Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
People still need to go to such lengths these days?

Past few years, preregister on the Apple Store App. Wake up, click like three buttons, scan my face, go back to sleep.
Trust me... It's not that easy. Last year or so Apple Pay failed... The year before Pre-Order Authentication failed as well. The year before that... The website did not go live until 30 minutes later.

I wish it was that easy to pre-order. We will see, tho. Positive vibes only!

Last edited:

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
Good shot of the Silver if anyone is on the fence. Man, this picture is making me really debate silver vs black...
Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 10.28.51 AM.png

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I know! And I just watch a video of the silver and thought - hmmm, I haven’t gotten a silver iPhone in five years…should I go for radically different?

I need help. ;)
I hate all the micro scratches that instantly happen with the silver. If not, I would definitely get it. It's annoying after a while to constantly have to buff them out.

I hate all the micro scratches that instantly happen with the silver. If not, I would definitely get it. It's annoying after a while to constantly have to buff them out.
I really wonder if it is prone to scratches this year tho. Silver looks stunningly beautiful!

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I really wonder if it is prone to scratches this year tho. Silver looks stunningly beautiful!
True - it's been that way every year since they've done silver stainless steel bands...started with the iPhone X. I don't think it'll be any different, unfortunately. You can buff them out, which is good, but after a while it's like ugh lol

Carlos22Dayday

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2011
Hey guys! First time on this specific thread, usually I’m in the t mobile one since I did upgrades through the carrier. This year I’m going through Apple and taking advantage of the trade in. Being first a timer, what’s better? The app or website?

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I agree! This is a true definition of Black! If this was released with iPhone 14 line up. I wouldn't mind carrying 2 1TB iPhones. Purple and Black. All the way!
YES!!! The Space Black is darker than Graphite - not enough - but it's a step in the right direction. Maybe next year! Purple it is, I guess! Now to decide on a case........lol. First world problems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.