Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I wonder if this is specific to ios 16? I know when I was on ios 15, there wasn't that option but since i'm on ios 16 (beta) it shows the option to transfer it to another phone.
My iPhone 12 Pro Max is on iOS 15 and it worked.

ETA: You’re correct about transferring from one iPhone to another iPhone, which requires iOS 16.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
That’s strange.

Convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone​

You can convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone, if your carrier supports it. Follow these steps:
  1. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular.
  2. Tap Convert to eSIM.
    If you don't see Convert to eSIM, your carrier doesn't support this option. Contact your carrier to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code.
  3. Tap Convert Cellular Plan.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212780

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
I must have missed this small detail. No physical SIM cards on USA models ? Bummer , since the UK pay as you go ( prepaid) is primarily physical SIM card based.

Wonder if Tim Apple is gonna try to drag the UK into the 21st century?
I know ! I was thinking the same thing ! I’m actually leaving to Vegas for a bachelor party early morning Friday , most likely after my pre order 😂
Check in now and then so we know where to send the bail money-and buy @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 a drink!
I was originally going to go with the deep purple, but I changed my mind and switched to space black
There is still time to switch back
uhhhh.. my pre qualification is gone?.

Edit: nvm it’s in my For You tab.. but not my Home Screen anymore. It’s giving me the option to get ready again?
Same. Threw me off at first
Here's a quick Cliff Notes:

Order still processing?
Why hasn't my card been charged yet?
Yay! Shipping!
I'm in ZZ!
I've been in ZZ for three days; what's wrong?
Oh no! Bad weather in Korea?
Finally took off!
Looks like our two iPhones are sharing a martini in first class on our flight.
In Alaska!
Where does the customs clearance happen?
In Louisville!
Can I drive down and pick it up in Louisville?
Why not?
On the way to my hub!
Just landed in (place your home town here)!
Gonna pick it up at the local Apple Store.
Waiting for delivery. The UPS guy is the best!
Gonna pick it up at the hub.
UPS lost my damned iPhone!
Deceased! 😂

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
That’s strange.

You can convert a physical SIM to an eSIM on the same iPhone, if your carrier supports it. Follow these steps:
  2. Tap Convert to eSIM.
    If you don't see Convert to eSIM, your carrier doesn't support this option. Contact your carrier to move your phone number from your physical SIM to an eSIM using eSIM Carrier Activation or by scanning a QR code.
Thanks for posting this. I assume I should do this before I get my 14pm? Phone lines will be busier during launch on the 16?

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Some more examples of the colors from MKBHD’s video:
AEC9-B3-EE-EF6-C-43-F6-BE58-C8-EA948-B1351.jpg

BE7-A2-BAF-4-F35-4544-81-F9-0-CBAAD3-BB9-B0.jpg

2-FDDB04-A-E3-AD-464-B-B75-E-123-D75321-FE1.jpg

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
That’s strange.

2. Tap Convert to eSIM.
Could be specific to AT&T? Because i'm on Verizon and we don't have that option. However, there is a way to activate esim but you have to do it through your verizon account on the browser (not the verizon app).

Simply for Verizon, sign in to account. From there it's Account > My Devices > Active or Switch Device > Activate on an existing line. From there you enter IMEI2 and follow screen instructions.

sure it's not as intuitive as AT&T but it's doable.

Screen Shot 2022-09-07 at 8.05.54 PM.png

Fred Zed

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2019
Upstate NY . Was FL.
Wonder if Tim Apple is gonna try to drag the UK into the 21st century?

Check in now and then so we know where to send the bail money-and buy @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 a drink!

There is still time to switch back

Same. Threw me off at first

Deceased! 😂
He should have done it with more conviction. By eliminating SIM card trays on all iPhone 14 devices. Not just the USA market. 💝

ian-frs

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2007
ATL
I've never gone with the darker colors before always opting for silver or gold, but man that purple might sway me this year. I have both set up for preorder now, going to try and decide tonight before I go to bed. I know if I order both I'll just keep both and swap between them like a loon.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
Could be specific to AT&T? Because i'm on Verizon and we don't have that option. However, there is a way to activate esim but you have to do it through your verizon account on the browser (not the verizon app).

Simply for Verizon, sign in to account. From there it's Account > My Devices > Active or Switch Device > Activate on an existing line. From there you enter IMEI2 and follow screen instructions.

View attachment 2053519
Do you think they can just do this in store for me? I have a Verizon store 10min Away from me and I was going to run errands today anyways.

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010

View attachment 2053519
Good ole VZW.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
That’s strange.

2. Tap Convert to eSIM.
Thanks for posting this but it didn't work for me. Maybe it's because I have AT&T prepaid. I got an error message.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Do you think they can just do this in store for me? I have a Verizon store 10min Away from me and I was going to run errands today anyways.
How are you doing this and when you did the pre-approval, did you do the verizon carrier and did you had to enter your verizon account details? If that's the case, and you are picking it up, you are likely going to activate it. Lately only option would be activate later and if that's the case you can just take it home and activate it when you first boot your device.

Now if you choose as a full price and not entered any verizon account info, you are likely buying a sim-free model. I don't Apple will do this in store and in this situation, you'd just follow the instructions I posted above.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
How are you doing this and when you did the pre-approval, did you do the verizon carrier and did you had to enter your verizon account details? If that's the case, and you are picking it up, you are likely going to activate it. Lately only option would be activate later and if that's the case you can just take it home and activate it when you first boot your device.

Now if you choose as a full price and not entered any verizon account info, you are likely buying a sim-free model. I don't Apple will do this in store and in this situation, you'd just follow the instructions I posted above.
When I did pre approval, there was option to choose- activate new phone under my number. I chose Apple Card monthly financing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.