Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Finally made up my mind.

14 Pro Silver 256GB w/ Sunglow silicone case. This combo looks so bright and happy like the sun or a bright summer day. Makes me feel good.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 2.12.04 PM.png

Finally made up my mind.

14 Pro Silver 256GB w/ Sunglow silicone case. This combo looks so bright and happy like the sun or a bright summer day. Makes me feel good.

View attachment 2053821
Love the combination. Great choice. Order yourself an Apple Watch ultra as well?

1662661173874.png

I'm conflicted. I was set to upgrade my 13 (which I love) to the 14 Plus cuz I want a bigger screen. Then Apple comes out of nowhere with this 'Island' for the Pro models...but I don't really need the Pro model and not sure I can justify buying the Pro Max (even with the $470 Trade-in value).

If I do get one this year...it has to be the Pro Max. I'll wait and see all of the wonderful things this Dynamic Island can do...then I'll decide.
You need to upgrade. Point blank period. See you tomorrow at 05:00AM PST?

Reactions: whattodo11
I like the progress they’re making on the black color. The rails are much darker this year.

However the back is still pretty graphite, so I’m still going purple.
My sentiments EXACTLY
The fact Apple is taking baby steps for over $1000 phone makes no sense. Just leave it black. Plain and simple pitch black. I really wonder what is the reasoning behind the graphite color.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
The fact Apple is taking baby steps for over $1000 phone makes no sense. Just leave it black. Plain and simple pitch black. I really wonder what is the reasoning behind the graphite color.
Maybe they can’t get it totally black because of the frosted glass? Then it wouldn’t look “frosted?” Not that anyone would care if they said, here’s a jet black iPhone again but it’s not frosted

xchellz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
Started my pre-order for tomorrow for the 14 Pro Max in the purple color. I decided to try the Apple Card Monthly Installments (because why not). Is anyone familiar with it? Btw, I already have the Apple Card just hardly ever use it.

Maybe they can’t get it totally black because of the frosted glass? Then it wouldn’t look “frosted?” Not that anyone would care if they said, here’s a jet black iPhone again but it’s not frosted
I know what would work, a Sharpie!... But maybe your right. They can't get it all black because of the frosted glass. It's heavily tempered.

H-286BL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.