Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Sad message but I think I’m leaving the group for this year. :(

I visited the Apple Store to try out a Pro Max one last time before pre-ordering tomorrow, and it reminded me why I got so tired of my XS Max, which was smaller than the Pro Maxes. I find it straining and uncomfortable just to swipe right to go back. My hand got fatigued after a couple minutes of one-handed used. Also, Dynamic Island is super cool, but wow, I forgot how tall Pro Max displays were. It’ll be super inconvenient whenever you want to swipe or hold down on it.

I could justify upgrading two years in a row if I had a change in form factor (larger display and battery going from a Pro to Pro Max), but I can’t justify it going from a Pro to a Pro. And I forgot how much I don’t like having to handle a huge phone on a day to day basis.

Enjoy your new phones y’all! You deserve them and will enjoy them more than me. :)
It would make sense for you to go with the iPhone Pro model only. Go to this website below. It’s a stellar iPhone. That 48MP camera will be amazing! Go beyond!

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
It would make sense for you to go with the iPhone Pro model only. Go to this website below. It’s a stellar iPhone. That 48MP camera will be amazing! Go beyond!

I love your encouragement and positive energy lol. Thanks for being the leader in all this as always. :)

I love your encouragement and positive energy lol. Thanks for being the leader in all this as always. :)
Thank you so now tell us which iPhone Pro model will you be ordering. Secure the bag right now! Live with no regrets. Life is too short. Money comes, money goes. Time is ticking. Treat yourself and be amazed. (The reason why I’m saying this is because I’ve been upgrading since 2008 back to back, did not miss a year) I’m beyond proud of myself. You should be too.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Sad message but I think I’m leaving the group for this year. :(

I visited the Apple Store to try out a Pro Max one last time before pre-ordering tomorrow, and it reminded me why I got so tired of my XS Max, which was smaller than the Pro Maxes. I find it straining and uncomfortable just to swipe right to go back. My hand got fatigued after a couple minutes of one-handed used. Also, Dynamic Island is super cool, but wow, I forgot how tall Pro Max displays were. It’ll be super inconvenient whenever you want to swipe or hold down on it.

I could justify upgrading two years in a row if I had a change in form factor (larger display and battery going from a Pro to Pro Max), but I can’t justify it going from a Pro to a Pro. And I forgot how much I don’t like having to handle a huge phone on a day to day basis.

Enjoy your new phones y’all! You deserve them and will enjoy them more than me. :)
Damn, sad to hear you're leaving us. You gotta do what you gotta do, though. If you're sure the Pro won't work either, then hope to see you here next year, friend.

Converted my physical sim to eSim today (Verizon). Was a pretty easy process on their website.

Hopefully it's easy to transfer to a new phone next week. Didn't want to have to deal with that on iPhone release weekend when surely many people will be activating eSims for the first time.
When you do that what happens to your old sim? Does it become deactivated? I wonder if prices of iPhone Sim Tray's value will go up now 😂

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Damn, sad to hear you're leaving us. You gotta do what you gotta do, though. If you're sure the Pro won't work either, then hope to see you here next year, friend.
Thank you for the nice message. :) You all are an awesome group of people. I hope to see you all next year too… or maybe in a few hours if I convince myself to get a Pro instead. ;)

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
When you do that what happens to your old sim? Does it become deactivated? I wonder if prices of iPhone Sim Tray's value will go up now 😂

Yes, for a couple of minutes after I added eSim through Verizon's website (they give you a QR code to scan with your phone camera), I didn't have any service. That was during the eSim activation. I took the SIM card out at that point.

MaxPower49

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2008
I'm a Verizon customer and planning to order the black Pro, 256gb. Haven't done a launch day order in a while.. has it historically been easier to order from Apple or Verizon? I do have an 11 pro I want to trade in.

Just looking for what will be easiest and most likely to get a phone as soon as possible. I have a trip coming up and want it before then for the better camera.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
So just watched MKBHD's review and I really liked how the Deep Purple seemed to shift from almost midnight to a deep electric blue-violet to a deep lavender. I'm so IN!
Yessssss, love when it is almost blue
I thought it was the girth that mattered... 😁
This is the forum I know and love 🤣
Exactly even with the flight tracking the last few years. Cool that she put all the instructions in the main post already
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 can set these threads up in her sleep at this point
I agree. Not sure how it's going to pan out this year with the political tensions with the US and China import/export business.
I think its going to be fine.
All the MagSafe cases regardless of brand will have the circle on the back, I think. If you don't use any MagSafe accessories, it won't matter.

However, ALL clear cases will eventually yellow, no matter what their marketing says. I've tried every single one over the years, and they all yellow over time.
Thats why I just buy the cheapies

Thank you for the nice message. :) You all are an awesome group of people. I hope to see you all next year too… or maybe in a few hours if I convince myself to get a Pro instead. ;)
I’m gonna see you at 5:00 AM PST. Better be ready which color you will be ordering. They’re going to be back-ordered. Good luck!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Yes, for a couple of minutes after I added eSim through Verizon's website (they give you a QR code to scan with your phone camera), I didn't have any service. That was during the eSim activation. I took the SIM card out at that point.
Weird they gave you a QR code.

For me, I'm currently Verizon as well and I simply sign into my account and from here activate on an existing line, and I simply entered my IME2 and was able to activate my iphone this way without the QR code.

Could be different for everyone i suppose?

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.05.54 PM.png

BradLA

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2016
Los Angeles, CA
FWIW, I bought the clear MagSafe Apple case for my iPhone in February this year, and have used it every day since. It doesn't appear to have yellowed at all.

It does have some cracks/damage to the case, at the top and bottom, from when I've dropped the phone.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
This is white! Why does Apple keep calling it silver. Silver to me is iPhone 1 or 6.
Totally agree
Love the combination. Great choice. Order yourself an Apple Watch ultra as well?

View attachment 2053826
Tim Apple should really pay you commission

I know what would work, a Sharpie!... But maybe your right. They can't get it all black because of the frosted glass. It's heavily tempered.

H-286BL
A black sharpie has deep purple undertones, just saying

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.