Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Hmm... This is a good color case. Brings nothing but royalty and peace. Why do I feel 10X richer just looking at this? Even tho, I'm not.

653563da-2a07-4131-a280-5191eebfbfa7-jpeg.2053914

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
How's the phone after those drops?

And how's the slip factor on that thing? I tried it for like a day or two and thought whoa, slippery. Does it get more grippy or less slippy?

I take good care of my phones and have never hurt a phone in all my years -- it could happen any day. Always used Apple silicone cases, but they don't have white. Was thinking the clear case might let me have my white phone.

Anything in your wisdom to help?
I have the same one on my 13 ProMax. Not slippery for me grips well

Reactions: happy orchard

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Looking at the preorder options, I am currently T-Mobile and will be trains an iPhone in. My options are to add this new one to my T-Mobile account or get an unlocked phone to use on any carrier. If I choose the T-Mobile option can I later move to another network? Or should I choose unlocked no network when buying and set up later on T-Mobile ?

Reactions: webbuzz

Pink2

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2020
Can some answer this: I am going through the pre order process and selecting AppleCare if I select the two year option can I renew when it expires? If I select the monthly option does that go indefinitely until cancelled if I can’t renew?

Reactions: CarolG and webbuzz
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 Excellent work on the starting post of this thread, lots of good info.

I have two iPhones ready for preorder:

iPhone 14 Pro Max Space Black.
iPhone 14 Purple.
Thank you. Welcome aboard! Glad, you read through it. I appreciate that.

Woo hoo! Two brand-new iPhones! Good luck to you tomorrow. Hopefully, you get a launch-day delivery. Let's goooo!

• Love
Reactions: CarolG and Brad7

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
And remember that all US models are ESIM only

if you have physical sim you can see if you can convert you physical sim over to a ESIM

Settings
Cellular
Then
Tap on you plan - down at the bottom if you see convert to esim- that is how you convert a physical sim to a esim

I did on my unlocked iPhone 12 Pro max and I have AT&T Service and it went very well

and remember ESIMs are linked to Apple IDs so they should be easier to transfer over to a new phone

I don't know it will work for Verizon phones since my mom and dad are on verizon and and my dad has a 10s and my mom has 12 Pro and I check there phones won't let you convert you physical sim over to a esim

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
Looking at the preorder options, I am currently T-Mobile and will be trains an iPhone in. My options are to add this new one to my T-Mobile account or get an unlocked phone to use on any carrier. If I choose the T-Mobile option can I later move to another network? Or should I choose unlocked no network when buying and set up later on T-Mobile ?
As long as you pay full price it is unlocked and you can switch to another carrier.

And remember that all US models are ESIM only

if you have physical sim you can see if you can convert you physical sim over to a ESIM

Settings
Cellular
Then
Tap on you plan - down at the bottom if you see convert to esim- that is how you convert a physical sim to a esim

I did on my unlocked iPhone 12 Pro max and I have AT&T Service and it went very well

and remember ESIMs are linked to Apple IDs so they should be easier to transfer over to a new phone

I don't know it will work for Verizon phones since my mom and dad are on verizon and and my dad has a 10s and my mom has 12 Pro and I check there phones won't let you convert you physical sim over to a esim
Thank you! I have AT&T and how come I’m not seeing E-sim option?

Attachments

• 1662670677108.jpeg
    1662670677108.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Wow
Reactions: BigMcGuire
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.