Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
I know what about work, a Sharpie!... But maybe your right. They can't get it all black because of the frosted glass. It's heavily tempered.

H-286BL
Lol that would work! They’ll probably get it to be all black once they change up the design…whenever that is.

Spizike

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
Started my pre-order for tomorrow for the 14 Pro Max in the purple color. I decided to try the Apple Card Monthly Installments (because why not). Is anyone familiar with it? Btw, I already have the Apple Card just hardly ever use it.
Yeah I use it for my Apple Watch and recently added my wife’s iPad to it.

Basically it’s a set monthly installment that sits as a full balance on your cc. It charges every month and is included in your required monthly minimum payment.

The downfall (IMO) is that you can’t simply pay it off early.. you have to pay off your regular balance, and then pay it off. And if you have multiple Apple Card installments, you can’t pick which one you pay off? It just sort of asks how much you want to put towards the total of your balances. Idk. Weird.

jtrue28

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2015
Lexington, KY
I converted to eSIM with T-Mobile and it can take up to two hours to go into effect while you don’t have service during the transition.
Curious about this. I have 1 eSIM now and 1 SIM card installed. Obviously that won’t work in the new phone. Hopefully that eSIM conversion when transferring phones goes smoothly. It’s a secondary number I don’t use, so no big deal. Also on TMobile.

Reactions: cswx

xchellz

macrumors regular
Sep 26, 2015
Yeah I use it for my Apple Watch and recently added my wife’s iPad to it.

Basically it’s a set monthly installment that sits as a full balance on your cc. It charges every month and is included in your required monthly minimum payment.

The downfall (IMO) is that you can’t simply pay it off early.. you have to pay off your regular balance, and then pay it off. And if you have multiple Apple Card installments, you can’t pick which one you pay off? It just sort of asks how much you want to put towards the total of your balances. Idk. Weird.
Hmmmm… that’s what I was wondering about. I don’t plan to pay it over 2 years. More like a month lol. However, this will be the only thing on my card so I wonder if I can pay early on it easier.

Hmmmm… that’s what I was wondering about. I don’t plan to pay it over 2 years. More like a month lol. However, this will be the only thing on my card so I wonder if I can pay early on it easier.
I would just use the Apple Card. That way you can pay it back within 30 days of your closing statement and you get Apple Cash "Cash back" as well.

Spizike

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
Yeah just charge it to your Apple Card and pay it off in 30 days.

If you hold a 0 balance and no other financed purchases on your Apple Card it shouldn’t be an issue… but charging direct to your Apple Card as one purchase may be the best option here.

dmdcash

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2017
Pre-ordering (not one up) says I will be charged today (paying in full), but I would like to redeem a gift card tomorrow. Which should I choose to pay? I intend to pay it off, but would like to apply the gift card I have on top of the trade in they already are accepting.

Does anyone know when Apple charges you when you choose to preorder and pick up in store?
Charges usually occur on Sundays. You will see a pending charge on your statement. Some may get lucky to see the charge on Saturday evening, PST time. Here is an example from last year. This was on Saturday. But I didn't see an actual charge till Sunday. In some cases, it’s almost instant. But you will see a pending charge right away.

1662665083075.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: svish
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.