Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

MrRom92

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2021
I am really liking the 14 Pro Max so far. After spending all night going through all the settings I finally feel like I can start using it “normally.”
Oh my god is this thing loud! I didn’t realize phones could get this loud! My 11 Pro Max was whisper quiet in comparison to this lol

gaedfly

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2014
I have had 245 the past several cycles. Been plenty. This year, in prep for preordering, I had a 256 queued up the day before. That night, I started thinking about storage. I take a lot of photos/videos at the looming larger image sizes started to taunt me. I began to fret that 256 wasn’t enough. When I went to complete the transaction the following morning, at the very last second, I decided to change my order to 512. It took two taps, to change and then one tap to preorder. Represents the largest storage I’ve had on an iPhone. Prob no turning back now. lol
I went with 512 for the 13PM and now the 14PM. Don't feel like worrying I'll run of of storage, even though I have a TB of iCloud storage, worth the peace of mind. And like others have said, I love the dynamic island, much better than the useless ugly notch. For the first time I migrated everything from my 13PM instead of restoring from the encrypted backup on my computer. Took about an hour but worked fine. The only thing that didn't work properly was connecting to my WiFi network. It said it was connected but many apps said I had no internet connection. A reboot of the modem and router did the trick.

Reactions: lazyrighteye

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I have had 245 the past several cycles. Been plenty. This year, in prep for preordering, I had a 256 queued up the day before. That night, I started thinking about storage. I take a lot of photos/videos at the looming larger image sizes started to taunt me. I began to fret that 256 wasn’t enough. When I went to complete the transaction the following morning, at the very last second, I decided to change my order to 512. It took two taps, to change and then one tap to preorder. Represents the largest storage I’ve had on an iPhone. Prob no turning back now. lol
Been using 1TB since it was available. Generally use a third but with 512 I would be nervous. I have the 200 GB iCloud but like to have photos and important files locally in case of network failures ect. I take lots of photos and now want to play with raw 48 megapixels so having space will be nice

leeskizz

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2017
Woke up this morning to notification that my iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in Black has shipped, finally!

Ordered at 8:07/8:08 as soon as the Apple Store let me. Original delivery estimate was Sept. 28-Oct. 3 which has been updated since to Monday Sept. 26th as of today. However, when I checked UPS this AM it said Thursday Sept. 22nd. Yesterday my order status changed from processing to preparing to ship.

Just wanted to let any one else who has yet to receive their phone know there finally seems to be some movement!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I am really liking the 14 Pro Max so far. After spending all night going through all the settings I finally feel like I can start using it “normally.”
Oh my god is this thing loud! I didn’t realize phones could get this loud! My 11 Pro Max was whisper quiet in comparison to this lol
What is loud? Taptic keyboard and such didn’t have on 13 ProMax. It was quiet in that regard

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
View attachment 2069203
😎🤷🏻‍♂️🔥

I see you…🏝️🤷🏽‍♀️✨

9A57A706-CFC7-4C7C-B212-9386C3BB89B3.jpeg

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Silver Pro Max 1 TB is finally in the house! It's stunning and love that it is "white"....

Main phone number transfer was seamless...waiting for software to update now since I'm on the beta program...and just read the article on the main page about the GPS issue...d'oh!!

Will see if I'm affected, but good thing I don;t really NEED the GPS and have to imagine Apple is working all weekend on a fix to be issued Monday.

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Been using 1TB since it was available. Generally use a third but with 512 I would be nervous. I have the 200 GB iCloud but like to have photos and important files locally in case of network failures ect. I take lots of photos and now want to play with raw 48 megapixels so having space will be nice
Don’t get me wrong, I’d rock the 1TB if I could swing it. 😉
I’m an archivist at heart, so I’m all for as much storage as one can afford.

Last edited:

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I know people like to have their media stored locally but I had a 256 11 pro max for three years with 200 GB of iCloud storage and didn't feel I needed the 512 GB. I had access to all my music and photos and videos with no issue. The ones stored on iCloud were just like if I had them stored locally on my phone. I recommend this 256 GB and 200 iCloud storage combo to folks who want the storage but don't want to spend the extra 200 dollars. It's definitely worked out well for me and I stuck with it for my 14 pro max which is also a 256 GB.
I have 4TB cloud storage but I don’t see it doing a thing

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Wow I can’t return mine now since there not avaible anymore

• Sad
Reactions: CarolG

lazyrighteye

Contributor
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Yeah, it was anticipation of the massive file sizes that saw me bump up a level.
I have a 2TB account, so I think I should be “ok.”

I’ve yet to open my box. That looks to be the post-breakfast, pre-soccer activity for this guy. Lovely Saturday…

Last edited:

Wxchaser

macrumors P6
Oct 28, 2017
Many people are reporting their iPhone has been shipped as of yesterday. I’m happy to announce Wave 3 has officially begun. Following up with the Wave 4.

There is a Typhoon 🌀 heading towards Anchorage, Alaska. I don’t expect any delays. There’s a possibility that Wave 3/4 iPhones may change the flight route and go through either Hong Kong 🇭🇰 or Japan 🇯🇵. Time will tell.

Congratulations and happy and safe travels who are expected to receive their new iPhones next week. ✈️ 📦
FcyxXXbacAA5l5H

Deep purple is STUNNING with the sunlight shining on it.
I still have to take the Purple iPhone Outside into the real world. Can’t wait to see the reflection. Also, during stormy days I expect the Purple color to really stand out due to the stormy weather hue and lightning texture.

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Yeah, it was anticipation of the massive file sizes that saw me bump up a level.
I have a 2TB account, so I think I should be “ok.”

I’ve yet to open my box. That looks to be the post-breakfast, pre-soccer activity for this guy. Lovely Saturday…
Got mine done at 5PM last night. Quick start took hour and half. But the indexing and downloading files and such took about 3 hours. Done around 10 PM

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.