Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
That purple is hitting differently each day!

FcJdgJOWAAc8Sos

happy orchard

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2020
for those up and feeling like sharing:

Do you remember your meet-cute moment with Apple?

Mine was about a year after the first iPhone was out. I'd gotten some non-Apple phone (huge freaking mistake) because I knew nothing about computers, especially Apple, but my friend had an iPhone and I was intrigued.

I asked her something like "Can you do [don't even remember what] with an iPhone?"

Her eyes got big in delight as she said, "You can run your whole life with an iPhone."

I remember staring at her over burgers and milkshakes, thinking I've never imagined anyone every saying that about a piece of technology and seeming so wowed by it.

I went out and bought my first iPhone the next morning.

• Haha
Reactions: svish and Brad7

trife

macrumors 6502a
Apr 16, 2012
Soooo how does it work if you locked in your phone choice for the iPhone upgrade program but you want to change it? Space Black sounded awesome, but that silver is calling me for some reason. Hopefully changing things won’t be too much of a hassle/delay when they go live!

Reactions: julit0

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts

Exiled212

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2022
Grundy, VA
I'm echoing that tweet's sentiment of 'whoever designed this deserves a raise' - seriously! I was just thinking about that on my way to work. I wonder if it was Alan Dye, their VP of Human Interface Design (he doesn't usually present, and he did here, so it made me think it's probably his 'baby'). So brilliant.
I agree! Marketing at it's finest! I hope it is a success for an iPhone 14.

Reactions: svish
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.