Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

killawat

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
Trying to navigate the whole carrier upgrade process as well.

I have a 13PM in proper trade in condition (works, no scratches, taken care of, etc) and want to upgrade to the 14PM. I'm half way through my payments with VZW and their web site says I can upgrade now, but no idea how this works with my last trade in and all the oddball credits they do and such.

The whole thing is still really overly complicated....
is VZW giving you any monthly credits for your 13PM? If so you might need to serve the rest of the contract in order to get the benefit. Of course you can pay off the rest of the phone then trade it in.

ATT does this. The $1000 credit they have offered in the past is split over a two (?) year period so if you trade up early, you lose the credit.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
✉️ Once again, you are cordially invited 📨
Greetings all,

Just like that Apple just announced the new iPhone and Apple Event is about to be over shortly.

Welcome again! I hope all of you beautiful people are doing well. It’s almost that time of the year again. It’s time to place your orders for the new iPhone 14 this coming Friday. Hopefully you are ready for the madness to begin. I hope all of you have your passports ready and your mindset well prepared to start traveling internationally. The traveling restrictions have eased up so hopefully, our tracking journey will be smoother this time. Fingers are crossed and hopefully, there won't be any hick-ups with the international traveling.
Good to be back was not sure but the 48 MP camera (details) got me was not sure of just 48 MP and having images that take lots of space but looks to be much I can do with camera. The dynamic island is a good way to put my notifications out of way around the pill opening so I like that. I do not travel internationally so the going to fully esim is a security win for me. Not sure about the satellite SOS though not wanting to have to pay for the emergency feature as I am toning down lots of subscriptions these days.

Now to wait for the note from apple to do my preorder setup.

Mos Jeff

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2011
I am planning on upgrading from my iPhone 12 Pro Max which I had preordered and received on launch day. As you all know this was in November 2 years ago so I still have 2 payments remaining on my IUP.

I went ahead and paid off those last 2 payments last night so the loan would ideally close and I could preorder the 14 pro max on Friday under a new loan (and sell my old phone). The payment has posted but from what I’ve been told it could take up to 72 hours to close the loan and zero out. If it does not clear by Friday is there a way to simply open a new loan without “upgrading” and having to return my current phone? Since the loan still shows as open Apple only seems to give me the upgrade option.

wgaller

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2012
Good to be back was not sure but the 48 MP camera (details) got me was not sure of just 48 MP and having images that take lots of space but looks to be much I can do with camera. The dynamic island is a good way to put my notifications out of way around the pill opening so I like that. I do not travel internationally so the going to fully esim is a security win for me. Not sure about the satellite SOS though not wanting to have to pay for the emergency feature as I am toning down lots of subscriptions these days.

Now to wait for the note from apple to do my preorder setup.
14 P
Greetings all,

Just like that Apple just announced the new iPhone and Apple Event is about to be over shortly.

Welcome again! I hope all of you beautiful people are doing well. It’s almost that time of the year again. It’s time to place your orders for the new iPhone 14 this coming Friday. Hopefully you are ready for the madness to begin. I hope all of you have your passports ready and your mindset well prepared to start traveling internationally. The traveling restrictions have eased up so hopefully, our tracking journey will be smoother this time. Fingers are crossed and hopefully, there won't be any hick-ups with the international traveling.

View attachment 2052542

View attachment 2052543

Scheduled Dates for iPhone 14, 2022.

Event date: (Tuesday) September 7, 2022, at 10:00 AM (PST)

Pre-Order date: (Friday) September 9, 2022, at 05:00 AM (PST)

Official Launch date: (Friday) September 16, 2022 (All Day)

Place your order here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/

The iPhone 14 Movement...

Once our orders move to process we should start seeing some movement to 'Preparing For Shipment' over the weekend. This usually happens Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (PST time).

Once this happens you should be able to get details on your phone and let the tracking begin!

Here are some notes to help track orders:

If your phone status has changed to "Shipped", you can view the invoice on the Apple site.

That invoice has the serial number on it.

Go to Apple.com, then pick the ORDERS page (the little "shopping bag" icon at the far right on the home page... go to your orders page). Now, login, find your iPhone order... and click on Print All Invoices to see your shiny new iPhone serial number.

