Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
So this was the roughest upgrade I’ve done. I traded my 13 Pro in at the Apple Store, tried to set up the 14 Pro, and it couldn’t connect to T-Mobile because it needed to send the code to my 13 Pro, which was already deleted. I wound up having to drive to a T-Mobile location to get them to transfer my number over. They said I was the 5th person to come in with the issue.

Now that it’s working, I am enjoying the phone quite a bit though.
This happened to a friend of mine in Mass. too. He got it resolved, but dammmmnn.

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
So, after 3 trips to the Apple store (an hour drive each way) I am finally home with my phone. I'll save you a very long story and just say that I learned in-store pickups for iUP phones must be traded in at the store. It would have been nice if my in-store rep knew this before sending me on my way.

Not to be that douche, but why put a new person in charge of pickup orders on a launch day? I totally get they need to learn, but damn. And it definitely wasn't due to them being understaffed—there was a ton of employees, including numerous managers (my rep was constantly going over to them for help because he couldn't get past both of my orders being under one name.

But, in the end, my partner and I have our phones (plus two free chargers), which I am grateful for. The purple really is striking. Now to start obsessively tracking my AW Ultra, which is currently sitting in Jiaxing, China.
I believe you're incorrect. When I went thru the checkout process and chose a store to pick it up from I was given two choices: Turn in old phone at store or have trade in kit shipped to me.

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
Finally got it right when I was walking out the door. Had enough time to get the iCloud backup going and had to split to watch my wife play softball. I’ve been kicked out of the game for yelling at the ump (he’s awful, and clearly favors teams over ours), and I’m chillin in the car enjoying a bowl, and typing this update from my beautiful Purple monster.
Livin' the dream! That sounds like a pretty good Friday evening! Congrats!

Ryxmd

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2014
Finally got around to setting up my 14 Pro Max Space Black. Noticed a tiny chip in the bezel, on the bottom right. The bezel is darker color this time and that chip looks lighter. Very small and can’t really see unless you look directly at it. Lint and dust will eventually hid it. It doesn’t bother me but would it affect my IUP next September?

lenard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2007
Raleigh NC
Update! Originally I was 9/28-10/3. Moved to PFS earlier today and I just now got a shipped with a tracking #! Tracking details aren’t available and Apple still says the original dates. I’ll know soon enough. Anyone else see movement too? I’m curious if it’s coming from overseas or they are stateside already.
Got the same. From China

timeconsumer

macrumors 68020
Aug 1, 2008
Portland
Just finished setting up my GFs 14 PM in purple. Moving from physical SIM to eSIM was very easy on Verizon, took a few minutes. My 14 Pro is still sitting in the box (unopened), I’m having second thoughts on it as my 13 PM is still very good. May return and sit this year out. But, I’m super stoked for everyone else and the pictures of the new devices are awesome, thanks for posting them!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
So, does the AOD turn off at a certain time of night? Mine is gone and it won't come back.
If it's in sleep mode it won't be on. I'm currently testing the shortcut automation to see if this works. i have it set so that during my working hours, I will have it turned off. But when I get done with work I want it automatically turn on by itself.

JBinPDX

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2021
Well... it took a while because I had to walk the dog and make dinner before I could turn on my new purple beauty. I used the phone-to-phone transfer. While it wasn't painless, it wasn't bad. The esim transferred over, but didn't activate until I upgraded to 16.0.1. I remembered to unpair my watch first, and it paired back with no problem. Almost everything transferred over with a few annoying — but not fatal — exceptions. I've just finished logging into things, etc, and I think it's all good to go.

I'm not used to the always on display yet, or the dynamic island. But I think I like them both.

Sleix

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2003
Sacramento, CA
Okay, I just found out the hard way that I activated my phone incorrectly (and nope, it's not related to the bug fixed in 16.0.1) ...but the fun part is...one quick reset of the app later and I did right and it works great. I found that my pixel accessories (right now series-a buds and the pixel stand 2.0) work pretty much perfectly, so I'm keeping them for the time being, save me a little fund instead for an apple watch instead first. :) I'm sold so far on this, it works as intended!

MatthewStorm

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2003
Chapel Hill
If it's in sleep mode it won't be on. I'm currently testing the shortcut automation to see if this works. i have it set so that during my working hours, I will have it turned off. But when I get done with work I want it automatically turn on by itself.
Yes, apparently I had an automation that carried over I forgot about. It completely turned off the AOD.

Brad7

Cancelled
May 3, 2022
Okay, I just found out the hard way that I activated my phone incorrectly (and nope, it's not related to the bug fixed in 16.0.1) ...but the fun part is...one quick reset of the app later and I did right and it works great. I found that my pixel accessories (right now series-a buds and the pixel stand 2.0) work pretty much perfectly, so I'm keeping them for the time being, save me a little fund instead for an apple watch instead first. :) I'm sold so far on this, it works as intended!
Nice! What was the activation issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.