Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

beach bum

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 6, 2011
Philly
You know I'm in -- same as every other year. Still just trying to decide between Purple and Silver... The Purple is kind of growing on me.
Do you use a case and if so, do you have moments where you take the case off? I'm going for the Silver again this year, but I do not use a case. I think that the silver/white combo is too gorgeous to then cover it, although I guess if one were to use a clear case, then their color choice will still shine.

Travons

Suspended
Aug 11, 2022
I purchased this one for $15.99 and I got 5% off.

ea68fea6fa143be188c285a89176b8ac.png
Great deal and it would really make the purple 14 pro pop.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
U.K. friend lurking - seems like the most popular handset in our thread is between the Pro and Pro Max both in Space Black, with the standard Pro just edging it. What seems to be the verdict state-side?

I'm personally leaning towards the purple but undecided between Pro and Pro Max (have the current 13 PM but feel its display is a false economy as it doesn't take advantage of it).

Bobout

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2017
Apple Valley
U.K. friend lurking - seems like the most popular handset in our thread is between the Pro and Pro Max both in Space Black, with the standard Pro just edging it. What seems to be the verdict state-side?

I'm personally leaning towards the purple but undecided between Pro and Pro Max (have the current 13 PM but feel its display is a false economy as it doesn't take advantage of it).
Going purple Pro Max.. the cameras are starting to look oddly weird on the back of the Pro model, with having chubby bigger hands the Max just feels better to me …

MacAlien

macrumors 6502a
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
First time I’ll be in line on release day I’ll be in queue to get an iPhone 14 PM. It’ll be a decent update from the iPhone 12 PM that I’ve had to have replace twice to date. Hopefully it doesn’t fail or I have as many issues with the battery overheating regularly and causing more issues than needed. >.<

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Going purple Pro Max.. the cameras are starting to look oddly weird on the back of the Pro model, with having chubby bigger hands the Max just feels better to me …
Just to add, while the US hasn't seen a price increase this year - every model in the U.K. has gone up by £150 compared to last year... Weak sterling pound to the dollar 😔

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas

Seems like the purple might be more popular in this thread and Space Black is a close 2nd. I, myself, was thinking Purple, as well. I changed my mind to Space Black late last night lol

dsmill

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2013
Does anyone know if you use your Apple Card and choose to replace a phone on AT&T, does the phone come unlocked or do I need to get the unlocked version? Also, I am not using the eSim with my 13PM. Will it be hard to convert when the new phone arrives?

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Anticipation

We can never know about the days to come
But we think about them anyway
And I wonder if I'm really with you now
Or just chasin' after some finer day
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And I tell you how easy it feels to be with you
And how right your arms feel around me
But I, I rehearsed those words just late last night
When I was thinkin' about how right tonight might be
Anticipation, anticipation
Is makin' me late
Is keepin' me waitin'
And tomorrow we might not be together
I'm no prophet and I don't know nature's ways
So I'll try and see into your eyes right now
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
And stay right here 'cause these are the good old days
(These are the good old days)

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Do you use a case and if so, do you have moments where you take the case off? I'm going for the Silver again this year, but I do not use a case. I think that the silver/white combo is too gorgeous to then cover it, although I guess if one were to use a clear case, then their color choice will still shine.
Head case for not using a case, lol! Oops crap I dropped it - oh well - you have AppleCare+!

Just to add, while the US hasn't seen a price increase this year - every model in the U.K. has gone up by £150 compared to last year... Weak sterling pound to the dollar 😔
Welcome! Thank you for posting. Yeah, purple seems to be a popular color over here but many people are going back n forth and can't decide including me. The struggle is real this time with the color options. Thank god we didn't see any increase in prices. I'm shocked it went up in the U.K. tho. It's all good tho, though it's a worthy upgrade.

How's everything going in the U.K. Thread?

Last edited:

johnyslats

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2012
Yorkshire, UK
@TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 is our Enabler-in-chief.

I do believe we have surpassed the UK thread!

Where is @LFC2020?
Greetings from the UK! Not going to attempt to keep up with your thread but skimmed the last 10 pages or so. Good luck with your preorders and subsequent shipping activity (we do miss the good old days of tracking planes here in the UK)

Beautiful picture! I think I’ll be going for iPhone 14 Pro Max, 256GB, in deep purple for pre-order, BUT once it’s in my hands and I’m not feelin it for whatever reason there could be a color change in my 2 week window 😬

I’m sure it’ll be fine But I’m also going to do a pick up at my local Apple store instead of having it delivered so that way I can look at all the colors at once and make sure I made the right choice for me
Thank you! Nice game plan. Playing it safely over here. Unlike the dummy me ordering 2 iPhones just to pick on the color but I’m trying to convince myself to only order one and my heart is set on the purple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.