Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 14?

• Total voters

Whistler Mac

Contributor
Apr 17, 2019
I leave my phone face up while Iā€™m awake, face down when Iā€™m asleep
Thought AOD was creeping me out, so I switched it off. Couple minutes later, switched it back on 'cause I missed it.

My iPhone already lives upside down in my rear pocket. Also in cup holder riding in the car. Sitting around, face down when out of hand. Or sleeping.

Starting to occasionally sit it face up for entertainment. Dark Lock Screen essential.

1663486112137.jpeg

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Haha but I did! Lol

Iā€™ve been reading since last week and sometimes throughout work days

So yeah, is it yourself [mention]TheYayAreaLiving [/mention] that inducts in new family members with your blessing?

Reactions: iHeartsteve

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
I thought last year you were contemplating returning the 128GB for a larger capacity and then you had issues with AT&T in regards to a return due to some promo.
Yes I did wanted too but ended up keeping it.
Only phone I returned was 12 pro max since it was scratched but apple team screwed me over.

I can simply return and reorder if there in stock and itā€™s same month so I can upgrade in September.

I think I get 512 GB I will complain not getting at 1TB by the time a 2-3 TB model will be out.

Reactions: Fred Zed

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
TL;DR This is the first time Iā€™ve ever said I hated an iPhone and Iā€™m really thinking about going back to my 13PM.
F3C80854-A3AA-42EA-A8BA-726C08F5FDBD.jpeg

My first day with the 14PM was an adventure. Launch day, I noticed that the network service is noticeably worse than the 13PM. Figured the network was congested. I had 5Ge and data and I couldnā€™t even send iMessages.

Then, Saturday morning, I had a 1.5 road trip. I had some stops to make prior, and thatā€™s when I noticed that the GPS wasnā€™t functioning properly. Siri was telling me to turn 3 different directions at once and my overall location was maybe 10 miles off. Tried Google Maps same thing. Later found out about the 16.1 beta GPS bug. Side note: It works fine when using CarPlay.
3C818265-9D7B-450D-9FE0-8D96F3E7C991.jpeg

Battery was down from 100% at 7am to 35% by 1pm. Likely because of GPS and all the network drops and data is probably still downloading in the background.

I also have to carry a microfiber cloth. I constantly find myself cleaning the dynamic island area. Then message tones werenā€™t working, even after confirming that itā€™s set up exactly like my 13PM.

Now that my frustration has settled, Iā€™m going to keep it because I like more things than I hate. Iā€™ll be carrying both phones because this one is unreliable right now.

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
MacRumors just posted a useful article. Anyone taking advantage of the iPhone turn on/off sound?

An optional new accessibility feature allows all iPhone 14 models to play a sound when powered on and powered off. The feature can be enabled in the Settings app under Accessibility ā†’ Audio/Visual ā†’ Power On & Off Sounds.

It would neat if they allowed you to customize this, so one could record the Mac startup sound and use that. Not that I would even hear it much since I rarely reboot!

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
TL;DR This is the first time Iā€™ve ever said I hated an iPhone and Iā€™m really thinking about going back to my 13PM.
View attachment 2070557
My first day with the 14PM was an adventure. Launch day, I noticed that the network service is noticeably worse than the 13PM. Figured the network was congested. I had 5Ge and data and I couldnā€™t even send iMessages.

Then, Saturday morning, I had a 1.5 road trip. I had some stops to make prior, and thatā€™s when I noticed that the GPS wasnā€™t functioning properly. Siri was telling me to turn 3 different directions at once and my overall location was maybe 10 miles off. Tried Google Maps same thing. Later found out about the 16.1 beta GPS bug. Side note: It works fine when using CarPlay.
View attachment 2070556
Battery was down from 100% at 7am to 35% by 1pm. Likely because of GPS and all the network drops and data is probably still downloading in the background.

I also have to carry a microfiber cloth. I constantly find myself cleaning the dynamic island area. Then message tones werenā€™t working, even after confirming that itā€™s set up exactly like my 13PM.

Now that my frustration has settled, Iā€™m going to keep it because I like more things than I hate. Iā€™ll be carrying both phones because this one is unreliable right now.
Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Sounds like these are mainly software-related, so hopefully will get cleared up soon with updates. And I am also planning on keeping my 13PM as a backup to my 14PM šŸ‘šŸ»

Xoterin

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
via iPhone 8 Plus
Arenā€™t you able to roll back the iOS version, or is this what you were referring to?
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m referring to. I set up as new and I canā€™t restore a 16.1 backup to 16.0.1 and donā€™t feel like going through all the settings again.

ETA: Iā€™m working fully remote this week, so not a huge deal. Maybe weā€™ll see a new beta this week.

Reactions: Whistler Mac

Kierkegaarden

Cancelled
Dec 13, 2018
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m referring to. I set up as new and I canā€™t restore a 16.1 backup to 16.0.1 and donā€™t feel like going through all the settings again.

ETA: Iā€™m working fully remote this week, so not a huge deal. Maybe weā€™ll see a new beta this week.
Sorry I misunderstood. I donā€™t run betas, so I donā€™t know the process. I hope this gets cleared up soon for you šŸ˜¬

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2012
I agree with everything you said. I got 512GB on the 14 PM for the first time for the same reasons you did. I also should have gotten the 256GB because I am also disappointed in the color.
What are you going to do?? Keep or try to exchange for 256? I hate returning and exchanging. Plus the 256 size is the most popular so trying to find one before our 15 window will be hard.

Reactions: CarolG and Brad7

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
So Iā€™m definitely liking the battery life on my Pro Max, started my day at 8am, did a full day including activating my eSim at the carrier store, charged only for the 20 mins home, and have been using it pretty much all of the day after to the trip to the carrier and Iā€™m ending my day with still 28%. Thatā€™s just great letā€™s see how tomorrow goes with it finally being on a network for a full day
Yep after the quick start update, easy esim activation (around hour and half I have 250 GB to move) and the several hours updating in reinstalling my apps and indexing (and the battery drain and heating on my MagSafe puck which for rest of process held me on 74 percent ā€” saw that last year) I am impressed with life on my ne 14 ProMax especially since I was on it all day yesterday putting it through paces. I was down to 31 percent after 10 hours of constant use. Saw similar when I did constart use on 13 ProMax so this is doing well and with AOD to boot

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
View attachment 2070557

View attachment 2070556

Not having GPS problem but I only got the 6.01 update to make sure some of bugs apple said were fixed would be fixed. Everything seems to work fine. Did you update to the 6.1 beta? That is supposedly where GPS on google maps does not work right but on 6.01 official I am not seeing that?

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Has anyone in Wave 3 seen any movement yet? Nothing since 720 PM 9/17 at ZZ.

View attachment 2070582
Well as a part of wave 1 in the opening day shipments it sat in that phase for about a full 2 days then it went to Korea/Anchorage and Louisville. So this 3rd wave is still part of preorder batches even though not part of opening day, so I am imagining there still are a lot of phones and thus I would guess by Monday you will see it leaving China.

Reactions: Brad7 and Chasemk27
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.