Link to track your iPhone via UPS:

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/

Tracking | UPS - United States

Track one or multiple packages with UPS Tracking, use your tracking number to track the status of your package.
www.ups.com

Detailed Tracking

Another way to find it, enter your phone number + zip:

Track your UPS shipments here using your reference number

If your phone number isn’t working for UPS tracking, use your order number but subtract the last two numbers/letters. For example: Say your order number is: W123456789, you'd put in: W1234567 - make sure to use the tracking by reference feature

✈️ Aviation Flight Information ✈️

🇨🇳 CGO>>>ANC 🇺🇸
1662562550026-png.2052231
1632720997841-png.1849585

1655274972601-png.2019359

When you see the time that your flight leaves China (make sure that the UPS or FedEx info is showing it per China time, or do the math), you can usually narrow it down

For those of you that are not familiar with doing this here's how you can check your order.

Go to UPS's website. Go to tracking. Go to track by reference number. Put the cell phone number associated with your order as the reference number. Put your ZIP Code. Put your country. Hit the track package button. If your phone has shipped it'll come up on UPS's website.

Our Main Goal is to hit the "Import Scan" from Louisville Kentucky. This is our last stopping point before we will say our final goodbyes until we all meet again next September 2023.

The story behind the famous "Import Scan" UPS: Long story short, This is a final approval scan that dictates your iPhone will arrive the next day, guaranteed!

According to UPS, The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country.

Be Aware: Common Scans Include The Following:

View attachment 2052084
Example: What our Tracking May Look Like?

This tracking below only applies to Las Vegas, Nevada. However, we will all be traveling together from (Zhengzhou, China to Lousiville, Kentucky, USA) until we see the "Import Scan" in Louisville, Kentucky. Keep in mind some of us may be left behind in China. It happens every year. (It happened to be last year and the year before). Hopefully, this won't be the case this year. After all, goes well, we will be separated to our final destination, and from there expect a final "Departure Scan" to hit your destination airport.

View attachment 2052394

View attachment 2052395

Good Luck and Safe Travels!!!

Please share your thoughts on which iPhone model you plan on pre-ordering...
Which color, size, and storage?

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone this year?

Special invitations: @ksujoel @lazyrighteye @beach bum @ratspg @julit0 @mcvaughan @Sir_Macs_A_Lot @_Spinn_ @Mt44 @Zune55 @naturalstar @hellojohnny @Flight Plan @naturalstar @SisterBlue22 @Wolfs @heyyitssusan @ksujoel @hungryteresa @ATX_wapiti @svish @LasersGoPewPew @Wxchaser @valleian @Xoterin @DianaMR @GrumpyMom @Novaoblivion @Bobout @CaptMarvel @Stlcheer @anjo10 @rixa001 @chasers @Mr. Awesome @rjjacobson @Reformed @webbuzz @PhillyGuy72 @BreakingKayfabe @Shadowbech @StaceyMJ86 @ShadowGuardian87 @Saladin12 @Jinjin @bradl @bitcloudrzr @DeepIn2U @Whistler Mac @lazyrighteye @imnotthewalrus @sideshowuniqueuser @aes80 @LFC2020 @sorgo @Leon Ze Professional @Saladin12 @UltimateSyn @Dino F @Sal09 @BugeyeSTI @planteater @ivantheipodder @sorgo @Banglazed @Wolfs @DanteHicks79 @DeepIn2U @Mr. Brightsider @allan.nyholm @Appleguy84 @JustinCymbal @asdfjkl; @macsplusmacs @Apple_Robert @Jinjin @Saladin12 @Applefunnyman @iDarth_Betar @Appleguy84 @tridley68 @Brad7 @Limeybasturd ... and of course everyone else. All are welcome here.

This thread will update periodically. Stay tuned!
yes 14 Pro Max SB 256.

I am rocking a 12 Pro Max as we speak, and I was thinking to upgrade to 14 Pro Max, but the price in Sweden is
1540 US dollars (today)😳
Is it worth it? Well...no.
Do i want it? YES!!
The 48 MP Camera and the dynamic island... the fancy word Apple gave is worth it. You won't regret it.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Greetings all,

View attachment 2052542

View attachment 2052543

Scheduled Dates for iPhone 14, 2022.

Event date: (Tuesday) September 7, 2022, at 10:00 AM (PST)

Pre-Order date: (Friday) September 9, 2022, at 05:00 AM (PST)

Official Launch date: (Friday) September 16, 2022 (All Day)

Place your order here: https://www.apple.com/iphone/

Current Line iPhone 14 Pro & iPhone Pro Max Line up

View attachment 2052585

The iPhone 14 Movement...

Once our orders move to process we should start seeing some movement to 'Preparing For Shipment' over the weekend. This usually happens Saturday evening or Sunday afternoon (PST time).

