Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I don’t know if this is helpful, but whenever I have bought a new phone, I always set it up as new and then sign into my iCloud to bring all my contacts and photos over. I like to start totally fresh with the software. If there were any issues in your software, that could potentially come over to the new device. I learned about that when I worked for Apple years ago, so maybe that’s changed, but I just do it all new and let iCloud bring over the important stuff.

I read about that somewhere.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Finally got the arrival scan for my phone and watch- they are in my state. I think I was kind of right it was on A truck from from Kentucky to Virginia since it left Ky at 3:41 pm and got here at 1:51 am. I think it was in the truck the driver Picked up the stud drive couple hours then took A scheduled break then continue driving so that is like 10 hrs and 10 minutes drive if the driver took his break. since it’s only 8 hours from KY to VA

Mine went to Laurel at 2:46am and now it finally arrived in Landover at 3:50am. The last stop before delivery

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Whatever works for you is best. :)

I have to start off fresh because my phone is jailbroken, and I don’t want anything to come with it. iCloud have my important data, and I have all day to restore. I’m off Sunday, so I can finish setting it up then.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I may end up going dark tomorrow - there's gonna be so much new to me, it may take me a while to set things up lol

I know I won’t be on for the whole weekend probably once I get mine. I’m still on iOS 14.1, so iOS 16 will be a huge upgrade for me. I’ve never skipped upgrading iOS since 2011.

Reactions: Brad7

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
I think they preload them for the morning. I see that fedex as well. Allows them to hop in the truck and get going and not have to wait for them to load in the morning

From my understanding, UPS drivers don’t load their trucks. There are other workers who load their trucks. Also at Christmas time, a lot of them have a second person with them to help deliver. I’m a letter carrier and have to load my own truck and case my own route, so I’m super jealous that they don’t load their own trucks.

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Finally got my confirmation that I can pick my phone up at 10am today. Now back to sleep before I have to be up to drop my kiddos off at school.

28aae42c37b04c398201bd9a79697959.png

jsmitty

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2016
NC
My silver PM must have left Louisville by truck. It took 9 hrs before the arrival scan in NC. Today’s the day! I will miss the Sierra Blue, best color since matte black.

Reactions: Catchmyvibeee
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.