Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Spizike

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2018
I just remembered this group from last year, and thought to check it out again. Y'all are already 46 pages in and it hasn't even been 24 hours.
Every year I get a new iPhone I come back for this thread.

Always feels like @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 is driving us on a bus following planes in the sky, and she’s the most ecstatic tour bus driver I’ve ever seen. Lol

Comparable to Chris Farley’s energy in Billy Madison if he wasn’t ever angry

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Yes sir! I actually got myself in the Department of Aviation. After applying 25+ times and 15 rejections later. 5 years later, I finally got in. I never gave up It's my dream job. I work for LAS Harry Reid International Airport now. I love it here! I even gave up my previous job with the Police department to get into Aviation.
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. 🥳

Yes sir! I actually got myself in the Department of Aviation. After applying 25+ times and 15 rejections later. 5 years later, I finally got in. I never gave up It's my dream job. I work for LAS Harry Reid International Airport now. I love it here! I even gave up my previous job with the Police department to get into Aviation.
Nevermind... I applied 65 times before getting in. Crazy!

1662648386801.png

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
@rjjacobson You didn't change your mind about the color did you?
Nope still going with the Space Black. I had the graphite before and sorta like it. I am a purple fan in colors but two things affected my choice. 1) The purple being a significantly different new choice and leading to it maybe being the first one slipping in ship dates. 2) Lately have liked the graphite last two so just went to this darker version which made my choice easier.

Reactions: Shadowbech

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
With inflation and everything is expensive. I feel guilty and terrible ordering 2 iPhones. I think I should only order one. The best way to go about it is to go with your 1st choice of color. That's going to help many people which colors to go with.
Yes since I will be waiting anyway, I want to go see Black and Purple in person and decide between them. Although I will just end up getting whichever comes available first anyhow most likely

ant the ninja

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2012

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Note on last year and preparation for this order to hopefully allow a first day delivery ;-)

1). Payment issues and getting into app
A) if my so called quick pre set order takes longer like last year (10 minutes to get in plus ever after loan approval the dam app asked for my card info again what the F??) then I do want to be ready with card out his time (was in other room last year LOL) and such.
B)I also had my Apple Pay updated this year with the same card I use (new version with expiration date three years from now, and new security code). And when I did the pre preparation the loan part went though quick. Maybe this year the damn store/app will not want me to re-enter card info like last year which took several more minutes and I watched my phone go from opening day to 2 week delay in that extra time.

2) My preparation also included my choice of my two favorite colors (deep purple vs space black) I chose space black because if I am guessing right there will be more 1TB space black available than deep purple I might stand a chance of opening day unlike last several years. But that did not work well last year graphite 1TB was out past opening day by time my connection got me in 10 minutes past hours

3) Final ideas (really a question) I have also wondered if I could get better 5G reception of having my 13 ProMax on rather than Comcrap Wifi which I will leave on iPad obviously would help phone get in faster via AT&T cell ? Unfortunately I get better signals outside of house with siding. Trying to be really prepared for tomorrow to negate any delays my internet throws at me. I have wondered where the delay is in my Apple Store app on iphone and ipad which I have going at same time, but the first hurdle after my Apple Wifi is the Comcast modem/internet which goes to Chicago and then to Apple Store serivers. Just some thoughts and questions if anyone has suggestion it seems that it takes me 5-10 minutes to always get in these years and wondering what I can do to speed this up????

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yes, they do. It's the UPS shipping that takes place on a working day when the scan starts to go through the system.
And the Chinese Customs work as part of the phones travel out of Foxconn through UPS. Those can get us those 3 plus days delays depending on how things work. I do worry given the political tensions with US and China if this will slow things down hopefully not (yep already worrying and I have not even done the final click for tomorrow yet LOL)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.