I am outdoors in nature collecting samples in beautiful places LOL. It was my hobby, college education and career for 34 years now operating in retirement mostly collecting fossil trilobites these days ;-)
The new iPhone will be perfect for you. Did you order the Apple Watch Ultra?

I can’t decide. I ALWAYS go with Black and it looks soooo good in the hands-on videos, but something about that Silver is catching my eye.

View attachment 2053631
I hope the silver iPhone is not prone to micro scratches. Digging the Space Black iPhone. It looks very nice.

anjo10

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2020
Chicago, IL
For the past two years, I have been getting the leather cases directly from apple. This time I am thinking of getting a clear case to show the purple color and I am not a fan of the clear case from apple. I hate that magsafe logo in the back. Any recommendations where to order that does not yellow?

Last edited:
Reactions: naturalstar
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.