Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters
It hs been a great cray journey. Thank you all!! Especialy @TheYayAreaLiving šŸŽ—
Kudos to @Brad7 @Shh @Wolfs

You guys amassing. Good nighi!

I apologize if I missed anyonešŸ™
Thank you so much! It's been real. Striving to break records over here. Wonder if we will hit 1 Million views :) We're at 700K views now I think. Thanks for all your support. Please come back for next year. Follow the journey along. iPhone Forever!

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
hows everyone liking their new phones? satisfied? iā€™m beyond pleased and pleasantly shocked how much iā€™m loving this Deep Purple.
Iā€™m wishing the deep purple wasnā€™t quite as ā€œdeepā€ but I like it. Iā€™m more than satisfied so far, the photos are better for sure!
I havenā€™t seen the island come up once.. wish it would because I havenā€™t seen it yet lol

Beck Show

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2016
U.S.A.
Iā€™m wishing the deep purple wasnā€™t quite as ā€œdeepā€ but I like it. Iā€™m more than satisfied so far, the photos are better for sure!
I havenā€™t seen the island come up once.. wish it would because I havenā€™t seen it yet lol
Make a phone call or listen to some music or start a timer and youā€™ll experience the island. Itā€™s awesome.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Make a phone call or listen to some music or start a timer and youā€™ll experience the island. Itā€™s awesome.
Ahh the island! LOL thanks! Now what heck happened to my Lock Screen.
If anyone is using or can check this astronomy screen.. why is this huge light ball suddenly showing up?
I rebooted and set a different one, came back and itā€™s still like this. It wasnā€™t before 82EE8795-8998-4580-8CC7-588EB1EE8794.png

Reactions: Wolfs

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Nice!

I could have sprung for delivery by today and pay $10 extra but I wanted to be able to do my trade-in inside the store and just get that handled. Very excited at this turn of events for both of us. :D

Iā€™ve done that twice now as itā€™s better for peace of mind itā€™s checked over and traded in then and there.

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
I went for the gold this year for the first time and I'm really liking it! It's pretty subtle- kind of a champagne color. How is everyone enjoying their new devices?!
I always got gold if it was available to buy. This year I went for the purple and I am regretting it. I miss the gold color. I have never had a dark iPhone before and it is hard for me to get used to. My first iPhone was white. The X was silver. All others have been gold. I wish this purple was a lighter brighter purple. I hope I will like it eventually. Maybe my glitzy Case Mate cases will help. I think I am the only person who is not loving this purple.

I always got gold if it was available to buy. This year I went for the purple and I am regretting it. I miss the gold color. I have never had a dark iPhone before and it is hard for me to get used to. My first iPhone was white. The X was silver. All others have been gold. I wish this purple was a lighter brighter purple. I hope I will like it eventually. Maybe my glitzy Case Mate cases will help. I think I am the only person who is not loving this purple.
No worries. This is why Apple gives us 14 days to decide. I say, get the feel for it for a week at least. If you still don't like it you can just return it and get a new color you may like. Don't settle for less. Got plenty of time to think over it. Good luck!

1663399214448.png

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
Ahh the island! LOL thanks! Now what heck happened to my Lock Screen.
If anyone is using or can check this astronomy screen.. why is this huge light ball suddenly showing up?
I rebooted and set a different one, came back and itā€™s still like this. It wasnā€™t before View attachment 2069017
Replying to myself to say now the spot has moved right a touch.. is that the sun??

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
For the handful here keeping score: got back from my gig. Itā€™s 1:20 am. And my phone is safely delivered. What a dayā€¦

Too beat to catch up with all Iā€™ve missed. But will do so tomorrow. Until then, lots of love & appreciate to you lovely freaks that have spent a week discussing and debating and tracking and questioning and sharing and supporting andā€¦ Itā€™s just so good!!!

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
Exactly what I expected. A techy, space gray/plum combo that really varies with the light. It's REALLY understated ā€” which to me is what makes it so cool. When it hits the light just right, it really surprises you with how much purple there is. For me: win-win. I'm really tempted to go cashless, but I have a Totallee clear case on it for now. Even that dims the brilliance, tho.
I wish I loved the purple like you do.

Reactions: iHeartsteve

DustinDev47

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2011
Ok do you understand it? Guess Iā€™ll have to just watch, itā€™s midnight here and itā€™s about at the top center.. Humm
The earth revolves around the sun. So the sun will be in different positions from an earthly perspective as the earth revolves around it. Same with the sun on your wallpaper.

Reactions: Chasemk27 and Laryl

CarolG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2013
Northern California
No worries. This is why Apple gives us 14 days to decide. I say, get the feel for it for a week at least. If you still don't like it you can just return it and get a new color you may like. Don't settle for less. Got plenty of time to think over it. Good luck!

View attachment 2069019

Thank you for the kind words. I hope the color will ā€œgrow on me.ā€ The Case Mate cases should help.

Laryl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2014
AZ
The earth revolves around the sun. So the sun will be in different positions from an earthly perspective as the earth revolves around it. Same with the sun on your wallpaper.
Well of course but I was just surprised and once it was said itā€™s the sun Iā€™m trying to get the perspective since at midnight itā€™s now at the top (seems odd) .. but Iā€™ll watch it. Fun little discovery :)

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
Do you use ones that come with a frame? That was a game changer for me. I installed two tonight No dust. No bubbles. Screen Protector Frames FTW!
Oh, yes, indeed. I wonā€™t attempt any without a frame. Watch the video, read instructions and letā€™s just try one more before heading to Apple Store. They often have one person all the others call upon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.