Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

pilotpat

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2015
Nebraska, USA
Got the "pre" pre order ready yesterday. Was going to go with silver, canx this am and started a new one for black. Assuming that has no impact on when the order actually goes through?
It won't because you will still have to finish the order. Just don't have to go through all of the selection steps. Just log in, confirm and go.

IconIc215

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Got the "pre" pre order ready yesterday. Was going to go with silver, canx this am and started a new one for black. Assuming that has no impact on when the order actually goes through?
These getting ready for the preorder is nothing more than saving your configuration to your cart so its faster checkout. You can change it as many times as you want as it will have no impact until you actually checkout when the preorder opens tomorrow morning. Its not like doing it now is reserving your phone its just making your life easier trying to checkout along with the high traffic on the website or app.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I am so ready. Upgrading from a Xs Max, this camera is what I have been waiting for and part of what kept me from getting the 13 Pro Max.

View attachment 2053202
Life changing!
The wife, and I, are upgrading from the iPhone 8 Plus. o_O
Even more life changing!
I absolutely don’t need a new IPhone my 12 pro is still enough for me… (even though the battery sucks but still shows 85% health)

But I love the dynamic island and I think I like the new purple color…

I guess if I‘ll stay up to date with this thread I‘ll end up with a new phone… (I fondly remember last years MacBook Pro thread…)

But I would wanna trade in my old phone in person so I can’t preorder… so I‘ll miss out on the fun here…tracking my own phone… and I am from Europe anyways… but it’s way more fun in the US threads…

I am just so torn…
Do it!
Order the phone Friday, wait and get it by next Friday.

seriously? A post about watching your iPhone travel. Place the order and wait for it. It will arrive the following Friday.
Where is the fun in that?
U.K. friend lurking - seems like the most popular handset in our thread is between the Pro and Pro Max both in Space Black, with the standard Pro just edging it. What seems to be the verdict state-side?

I'm personally leaning towards the purple but undecided between Pro and Pro Max (have the current 13 PM but feel its display is a false economy as it doesn't take advantage of it).
Welcome to the dark side of the forums-where sleep is overrated
24 more hours till preorder time and the madness begins!
In this thread the madness has already begun

np08

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2022
Anyone have past experience with Totallee cases? Wanting to get the frosted black case for Space Black.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
Oh man, I didn’t know that. That means we won’t see any tracking until Sunday ( in the U.S) which will me Monday in China. I really hope one of us gets lucky and tracking shows up on Saturday, there’s hope.
I'm too lazy to go back and research prior years, but this seems to be a pretty tight turnaround as far as preorders-orders-delivery date. Do you suppose any pallets are already shipped and ready to be part and parceled out from SDF?Apple warehouses?
Went to bed set on Space Black. Woke up wanting purple. Ugh! I seriously may just buy both and return one.
The struggle is real!
I am going with purple because of several reasons. First, I love purple. Second, it looks great in the pictures. Third, it is the color of my favorite college sports team, the Furman Paladins. I figure that I will not grow tired of it before I order another phone next year.
I went with the silver last year and by July I was kinda bored with it. To me that is the beauty of IUP. I can tough it out with any color for a year.
He should have done it with more conviction. By eliminating SIM card trays on all iPhone 14 devices. Not just the USA market. 💝
This is a great point, honestly. Maybe its a security thing for some countries/carriers?

Not sure if that's true - I actually went ahead and converted my 12 Pro to esim this morning - pretty straightforward.
Thank you for posting this article. I think it's better to convert to esim now because after the pre-order iPhone arrives. It will be a total madness with the activations of the new iPhone.

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Dear Tim Cook,
Why you remove physical sim tray on USA models? Now I can no longer use my iPhone 14 PM in many countries that don’t offer eSim support for prepaid customers. If your objective was to force carriers globally to implement eSim technology then perhaps you should have removed the physical sim tray in more markets.

Kind regards

An iPhone lover
I feel the same way. I guess I can travel with my iPhone 6S? Or, maybe Asia will start supporting eSIM for prepaid accounts? 😔

Went to bed set on Space Black. Woke up wanting purple. Ugh! I seriously may just buy both and return one.
That's exactly what I was thinking of doing but then I would have to fork out a whoppingly $3400.00 for an iPhone. Oh well, It's worth it. Love and hate the relationship with the Purple. I don't want to have any regrets.

Some more examples of the colors from MKBHD’s video:
AEC9-B3-EE-EF6-C-43-F6-BE58-C8-EA948-B1351.jpg

BE7-A2-BAF-4-F35-4544-81-F9-0-CBAAD3-BB9-B0.jpg

2-FDDB04-A-E3-AD-464-B-B75-E-123-D75321-FE1.jpg
Ok, in some videos it looks like it's a lighter shade but then with different lighting, it looks dark. I think that is the problem we are having. Having to justify settling on this color.

I'm too lazy to go back and research prior years, but this seems to be a pretty tight turnaround as far as preorders-orders-delivery date. Do you suppose any pallets are already shipped and ready to be part and parceled out from SDF?Apple warehouses?

The struggle is real!

I went with the silver last year and by July I was kinda bored with it. To me that is the beauty of IUP. I can tough it out with any color for a year.

This is a great point, honestly. Maybe its a security thing for some countries/carriers?
Expect to see activity Sunday evening in US time. Monday morning in China time. Some of us might get lucky and the track will populate on Saturday. These are the early birds. Very rare!

Anticipation

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
(These are the good old days)
Nice post. We need more posts like these. I'm so happy you are upgrading.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
These getting ready for the preorder is nothing more than saving your configuration to your cart so its faster checkout. You can change it as many times as you want as it will have no impact until you actually checkout when the preorder opens tomorrow morning. Its not like doing it now is reserving your phone its just making your life easier trying to checkout along with the high traffic on the website or app.
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 I was going to say you might want to add this to the sticky at the beginning of this thread, but we all know nobody goes back and reads that anyways 🤦‍♀️
Ok, in some videos it looks like it's a lighter shade but then with different lighting, it looks dark. I think that is the problem we are having. Having to justify settling on this color.
I think its going to be like the blue last year where it looks almost gray/silver sometimes and frosty purple other times. At least as far as cases you only have to coordinate with the camera bump color. My head hurts thinking of trying to coordinate a case to the back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.