Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
All the above yes please šŸ¤£
Hey, you just let your freak flag fly! šŸ¤£ No judgement here!

Looks like I have about 30 pages to catch up on in here. I hope everyone is loving their new toys, and that all delivery/order issues were adequately resolved.

Have you checked it in dark mode low
Brightness and in a dark cupboard for screen uniformity?
Is this how you store your nighties?

I enjoy the engagements to see if someone is the "angel" who will make the impossible happen. When someone says "no", I look for the next person who will say, "yes". So many miracles have occurred after someone else said no.

I love being really nice to these folks, I know how hard they work and that some people are quite unpleasant when they don't get what they want. I've worked where people treated me like **** for their own stupidity, and I make sure I let people know how grateful I am that they took care of me while I was in their store.
What a fabulous post. Words to live by, and just not on iPhone day.

I drew the short straw to fly to Texas in the AM to take Wolf's Jr his phone that was accidentally delivered here, get him set up, then bring the 13P home-because if the phone was delivered here I'm guessing the IUP return box will be, too. šŸ˜’ Little out and back tomorrow, just how I wanted to spend my Saturday.

Update! It showed up @ 7:40pm. UPS Drivers apologized said he was sorry he couldn't get my iPhone to me sooner. That was really nice and has never happened before.

Initial reaction to iPhone not as black as I had hoped and camera bumps not as big as I expected... I am very happy with it. View attachment 2068721

The fact UPS driver apologized to you. What a nice UPS driver. Anyways! Congratulations!!! šŸŽˆšŸŽ‰šŸŽŠšŸ¾ best wishes,

Surf Monkey

Suspended
Oct 3, 2010
Portland, OR
Summing up: I bought the 14PM in Deep Purple, 256gig on ATT through Appleā€™s iUP program. Everything went very smoothly this time. I was up at 5:00am on order day. The pre-preorder went through at about 5:03am. The shipping on the new phone was perfect as usual. The initial tracking said to expect it from about 9-12, but it didnā€™t actually arrive until closer to 3:00pm.

The setup process was simple. Activation took a few minutes, which is clearly due to congestion on ATTā€™s side. After that the rest went exactly as expected. I did a direct data transfer from my 13PM with no hitches. It took about 35 minutes all told. After that finished and my apps were all downloaded I updated the OS and went through the settings to change a few things that revert when you set up a new device.

And thatā€™s it. Up and running. Iā€™d been on the iOS 16 beta on the 13PM, so no big surprises. The dynamic island is cool. Iā€™m going to put some time in tomorrow fiddling with the cameras.

emperormacnut

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Finally got it right when I was walking out the door. Had enough time to get the iCloud backup going and had to split to watch my wife play softball. Iā€™ve been kicked out of the game for yelling at the ump (heā€™s awful, and clearly favors teams over ours), and Iā€™m chillin in the car enjoying a bowl, and typing this update from my beautiful Purple monster.

Attachments

• CFDD6039-DD37-4361-8185-6DC1943C46B0.jpeg
    CFDD6039-DD37-4361-8185-6DC1943C46B0.jpeg
    572.9 KB · Views: 59

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
So after talking to UPS on the phone, it looks like no one knows where my phone is. One person said possibly on the truck just lost among the packages, one said on another truck, one said possibly still being authorized, and another said possibly still on pallet in the warehouse. I put a hold on the delivery so that it can be picked up today. They charged me $5.99. We shall see what happens.
So after talking to UPS on the phone, it looks like no one knows where my phone is. One person said possibly on the truck just lost among the packages, one said on another truck, one said possibly still being authorized, and another said possibly still on pallet in the warehouse. I put a hold on the delivery so that it can be picked up today. They charged me $5.99. We shall see what happens.
This really sucks. Mine disappeared between the hub and the CC, and eventually it and another iPhone were on a cart in a different building. UPS virtually ALWAYS finds these things. Still, being delayed is a bummer.

DaRaider65

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2015
Lubbock, TX
This 14 ProMax feels lighter than the 13 ProMax... at least to me, it does. Anyone else think so?
To me, the Weight seems a little different, maybe just my mind wants it to be lighter?
When got my Black phone setup, I did reset the 13pm and did delete the 2 esims. Seems no negative repercussions.
You didnā€™t go purple for KSU!

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
My UPS guy showed up at 8p. It's the latest he's ever delivered to our block. I've been following the truck all day and he's just been in the same 5-6 block radius but still took until 8p to get to me. Poor guy. I wish a had something else packaged to give him but a couple of bottles of water, a very appreciative thank you and a hope that he'd be done soon was all I was able to offer him. The UPS folks put in WORK today!

Also the easiest & smoothest transfer to a new device I've ever had. I think the Chase problem was due to their server overloading because I was able to add all my cards around 8:30 (3 chase, 1 AMEX + Apple Card). eSIM transfer to new device took less than 2 min.

ChicagoCubs

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
Update! Originally I was 9/28-10/3. Moved to PFS earlier today and I just now got a shipped with a tracking #! Tracking details arenā€™t available and Apple still says the original dates. Iā€™ll know soon enough. Anyone else see movement too? Iā€™m curious if itā€™s coming from overseas or they are stateside already.

bige12

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2009
Vienna, VA
Question, when did this pop up? I don't remember seeing it until now. View attachment 2067948

And nowhere does it say Signature Required. I worked in the express business two decades with DHL & TNT, we made sure that Signature Required was shown to receivers ahead of delivery attempts. This statement blows my mind! View attachment 2067952
If you have UPS My Choice then you wonā€™t need that - tonight it was not my normal del person

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
I am loving my iPhone PM Purple, what is everyone thinking?
Exactly what I expected. A techy, space gray/plum combo that really varies with the light. It's REALLY understated ā€” which to me is what makes it so cool. When it hits the light just right, it really surprises you with how much purple there is. For me: win-win. I'm really tempted to go cashless, but I have a Totallee clear case on it for now. Even that dims the brilliance, tho.

kmingis

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2017
NC
Might be committing heresy here....but I think I like the white/silver over the purple...
My iPhone Pro Max 13 is white/silver and it's really stunning. (I know the white this year may be slightly different ā€” still stunning.) I went for the DP this year because I like the color. But I would climb Everest for one of these in a coppery hue.

Wolfs

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2020
So I was able to do everything through iCloud once my old phone was erased and Apple Watch was downloaded it asked me if I wanted pair to my iPhone only took 10 to 15 mins to pair. I did not have to unpair from old phone at all
This is what I should have done. I tried to do all the super seekrit smart people stuff you all do and it was not beauty! I finally had to restore everything, re-pair the unpaired watch to my old phone (losing some workout info in the process) and start over. It went quick and fast via iCloud and T Mobile eSim to eSim worked like a champ. It had me update after the install on my secure network.

From now on I am just gonna do what the phone tells me to do!

tripleh3lix

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Very excited about the AirPods Pro 2 next. Though: I don't know if I want to wait till 7PM again, I like being able to pick them up early and no UPS CC nearby. Wondering if Best Buy is actually guaranteed for the 23rd like it says for pickup at the store.

Anyone trust them? Thinking of cancelling my Apple order and doing that instead if it's legit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.