Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2014
Mine is showing this:

1ce99fa8599b2c28f05490189ba910d4.jpg

a5bc418dbcaa8ccbd43a1a0928179ceb.png

Iā€™m still going at 10am and see if itā€™s there.
i finally got the ā€˜hold for pickupā€™ status.

Reactions: Wolfs and julit0

Jez1122

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2019
URGENT QUESTION: In line for Apple Store, wanna pick up phone thatā€™s still in stock, is it possible to cancel AT&T order in line then order new phone? Or is there a waiting period? (Havenā€™t been charged yet)
Yes, there is a wait - I tried to do this with AT&T this morning and they told me they don't know how long the wait is between canceling the order and canceling the carrier contract. I didn't want to risk it so I came home and called Apple and they said it was at least 24 hours.

• Sad
Reactions: Wolfs

lesliegolf

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2008
Southern California
Hello from Victoria Gardens!

Itā€™s pretty low key here so far.

Apple person confirmed with my that there were no iPhones available online this morning for pickup and also said the person on the phone was incorrect.

They said the closest they might able to help me is 10 am or 11 and even then they are not sure. They want the line to dissipate. There is a walk up line and there are people getting iPhones today that do not have one ordered I believe. A chunk of that line just went into the store.

I got my iPad and this thread and will find a bench and see what happens the next few hours

Theyā€™re probably ones that are coming from an iPhone 11 or prior. Shocking for those šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚ not so much for us.
That could be true lol. Theyā€™re like what is this type of screen color, hahah! How do I calibrate it? Maybe it will get better overtime and the glue needs to dryā€¦ Let the speculation beginā€¦

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO
I got the email from Apple that my Trade In is in the works. But nothing about when I'll get my kit. My new iphone is out for delivery now....hopefully it comes with the phone.
In the past the trade in kits came separately. I do not THINK we will receive the kits with the phones as they came from China. I'm pretty sure the kits will be here next week in plenty of time to send the trades back.

Reactions: Wolfs and ratspg

sumiregusa

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
Yes, there is a wait - I tried to do this with AT&T this morning and they told me they don't know how long the wait is between canceling the order and canceling the carrier contract. I didn't want to risk it so I came home and called Apple and they said it was at least 24 hours.
I will say that I did the same exact thing this morning when I cancelled my AT&T order with carrier financing right before I made my Apple Store reservation for pickup tomorrow. I already had my cancellation confirmation from AT&T and the new AT&T installment agreement email from Apple right after.

Reactions: CarolG and Wolfs

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I want to watch the delivery truck, but it won't let me...oh well. Hitting refresh every few minutes and have them texting and emailing me when it is delivered...and I'm sure my neighbor will let me know as well.

Reactions: Wolfs and SoxX

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
In the past the trade in kits came separately. I do not THINK we will receive the kits with the phones as they came from China. I'm pretty sure the kits will be here next week in plenty of time to send the trades back.
Yup. Kits are separate. Mine is scheduled to deliver between 9/20-22.

Reactions: Wolfs

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
To close the loop, first thanks to everyone here who has been on this incredible week-long journey from China to our waiting hands! I couldn't have survived the stress without you. And secondly, it's a boy! #itsalwaysaboy Happy iPhone Day everyone! See ya again soon! (And now, it's on to the Apple Watch Ultra pre-order/shipping thread, so I can do this again next week!)

Attachments

• IMG_3694.jpeg
    IMG_3694.jpeg
    258 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Crap- just got a delivery exception in my watch. Darn ups. They rescheduled it for Monday. That watch sat in IN all week and the plane was late and now it wonā€™t get delivered until Monday. That sucks.
OMG! Iā€™m so sorry. Whattttt! Is there any way you can contact UPS and see if they can do anything about delivering it today? I would call UPS and see what other options are available.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Happy iPhone Day!
Hello all,

The day we all have been waiting for is finally here. This is probably one of the happiest and saddest days of my life. Today is a very special day. Friday, September 16, 2022, is the official iPhone launch day.

First and foremost, I would like to heart-fully thank all of you for being here. It is truly an honor and a privilege. Thank you so much for contributing and making meaningful posts here. Believe it or not, I read every single post on this thread. Yes, every single one of them one by one. Even during working nights, I stayed up late at night to make sure that I cover everything on this thread.

Secondly, This year will be known as a historic year. We made history. Within a short amount of time, we all came together as a family. We shared the same level of excitement, joy, desperation, the feelings, joking and laughing with each other. Now, the iPhone Launch day is here we can celebrate and cherish each other. Today, I want everyone to post pictures of their brand-new iPhones. Today will be a very busy day as we will be receiving our new iPhone. So, please stick around and support and celebrate each other.

I wanted to give a major shout-out/hats off to @Brad7. @Brad7 - Thank you so much for everything. You went above and beyond helping people out. From being able to constantly answer the same questions over and over, changing your signature lines, dealing with the Aftership app and so much more. You managed to shine thorough. I have so much respect for you! Kudos!!! Excellent job! You are Amazing! āœØ

@Wolfs - Thank you so much for everything. Thank you for being here and supporting us. Anytime I read your posts it always leads toward helping others. So, thank you! I appreciate all your help and terrific effort.

Most importantly, Thank you all for helping each other. Itā€™s pretty amazing how all of you were able to help each other out in one way or the other. All of you shine in a very different way. So, thank you for being supportive. All of you are amazing and I have so much respect for all of you. I have a whole list of people that I can give shout-outs to. But If I do that, I don't think I'll be able to catch up with the sleep for months.

Lastly, I wanted to thank every single one of you for supporting me. It truly means the world to me. I appreciate every single one of you. Thank you for making posts about me, LOL. It lifted my spirit and truly touched my heart. I, thank you for that. Without your help and effort. This thread would not even exist. I also want to clarify that this is not my thread. This is OUR thread. So, thank you for taking good care of it. You all are amazing!

After today, I seriously need to catch up with my sleep. The last time I slept properly was before the iPhone 14 pre-ordered opened up. Many of you told me to go to sleep. So, I will be sleeping like a baby tonight (After I get my iPhone) My back is hurting very badly due to sleep deprivation. It also hurts to keep my eyes open. Because I've been starring on the screen for too long. I'm due for a relaxing vacation. But rest assured, It was worth it. It was worth not sleeping for a whole week. It was "No Sleep Week till iPhone Gets Here" I had to honor that. Nothing in life comes easy.

Please stick around and come back frequently to watch other people unbox their brand-new iPhones. Let's celebrate each other until we meet again next year.

I will be unboxing my 2 brand-new iPhone 14 Pro Max 1TB. Photos will be up before noon PDT. Please stop by!

Thank you and best wishes to all of you and see you all next year!!!
@TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—

View attachment 2065990
This thread will be posted a total of 3 times today
1/3
Now I really can't hold back the tears šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­. Thank YOU for everything! This is an incredible community you have built and I never thought I'd get to be a part of such an amazing experience. All of us learn so much information from you every day and continue to be inspired by your passion. Please keep up your wonderful spirit. Also wanted to mention how much I love your morning and nightly recap posts, complete with awesome pictures, they're amazing to see as we wake up and as we go to bed.

Ok I'm rambling now. Thank you, again, and as you would say, Go Beyond!! šŸ’œ

Last edited:

iamcaseyf

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2015
I have a balance remaining on my existing device and is locked to ATT of course, if I convert to eSIM and activate the new device.. will ATT do what ATT does and then lock the new device?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.