Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
Hello, all! We're back again this year! This pre-order thread has been so much fun in years past, so I'm pleased to be back here. I've just "prepared" for the pre-order of a 128 GB 14 Pro in Space Black. I have my alarm set for 4:50 AM, so I can finalize the pre-order. I'm excited to be here!

Screenshot 2022-09-08 122543.png

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Hello, all! We're back again this year! This pre-order thread has been so much fun in years past, so I'm pleased to be back here. I've just "prepared" for the pre-order of a 128 GB 14 Pro in Space Black. I have my alarm set for 4:50 AM, so I can finalize the pre-order. I'm excited to be here!

View attachment 2053871
Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: three

View attachment 2053871
Woo hoo! Welcome aboard! Congratulations!!! Nice iPhone there!

• Love
Reactions: three
I firmly believe that these pre-order threads are one of the happiest places on the internet.
You got that right! 100%, if you are not in it. You are missing out big time. So happy that you are here with us. What do you think is going to happen tomorrow! šŸ˜±

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
Iā€™m definitely going out of my comfort zone. I have a S4 aluminum 44mm, so 49mm on the ultra is going to be bigger but fingers crossed it donā€™t look too big.

Now I'm second guessing myself....wondering if I should cancel my S8 45 while I still have the chance, and get the Ultra with the Starlight Alpine Loop, which I can still get for 9/23 delivery........aaaggghhh!! o_O

I got pre-approval for iUP and I do see a charge on my discover card. But of course I'm sure they are doing to test that there is enough credit on the account i suppose. But these do get dropped.
I don't think that's an official charge tho. Just a "test' maybe?

Now I'm second guessing myself....wondering if I should cancel my S8 45 while I still have the chance, and get the Ultra with the Starlight Alpine Loop, which I can still get for 9/23 delivery........aaaggghhh!! o_O
Go with the Apple Watch Ultra! It's a beast!!! You get more for your $$$ Plus longer battery life. I was debating yesterday too but I like a bigger screen. So, Ultra Watch it is.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Don't cancel. Employ TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—'s strategy - get both and return the one you don't want.

Last edited:

danipersing

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Greenacres, WA
Go with the Apple Watch Ultra! It's a beast!!! You get more for your $$$ Plus longer battery life. I was debating yesterday too but I like a bigger screen. So, Ultra it is!

OK! I did it! I cancelled. Ordered the Ultra, delivery 9/23

Don't cancel. Employ @TheYayAreaLiving's strategy - get both and return the one you don't want.

Here's my game plan. I try the Ultra, and I if I don't like it, I'll return it for the S8. I'm not flush with cash the way @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— apparently is šŸ¤£

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Sad message but I think Iā€™m leaving the group for this year. :(

I visited the Apple Store to try out a Pro Max one last time before pre-ordering tomorrow, and it reminded me why I got so tired of my XS Max, which was smaller than the Pro Maxes. I find it straining and uncomfortable just to swipe right to go back. My hand got fatigued after a couple minutes of one-handed used. Also, Dynamic Island is super cool, but wow, I forgot how tall Pro Max displays were. Itā€™ll be super inconvenient whenever you want to swipe or hold down on it.

I could justify upgrading two years in a row if I had a change in form factor (larger display and battery going from a Pro to Pro Max), but I canā€™t justify it going from a Pro to a Pro. And I forgot how much I donā€™t like having to handle a huge phone on a day to day basis.

Enjoy your new phones yā€™all! You deserve them and will enjoy them more than me. :)

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Sad message but I think Iā€™m leaving the group for this year. :(

I visited the Apple Store to try out a Pro Max one last time before pre-ordering tomorrow, and it reminded me why I got so tired of my XS Max, which was smaller than the Pro Maxes. I find it straining and uncomfortable just to swipe right to go back. My hand got fatigued after a couple minutes of one-handed used. Also, Dynamic Island is super cool, but wow, I forgot how tall Pro Max displays were. Itā€™ll be super inconvenient whenever you want to swipe or hold down on it.

I could justify upgrading two years in a row if I had a change in form factor (larger display and battery going from a Pro to Pro Max), but I canā€™t justify it going from a Pro to a Pro. And I forgot how much I donā€™t like having to handle a huge phone on a day to day basis.

Enjoy your new phones yā€™all! You deserve them and will enjoy them more than me. :)
Maybe next year.

Reactions: 5105973 and xxray
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.