Once this happens you should be able to get details on your phone and let the tracking begin!

Here are some notes to help track orders:

If your phone status has changed to "Shipped", you can view the invoice on the Apple site.

That invoice has the serial number on it.

Go to Apple.com, then pick the ORDERS page (the little "shopping bag" icon at the far right on the home page... go to your orders page). Now, login, find your iPhone order... and click on Print All Invoices to see your shiny new iPhone serial number.

Link to track your iPhone via UPS:

https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_US&requester=ST/

Tracking | UPS - United States

Track one or multiple packages with UPS Tracking, use your tracking number to track the status of your package.
www.ups.com

Detailed Tracking

Another way to find it, enter your phone number + zip:

Track your UPS shipments here using your reference number

If your phone number isn’t working for UPS tracking, use your order number but subtract the last two numbers/letters. For example: Say your order number is: W123456789, you'd put in: W1234567 - make sure to use the tracking by reference feature

✈️ Aviation Flight Information ✈️

🇨🇳 CGO>>>ANC 🇺🇸
1662562550026-png.2052231
1632720997841-png.1849585

1655274972601-png.2019359

When you see the time that your flight leaves China (make sure that the UPS or FedEx info is showing it per China time, or do the math), you can usually narrow it down

For those of you that are not familiar with doing this here's how you can check your order.

Go to UPS's website. Go to tracking. Go to track by reference number. Put the cell phone number associated with your order as the reference number. Put your ZIP Code. Put your country. Hit the track package button. If your phone has shipped it'll come up on UPS's website.

Our Main Goal is to hit the "Import Scan" from Louisville Kentucky. This is our last stopping point before we will say our final goodbyes until we all meet again next September 2023.

The story behind the famous "Import Scan" UPS: Long story short, This is a final approval scan that dictates your iPhone will arrive the next day, guaranteed!

According to UPS, The shipment has cleared import procedures in the receiving country.

Be Aware: Common Scans Include The Following:

View attachment 2052084
Example: What our Tracking May Look Like?

This tracking below only applies to Las Vegas, Nevada. However, we will all be traveling together from (Zhengzhou, China to Lousiville, Kentucky, USA) until we see the "Import Scan" in Louisville, Kentucky. Keep in mind some of us may be left behind in China. It happens every year. (It happened to be last year and the year before). Hopefully, this won't be the case this year. After all, goes well, we will be separated to our final destination, and from there expect a final "Departure Scan" to hit your destination airport.

View attachment 2052394

View attachment 2052395

Good Luck and Safe Travels!!!

Please share your thoughts on which iPhone model you plan on pre-ordering...
Which color, size, and storage?

Are you going to upgrade your iPhone this year?

Special invitations: @ksujoel @lazyrighteye @beach bum @ratspg @julit0 @mcvaughan @Sir_Macs_A_Lot @_Spinn_ @Mt44 @Zune55 @naturalstar @hellojohnny @Flight Plan @naturalstar @SisterBlue22 @Wolfs @heyyitssusan @ksujoel @hungryteresa @ATX_wapiti @svish @LasersGoPewPew @Wxchaser @valleian @Xoterin @DianaMR @GrumpyMom @Novaoblivion @Bobout @CaptMarvel @Stlcheer @anjo10 @rixa001 @chasers @Mr. Awesome @rjjacobson @Reformed @webbuzz @PhillyGuy72 @BreakingKayfabe @Shadowbech @StaceyMJ86 @ShadowGuardian87 @Saladin12 @Jinjin @bradl @bitcloudrzr @DeepIn2U @Whistler Mac @lazyrighteye @imnotthewalrus @sideshowuniqueuser @aes80 @LFC2020 @sorgo @Leon Ze Professional @Saladin12 @UltimateSyn @Dino F @Sal09 @BugeyeSTI @planteater @ivantheipodder @sorgo @Banglazed @Wolfs @DanteHicks79 @DeepIn2U @Mr. Brightsider @allan.nyholm @Appleguy84 @JustinCymbal @asdfjkl; @macsplusmacs @Apple_Robert @Jinjin @Saladin12 @Applefunnyman @iDarth_Betar @Appleguy84 @tridley68 @Brad7 @Limeybasturd ... and of course everyone else. All are welcome here.

This thread will update periodically. Stay tuned!
Love the purple intro, very fitting!

I'm so excited for the purple color. It's going to be so pretty. When are we thinking that the iUP renewal emails will go out? Probably later today? Normally, the cut off is the evening before the actual start.
Isn't that the color you wanted last year or something? I swear I remember you talking about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.