Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
Just copy and past that. Hopefully heā€™ll use it verbatim on September 7th 2023 when doing that cut scene about customers writing into him
I can't believe he legit made a video of people writing to him and reading the letters. So extra! How come we don't hear Samsung or Google CEOs doing that?

Ponylover52

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2022
With the Sim Tray being gone.. How do you activate the iPhone? Should I covert my iPhone to E-Sim now?
If youā€™re upgrading via your order, the new phone should seamlessly activate when you setup and your old one deactivate. They have to added something in iOS setup. Unless itā€™s changed the current method of esim transfer is tied into iCloud backups which are not always used so interesting to find out how it goes.

Deep Purple! It's dark! Thank me for not seeing dirty finger nails.

FcF81t2aQAAZdyd

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022

ThaddeusToad

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2020
I skipped last year so I was ready for today. I had my mind set on purple and got pre approved for the iPhone upgrade program. Then I got to thinking what if I donā€™t like purple haha. I went back about an hour later and did one for the silver also, hope I can make up my mind by go time.

Iā€™m giving my 12 Pro Max to my nephew itā€™ll be his first iPhone. Heā€™s got an old Note 8 now so Iā€™m sure he will love the battery life.

pre.jpg

If youā€™re upgrading via your order, the new phone should seamlessly activate when you setup and your old one deactivate. They have to added something in iOS setup. Unless itā€™s changed the current method of esim transfer is tied into iCloud backups which are not always used so interesting to find out how it goes.
Thank you!

Reactions: Ponylover52

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
With the Sim Tray being gone.. How do you activate the iPhone? Should I covert my iPhone to E-Sim now?
I wouldnā€™t bother. It should transfer automatically. What bothers me is that Verizon and all the carriers will now get to charge you an upgrade fee. Before, you wouldnā€™t get charged if you just swapped sims and bought direct from Apple unactivated. This time, however, since they have to activate the esim in the phone, be prepared for that extra charge on your next phone bill.

I wouldnā€™t bother. It should transfer automatically. What bothers me is that Verizon and all the carriers will now get to charge you an upgrade fee. Before, you wouldnā€™t get charged if you just swapped sims and bought direct from Apple unactivated. This time, however, since they have to activate the esim in the phone, be prepared for that extra charge on your next phone bill.
If they charge me extra on my next phone bill. I'm calling the carrier and will be asking for promotional credits or something. I'm sure they can just waive the fee's. Simple as that!

Tb87Bln

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2016
I absolutely donā€™t need a new IPhone my 12 pro is still enough for meā€¦ (even though the battery sucks but still shows 85% health)

But I love the dynamic island and I think I like the new purple colorā€¦

I guess if Iā€˜ll stay up to date with this thread Iā€˜ll end up with a new phoneā€¦ (I fondly remember last years MacBook Pro threadā€¦)

But I would wanna trade in my old phone in person so I canā€™t preorderā€¦ so Iā€˜ll miss out on the fun hereā€¦tracking my own phoneā€¦ and I am from Europe anywaysā€¦ but itā€™s way more fun in the US threadsā€¦

I am just so tornā€¦

JHBrown

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Southern California
I have three lines with AT&T. All lines are on the, Unlimited Premium Plan. The activation fees for all lines always get waived for me when we add new phones/devices. I verified this a few months ago by calling Customer Service when I was about to purchase an iPhone 13 Pro. So I guess it depends on the carrier, and plan you use?

Edit: I am also a, Signature Program Member. Not sure if that has anything to do with waived activation fees.

Last edited:
It's almost my bedtime. I need to catch some sleep. It has been a very long day for me. I was probably glued to this site for probably 18+ hours consecutively.

First and foremost, I would like to šŸ™šŸ» Thank everyone for being here. Today, was a very special day and all of you made it extraordinarily memorable. It was great seeing the old timers along with the new faces. I was very happy everyone chimed in and contributed. It is greatly appreciated. I also noticed we have lots of new people that will be upgrading to the new iPhone 14 with us. Rest assured, there is only one day left before the madness begins. So, get plenty of rest tonight before the storm gets here. šŸŒŖ

This year, I will try something different. I was blessed enough to travel. So, to celebrate and honor the iPhone's previous models along with the iPhone 13 Pro/Pro Max to substantially say our final goodbye'. I will be dedicating personal photos taken by me/hand-picked to this thread daily. So we can keep the momentum going and keep each otherā€™s spirits up.

Sleep well and have a good night!

@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ— out! šŸ˜“šŸ’¤

1662619594434.jpeg

Last edited:

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
I have the preorder set up for 14 Pro Max, 256gb, Deep Purple, Unlocked. I don't know why but I feel like that will be a popular option.
Iā€™ve been seeing lots of Purple 256gb & 512gb posts. Iā€™ve been wanting purple for so long Iā€™m happy itā€™s a popular color. More of a chance for it to return in the future. Just hope that I order fast enough to get the Friday delivery šŸ˜¬

Sir_Macs_A_Lot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2020
@Sir_Macs_A_Lot Whatā€™s the news? Havenā€™t seen your post on here. Are you planning on upgrading your iPhone?
I'm conflicted. I was set to upgrade my 13 (which I love) to the 14 Plus cuz I want a bigger screen. Then Apple comes out of nowhere with this 'Island' for the Pro models...but I don't really need the Pro model and not sure I can justify buying the Pro Max (even with the $470 Trade-in value).

If I do get one this year...it has to be the Pro Max. I'll wait and see all of the wonderful things this Dynamic Island can do...then I'll decide.

buknit

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2019
United States
I am already using esim on my iPhone 13 Promax. For those using the eSim how are we going to transfer our eSim to our new iphones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.